+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

Yeah, that instant kill is such a sucker punch when you don't know what to expect, but he's pretty easy with EMP, 2-3 should be enough to take him out if you want to easy mode him, since it'd stun him retarded and you can just break down its armor.

Looking at the layout for the hadron collider shit, I can really see how time attacker would just abandon the safe zones, but damn that's a lot of shit to redo if you fuck up even once lol.

All those deaths paid off I guess. Currently Ranked 3 on the leaderboards for that level. Usually I fuck around too much to get a time bonus, but for that level I just wanted to get it done. "ffxibrp" on PSN if you feel sharing my glory. (Hard mode, but not sure if it matters)

EDIT: Guy in first place blows away both me and the 2nd place guy. I wonder how long before people start dominating the game.

EDIT: Actually looking over the leaderboard I ended up getting top 10 in a few missions. I wonder if there is an easier way to check rather than going through each one lol.

Game cleared! Surprisingly got 5th place on the scoreboard, thought I did a lot worse on some missions. Oh and first place on the final boss fight....! Well basically almost everyone got 1500 points there lol. Except people who kept on loading to checkpoint... someone got a score of -66,000... did he die 66 times? Anyway...

Amazing game! 5/5! I would describe the experience as sublime action. Definitely going to replay this a few times, at least one on God Hard and try to score well with the challenges.

Storyline Spoilers
    Spoiler: show
    So what are the chances of this game making good on its unresolved ending? I am dying for a sequel! I hope the sales are not THAT bad...

The storyline was very plain, but not annoying in the least. Cutscenes were great fun to watch, and they were short and to the point. Game pulls off commentary you might find in a MGS, but without the long cutscenes. That is to say, commentary that isn't very interesting! Like a president would really kill him/herself over creating a few wars - that would be nice.

I have one problem here. The dialogue towards the very end gets kind of lolwut. I have a strong feeling the storyline got rushed since the game did end rather quickly. The biggest wtf being the whole scene with Burns before the final boss. It was enough for me to say wtf out loud.

Scenario Spoilers
    Wicked final boss fight. When you take out the first one... best QTE in videogames. Then when you get that speed/power boost, it is fucking awesome. The best part is... I beat the final boss by shooting him down to the ground, then boosting and drop kicking him in the face. Damn!

Considering how quickly this game wraps up I have to wonder how much was cut.

Also lol at the credit sequence.

Easter Egg Spoilers
    You might have heard about the dancing robots, but I haven't seen anyone mention that they are based on Bayonetta. They do Bayonetta ending theme dance("lets dance boys!") and the song is a remix of that song.

Random thoughts:

None of the repeated boss fights felt repetitive. I could have been alright with fighting everything again, except maybe Unknown who isn't very dangerous at all. Now if they had two Unknowns or something, in a small room... hmmm that could get nuts.

Like I said I could replay the hell out of this game. The score system is more rewarding than I thought it would be and my fears of cover being mandatory during hard modes was premature.

I'd love a sequel. They wouldn't even need to fix much. Just add more shit. More moves(non-reaction grapple attacks!), more weapons, etc etc.

Also this game is pretty easy to clear, more so if you use checkpoints. So no one should be intimidated by it, especially if one messes around with Casual Auto.

EDIT: This is one of the best looking games ever put on a console. And I couldn't even tell it was only 30 FPS.

EDIT: Mikami is the master of the Third Person Shooter.

Had to replay the final boss, this time ending it with an uppercut. Aside from that, the coolest thing I've done in the game. Slow-mo powerslide under an Unknown and nailing him with a shotgun just when he was about to finish it with his melee move.

EDIT: Also I think Sega dropped the ball on this one. The title is relatively unknown.

EDIT: Noticing a trend that bad reviews simply suck at the game.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Riposte View Post
    EDIT: Also I think Sega dropped the ball on this one. The title is relatively unknown.
    Which sucks since it's such an easy game to make a flashy trailer for using ingame footage with. I've yet to see any marketing for the game at all.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Which sucks since it's such an easy game to make a flashy trailer for using ingame footage with. I've yet to see any marketing for the game at all.
    Have seen a ton of commercials for it during baseball all week, as well as websites plastered with Vanquish all over them the past two weeks.

Oh really? Well maybe I am not giving them enough credit. Still not much hype to be found. Though now that it is started to be played it is getting a lot of attention on forums. If this fails in terms of sales, it will have a huge cult following anyway.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Of course this is right after I get it off amazon for 46 dollars. Oh well, I still can't wait to play this.

Another awesome factoid about this game: On PS3 or 360, not sure which, there are only 10 clears of God Hard and 3 of them have negative score. Unfortunately I can't give this a shot right now, but eventually I'll be on that list with a positive score. There is also a very small amount of people who have beaten the final challenge.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Gonna say thanks BRP. That's a price I can work with, gonna pick it up tomorrow.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Awesome game. Loved every second. It is too bad it wasn't alittle longer.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just bumping this thread because more people need to get this game or at the very least rent it.

Elena - "IT'S A TRAP!"
    Sam - "Thanks for the update, admiral!"

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Usually don't work on platinums for games unless I really love them... but man the challenge trophy seems to be one of the hardest trophies I've ever tried getting.

This game had a really low sell-through rate. I am guessing that it will hit budget prices very quickly. There has already has been crazy deals on Amazon and Kmart.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

good because i really want to play this game

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Anyone try the Tactical Challenge 6 yet? I can't believe how hard this one is compared to all the others. Fun but hard. I can't get past the 3rd wave yet.

This game bombed HARD! lol, probably much worse than Godhand. A damn shame obviously. I wonder if I should be happy I can't see NPD's numbers.

EDIT: You know, if it does worse numbers than Japan's then something really went wrong.

I'm surprised, it's a really good game. I hope we still get a sequel though, would suck to leave the game where it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast