+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with my game.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Need help with my game.

My girlfriend for the last month has been in a lot of back pain. It's mostly focused on her lower back, and usually around her spinal chord. She does not wish to see a doctor, but is willing to try at-home techniques to try and get rid of the pain. If the problem persist though, I will force her to the doctor's office. From a quick search of google, I have come up with a short list of things to try.

*Exercise daily, focusing on ab workouts. Never doing anything that causes pain.

*Use over the counter pain pills, such as Aleve or Tylonel, to calm down inflamed muscles, but do not over medicate.

*Rest in bed if the pain is too severe.

That's all I have been able to come up with. I do not think this will do the trick, so please help me BG, is there anything I can do that can help?

Banned.

BG Level

See a massage therapist, don't start popping OTC pain meds because she can become addicted to it. There's also specialty massage called "rolfing" where they knead deep into the tissue and 'flatten' it.

Find out good lower back stretches as well.

Lupis.. or is her breast huge.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Finesse View Post
    See a massage therapist, don't start popping OTC pain meds because she can become addicted to it.
    Addicted to Tylenol?

...really dude?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

No joke, it sounds like constipation.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Addicted to Tylenol?

...really dude?
    Yes you obtuse motherfucker, you can become mentally and physically addicted to Tylenol and start overmedicating.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

did she do anything? like lift something heavy? any tingling sensation in the legs? does it hurt all the time or just when standing/walking?

a aunt of mine went thru similar thing. lower back pain, she saw a doctor and had some special xray thing done. it was a pinched nerve causing her pain. no surgery needed. infact doctor advised against doing so. all she needed to do was excercises specifcally targeting and strengthning her back muscles. after a few months of doing that she is much better now.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Yes you obtuse motherfucker, you can become mentally and physically addicted to Tylenol and start overmedicating.
    youd probably be dead before then from the tylenol OD.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    Yeah it's one hell of a drug when you take just a little too much.

However, had a friend addicted to the coated advil's, the brown ones. They taste good, so he ate them all the time. Kid has so many health problems and is so fucked up now and hes only like 27. Anything can be habit forming.

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Get her to the doctor not to BG.

I have a similar problem - herniated disk. But it flares up/goes away. Getting a good mattress has kept it away for years now.

But at least get the diagnosis so she doesn't aggravate it more.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    My girlfriend for the last month has been in a lot of back pain. It's mostly focused on her lower back, and usually around her spinal chord. She does not wish to see a doctor, but is willing to try at-home techniques to try and get rid of the pain. If the problem persist though, I will force her to the doctor's office. From a quick search of google, I have come up with a short list of things to try.

*Exercise daily, focusing on ab workouts. Never doing anything that causes pain.

*Use over the counter pain pills, such as Aleve or Tylonel, to calm down inflamed muscles, but do not over medicate.

That's all I have been able to come up with. I do not think this will do the trick, so please help me BG, is there anything I can do that can help?
    Fuck sake, not another one. Look, there could be a dozen reasons why, but one of the more common reasons for lower back pain is kidney problems. Unless she's fat, pregnant, suffering from hepatitis, has a GI infection, suffering from osteoperosis, has a bladder infection, a uterine infection, cervical infection, a gall bladder infection, a splenal infection, or one of another million reasons lower back pain manifests, the best fucking thing to do is go see a doctor.

And if you really want to make sure it's not cancer or another dangerous disease, and if you really love your girlfriend, you will do what you can to advise her the best thing to do is see a doctor and have a deep tissue scan done to rule out anything serious.

Look, people, if you want someone to just give you some pain medicine to make the symptoms go away, don't fucking come here and ask for medical advice. If you want long term relief, go see a doctor. Go see a doctor. GO SEE A DOCTOR. Why? Because then, when your loved one or yourself is on your deathbed dying from what could have been fixed had you gone to see a doctor, you won't be saying "Well fuck, I guess I should have listened when I asked for medical advice from a gaming forum".

You know Kuro...being that one of the sentences in the OP specifically was "If...I will force her to the doctor," it looks like you didn't really read it, and just wanted to copypasta your rant. tl;dr, this isn't another one. If she dies from lower back pain, I'll buy you mad gils in FF14.

I have lower back pain from sitting slouching and leaning like a pimp/boss/whatever it was cool for a black guy to be like over the past 8 years. She doesn't necessarily have to work out every day, but have her work that core out every day that she can(if that's every day, great), and yes, this is not the exercising where pain is gain. Core being everything around the midsection, including some back stretches and strengthening, and leg work too. If she has what I have, then she needs other parts of the body to pick up the lifting that is currently weighing on the back.

If you want, I can post varying exercises, but I'm pretty sure you found some already. Give this an absolute max of a month(more like 2 weeks if she really gets into a daily routine), if there's no progress, time to see a white coat. Also, stop banging her so hard. My gay lover is the other reason my back hurts, and I don't appreciate that at all.

Finally, put some Tussin on it.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Kuro, didn't you make a BG legal thread not to long ago?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Actually, no. I made a thread asking for credit advice. Once. I actually took the advice too.

And my apologies for missing the part where he said he would force her to go if necessary.

It's just annoying that people constantly ask for advice and then don't like the answer they get. If you don't want a particular piece of advice, then don't ask for advice.

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

She does not wish to see a doctor

I believe I have found the root of the problem

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks everyone for the advice. And to Kuro, I know a doctor is the best bet at the moment, but I want to try something that -might- work, and if it doesn't we will go. Could you post some exercises that she can do, Que? Or send them in a PM, whichever works.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Last time I had back pain problems I had two 10mm kidney stones in my right kidney. It was awesomely fun.

Whatever the case is though get that bitch to a doctor.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    You can overmedicate and not OD, just do serious liver damage. Like if it says don't take more than 6 per day and she's taking 8-10 because she refuses to get help and relies on the pills for the pain. At that point she's just doing long term damage to her liver because she's treating the symptoms and not the ailment.

@Aristio - At the very least drop a hundred bucks on a massage therapist for her. They will be able to tell her if it's something more serious that they can't help with and recommend a doctor, otherwise they will suggest and in most cases give you a printout of stretches and exercises she can do to alleviate / prevent the pain.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

You can overmedicate and not OD, just do serious liver damage. Like if it says don't take more than 6 per day and she's taking 8-10 because she refuses to get help and relies on the pills for the pain. At that point she's just doing long term damage to her liver because she's treating the symptoms and not the ailment.

@Aristio - At the very least drop a hundred bucks on a massage therapist for her. They will be able to tell her if it's something more serious that they can't help with and recommend a doctor, otherwise they will suggest and in most cases give you a printout of stretches and exercises she can do to alleviate / prevent the pain.
    This. Won't let me donate plasma anymore because I used to get headaches, and chased them off with tylenol. Now I'm letting booze finish the job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast