Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

That thing still kinda hits fast and hard to bloodtank, I'm sure it'd be manageable with a lot of PDT then, but idk if that's the route I'd go personally. At least as RDM with Phalanx/28% PDT- he clocks me for a solid 100-170 a pop still.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Never had BLU and yeah that WOULD work but this can be free EXP for my RDM since I hate EXPing (ib4 astralburn noob)

So if it's not possible, meh, but figure it's worth a shot if I can get a look at the gear DRGs wear when they solo.
    It should be easy for you two to duo it with you as RDM. If you want some pointers on DRG though, there's some solo talk going on in this thread.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    It should be easy for you two to duo it with you as RDM. If you want some pointers on DRG though, there's some solo talk going on in this thread.
    Yea should be easy, but if you're skilled on drg/mage, and have wyrm armet I'd recommend going /whm cause being stuck there cause of bind can really annoying, and time wasting.
    Though keep in mind you're going have to worry about a lot more aggro on the way to ENM since you're a lot lower level.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thanks a bunch

Edit: RDM has sneak and invis

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Since we're on the topic of DRG/Mage, has anyone else had any issues as of late while gear swapping for Healing Breath? The wyvern HP+ gear I switch into as well as relic head don't seem to be taking affect within the frame normally allotted for gear swapping. I was changing stuff around and even went as far as a windower macro with the actual macro being

Spoiler: show
    /equip head "Drachen Armet +1"
    /ma "TriggerSpell" <t>
    /wait 1
    /insert windower macro of HB gear here

And I only get a lower amount cured of about 330~ depending on if I'm doing VoS FoV or Campaign. My PC doesn't really lag so I have no idea what's causing the gear not to be read til like 3-4sec after the spell went off.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    Since we're on the topic of DRG/Mage, has anyone else had any issues as of late while gear swapping for Healing Breath? The wyvern HP+ gear I switch into as well as relic head don't seem to be taking affect within the frame normally allotted for gear swapping. I was changing stuff around and even went as far as a windower macro with the actual macro being

/ma "TriggerSpell" <t>
    /wait 1

And I only get a lower amount cured of about 330~ depending on if I'm doing VoS FoV or Campaign. My PC doesn't really lag so I have no idea what's causing the gear not to be read til like 3-4sec after the spell went off.
    I am pretty sure you need to put on wyvern +HP gear before you start casting to get to take effect ussually, only wyrm armet[or saurian] can be put on and seen effect post-cast, which is why personally I go for +HP swap so I can trigger it sooner.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I've been planning on soloing Suzaku for awhile but never got around to it due to lack of gear needed. I'm pretty sure I'm probably still lacking a lot of gear to still take on Suzaku without getting my ass kicked so bad.

This is what I have so far.

PDT set
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=129710

MDT set
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=129712

Enfeeb ACC
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=126272

This set won't get me very far with Suzaku will it? I wanted to ask before I went out and wasted a popset. I'm having a hard time getting my hands on +1 Darksteel/Coral :/

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post

/ma "TriggerSpell" <t>
    /wait 1

My Wyvern's HP always increases about 3 seconds after I actually swap the gear in as well, so I'd guess that's just how it is. I ended up tweaking my HB sets so that the Wyvern gear is in both my HP+ casting set and my actual Breath set as a result to ensure it's active.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Right now I'd say your gear is good enough that you should be able to do just about anything RDM can do in the game. All you need is skill and a lot of patience.

For Coral/DS:
    Buy the ingredients and have a crafter make them for you.
    You don't actually need Hands/Head Coral+1 pieces with Resentment Cape active, just HQ Body/Legs/Feet would work. When you get HQ Coral Body, you'll be able to drop the hands for Duelist's Gloves. HQ feet and you can drop the head for Warlock's Chapeau (getting Utsu back up faster after -ga.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    My Wyvern's HP always increases about 3 seconds after I actually swap the gear in as well, so I'd guess that's just how it is. I ended up tweaking my HB sets so that the Wyvern gear is in both my HP+ casting set and my actual Breath set as a result to ensure it's active.
    How much do your HBs do without Deep breathing?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Don't quote me on this, but it looks like a really good offhand weapon for WHM/NIN if you don't have/can't use Kclub. Relatively good DPS and a very low delay. I'd bet the price tag is preying on suckers who think it's worth using over HQ staves though.
    Sorry for quoting you on this... ;P

If this is only useful for WHM/NIN I'll stick to Perdu offhand until I get a Kraken =/

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    How much do your HBs do without Deep breathing?
    Saurian, Chanoix's Gorget, Ostreger Mitts, Wyvern Mail, and Drachen Brais gives me about 350 with no EXP, more with Wyvern TP. Perfect HB gear (Homam feet, Wyrm Armet, AF+1 legs) brings it to about 400 with no TP.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Right now I'd say your gear is good enough that you should be able to do just about anything RDM can do in the game. All you need is skill and a lot of patience.

For Coral/DS:
    Buy the ingredients and have a crafter make them for you.
    You don't actually need Hands/Head Coral+1 pieces with Resentment Cape active, just HQ Body/Legs/Feet would work. When you get HQ Coral Body, you'll be able to drop the hands for Duelist's Gloves. HQ feet and you can drop the head for Warlock's Chapeau (getting Utsu back up faster after -ga.)
    Finding a crafter has been pretty hard, too, even with offering a reward, I still can't find anyone. I'll try again now that I'm back from my break.

Also, should I stick with Bio or Bio II till Suzaku chainspell?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus View Post
    How much MAB do you need for HQ Staves to beat Dorje?
    Well.. never really looked at the numbers before, but first off, the amount will vary based on what your MAB outside of Dorje is. Let's define some variables:

x : your base MAB, before adding in Dorje

y : the amount of MAB you would need on top of x to match a Dorje used in conjunction with 'x' MAB.

MABd : x + 25 (total MAB with Dorje)

MABy : x + y (total MAB needed to match Dorje with 'x' base MAB)

Let's also state that the multiplier for MAB is: 1 + MAB/100,
    and that the multiplier for HQ (matching elemental) staves is: 1.15.
    The total damage multiplier from HQ staves and MAB is: 1.15 (1 + MAB/100)

We can express a relation between 'x' and 'y' like so:

1 + MABd/100 = 1.15 (1 + MABy/100)
    1 + (x + 25)/100 = 1.15 (1 + (x + y)/100)

solving this for 'y' yields:

y = (200 - 3x)/23

Throw in some sample 'x' values, and you'll see that it's pretty easy to beat Dorje.
    Furthermore, by substituting '0' for 'y', and solving for 'x', we get the value of '67'. Once you hit (about) 67 MAB total (without Dorje of course), adding an HQ staff will always beat adding a Dorje.

So in short (yeah it was a bit long-winded..), the answer is 67 heh.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Saurian, Chanoix's Gorget, Ostreger Mitts, Wyvern Mail, and Drachen Brais gives me about 350 with no EXP, more with Wyvern TP. Perfect HB gear (Homam feet, Wyrm Armet, AF+1 legs) brings it to about 400 with no TP.
    Did they patch the Healing Breath trick? What happened to the 700+ HP recovered?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Did they patch the Healing Breath trick? What happened to the 700+ HP recovered?
    Deep Breath required for those.

For anyone interested,

Did SSR as MNK/DNC and RDM/WHM. Barely had to touch the RDM outside of Phalanx2 lol. Did Hammerblow and Dekka with 30 minutes to spare. Used Destroyers on 1F & Dekka, Faith's on Devilet. Hardest fight was Devilet by far.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I am bored in class, and I am obviously going to make a post here. Let me clarify what I am trying to get out of this. Basically, for people with several 75 jobs, all of which are used almost equally as often, how do you put merits into your jobs so that you get the most out of your jobs? In other words, which jobs require merits to be most efficient, and which jobs don't require merits or require less to be efficient?

Here is an example of what I am asking;
    'person X' with WAR THF MNK RDM WHM BLM 75.
    would meriting 8 GA on war, and 8 H2H on mnk be more efficient than having 8 dagger on thf and 8 GA on war? would 8 enfeebling and 8 elemental be more efficient than 8 enhancing and 8 enfeebling?

Now keeping in mind the 'other' merit group, and job specific merits (in terms of which to merit to full first)

My jobs are: THF NIN WAR RDM BRD DRK (PLD is next, so consider that 75 as part of your answer at some point, after helping me with those jobs, I am fine removing merits after this hits 75)

HP: 4
    MP: 4

STR: 5

Crit rate: 5
    enmity increase: 3

Great Axe: 8
    Dagger: 4
    Katana: 4
    Evasion: 4

Enfeebling: 8
    Enhancing: 4
    Wind: 4

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bukadan View Post
    My jobs are: THF NIN WAR RDM BRD DRK PLD
    GA-8
    Scythe-8
    Enfeebling-8
    Wind-8
    Double attack -5
    Tomahawk-1
    Convert Recast -5
    SlowII-5
    Triple attack-5
    Feint -5
    Chivalry -1+
    Desperate blows-4+
    Lullaby Recast-5
    Nightingale-1+
    Troubadour-1+

Start with those, after you get those done, can discuss the rest :O

What race are you? As taru I much value HP+8 over any MP. If you tank a lot or use your DRK for zerg you may feel the same way.

Crit Rate caps at 4, so do Crit+4 Enmity+4

If you're going to be using PLD a lot you may want to consider Sword +4 or even +8. Either way I'd certainly lose the Evasion to do more weapon merits, especially considering your current plan has none for DRK or PLD.

You'll want to see how close you are with your BRD gear to change march tiers. It may be that you need to add or can lose some Wind Skill merits. Alternatively, you could use the same thought process for your RDM regarding Enhancing merits.

Quick answer, about to gtfo.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast