Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

With all the other big named releases around this game I didn't doubt it would happen. Really sad though and I also hope for a sequel.

The Future Press (or is it Futurepress?) official stategy guide came in recently. SO SEXY. MY GOD! 300~ pages of greatness.

"What upcoming games are you most looking forward to?"

Mikami: "Probably Fallout: New Vegas or Gran Turismo 5"

Interesting lol

Ending interview question

Spoiler: show
    "The end of the game is rather open ended, so we are looking forward to a potential sequel. If there was sequel, do you already have ideas for changes or additions to make it even better?"

Inaba: "Making a sequel to Vanquish really depends on the fans' expectations and responses. If there is a big enough response, the world of Vanquish will probably expand."

;_____________________________________;
    heartbroken

"What was the reasoning for making Sam a smoker?"

Mikami: "It bothers me how smokers are treated these days. They've been arbitrarily labeled as a societal ill and pushed off to the side. Personally, I don't want to see smoking disappear in the future, So Sam smoking was my nod to that. I think that, for the smoker, smoking is just as natural as going to the restroom to take care of business"

"Also, which came first: The cigarette, or the idea of something that allows Sam to distract enemies?"

Mikami: "The cigarette. It would have been a waste to introduce a cigarette just for show, so I went back afterwards and added the idea that robots react to the heat source of the cigarette and attack it"

Ridill
    BG Level

Playing this game and it's really fun. But I think I suck real bad at it lol.
    Only playing on Normal I've made it up to the start of act 3 and I've died like 14 times so far. And it's taken me 3 hours to do so.

I am excited that I should be getting this in the mail early next week. I had meant to get it sooner but totally spaced it. It will be a good pace changer from PLB2 and something to keep me busy until Dead Space 2.

Ridill
    BG Level

I was going to try and platinum Vanquish, but after seeing videos of the Challenges, I don't think it's a possibility...
    I'm going to try it after I beat the game on hard, maybe I'll be able to after that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I still haven't beaten the last challenge lol

Ridill
    BG Level

Blaawrararg. On my 15th or so attempt at beating 5-3 on Hard. Can't manage to get 1 Bogey's HP below 1/4. I know once I'm down to just a single Bogey I'll have no problem, but damn this is getting annoying. I definitely know now I wont be able to beat challenge 6...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Coming to Steam on May 25th, 4K support
    SEGA Europe are thrilled to announce that PlatinumGames’ revolutionary sci-fi action shooter Vanquish will launch for PC, on Steam, on Thursday 25th May, 2017 having undergone SEGA’s renowned best practice conversion treatment.

Pre-order Vanquish on Steam and other SEGA approved retailers to receive the Digital Deluxe Edition which includes a 5 track soundtrack sampler, character and enemy avatars, art book and exclusive wallpapers. Fans who already own Bayonetta™ on Steam or purchase it before 25th May, 2017 will automatically get 25% off when they pre-order Vanquish. However, you only have until the 25th May, 2017 to secure the Digital Deluxe Edition via pre-ordering before it reverts to the Standard Edition.

Directed by Shinji Mikami, the creator of the Resident Evil series, Vanquish is a sci-fi shooter of epic proportion. Take control of DARPA operative Sam Gideon, who has been assigned a mission to battle legions of future-tech enemies using a vast arsenal of weapons. Vanquish boasts fluid and frenetic combat, spectacular melee moves, and intense speed, wrapped in a gripping story. Vanquish is the latest best practice conversion from SEGA, and features a host of PC optimised options, including an unlocked framerate, 4k resolution support, extensive graphics options and full keyboard and mouse support.

“It was great to see the positive response from our community to the Bayonetta PC launch last month, and we are pleased that we are in a position to be able to announce Vanquish, another of our highly requested back catalogue titles,” said John Clark, Senior Vice President of Commercial Publishing for SEGA Europe. “There’s more to come from SEGA in this space, so stay tuned for further announcements.”

Adding to the growing list of best practice conversions from SEGA’s back catalogue, Vanquish joins Bayonetta, Typing of the Dead, Valkyria Chronicles and the SEGA Mega Drive Classics Collection. Keep up to date with all the latest SEGA news on Facebook facebook.com/Sega and Twitter twitter.com/SEGA.

Features

• Fast, fluid and frenetic combat – Platinum Games bring their signature action mechanics to the shooter genre: boosting, evading, Augmented Reaction mode, and more

• Kinetic melee moves – unique offensive and defensive moves that vary with your loadout

• Deadly firepower – command a vast arsenal of high-tech weapons, including all DLC weapons

• Legions of enemies – a huge variety of enemies to take down, from robot grunts to epic giant boss battles, all with smart AI

• Spectacular environments – fight your way through SC-01 Providence space colony, high-tech sci-fi battleground of the future

• Challenge and competition – race to the top of the online leaderboards with a rewarding scoring system and multiple difficulty modes that ensure challenging replayability

• Full Steam Support – Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud Save, Trading Cards, and Big Picture Mode

• Unlocked resolutions – play at 4K and beyond

• Unlocked framerates – push it as far as your rig will take you; PC gaming at its most liberating

• Enhanced PC graphical options – anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, SSAO lighting, scalable texture and shadow quality, post-processing effects and more

• Full EFIGS + Japanese support – voice overs, subtitles, and game menus in any language combination
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/460810/Vanquish/

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sweet. My friends and I refer to this as America: The Game.

Only 5 months behind schedule. Nice.

Nice. I've been wanting to play this again. Looks like I'll just wait for this release instead of playing the original.

To this day, I still think this was the hardest game that I've platinum'd. That final tactical mission was insane.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Remaster Leaked by the Microsoft Store

Spoiler: show

The hit sci-fi shooter returns. An overpopulated Earth suffocating under limited resources looks to Providence, the solar-powered space colony for support. When Providence is suddenly taken over by a mutinous group and its technology used to devastate cities, it’s up to a specially trained unit of space marines to reclaim the colony.

Equipped with BLADE, the experimental weapon system that can scan, copy, and save up to three existing weapons, space DARPA agent Sam Gideon must infiltrate Providence, defeat legions of future-tech foes, and disable the energy transmitter threatening life on Earth.

Key Features

• 4K graphics at 60 frames per second available for Xbox One X.

• Remastered for the first time on Xbox One.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/va...eek:verviewtab

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Vanquish needs a sequel. Fuck the BS.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nothing about those screenshots says 'remastered'. Just looks like the PC version w/ the higher framerate cap and resolution. The least they could have done is touch up the UI font and icons.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alright I'm in there to "Platinum" both of these games again.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries