Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    spider123

Does store TP affect jumps?

Also, what would the reasonably "optimal" DRG Jump sets be?

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by spider123 View Post

Yes, TP return is treated like a normal swing on jumps aside from the TP boost from Barone Legs(Skystrider too I think?) which adds on a flat #. I'll let an actual DRG field #2.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Bloodsucker NM is a timed pop, right?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Maguile View Post
    Bloodsucker NM is a timed pop, right?
    72 hours on the dot. Some debate about what it is after maint. (I say 21-24 hours but I got mine in 04? so it's been a while)

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    72 hours on the dot. Some debate about what it is after maint. (I say 21-24 hours but I got mine in 04? so it's been a while)
    its 24 flat, server up before logon time just makes people think it varies

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    einherjar and dynamis have never been accurate for parses when I did it ( when I parse an alliance or the whole ls). I ran it on my side, pchan on his side, and we found results *very* different usually. Now I only parse myself or my PT, never more people.
    Both same parser? I've never seen this happen, idk though (I stopped parsing Ein for a while, and just recently took it back up, 2boxing was messing it up before, but Kparser seems to have fixed that).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Yes, TP return is treated like a normal swing on jumps aside from the TP boost from Barone Legs(Skystrider too I think?) which adds on a flat #. I'll let an actual DRG field #2.
    Correct, and barone leg/body offer +2 TP on jump, HQ is +3, and skystrider is +5.

Quote Originally Posted by spider123 View Post

As for the optimal set there two common ways to go about either aiming for capped acc then going for str > att > vit, or going for dex/str mainly to get a higher crit rate. Optimally for non-crit set would be this ish:
    Conte Cosciales[Ares or Heca legs if you're using V-Fork, Skystrider, or Rose Strap]
    Hecatomb Cap +1
    Virtuoso belt [Maybe Warwolf Belt, Swordbelt +1 or Wyrm Belt pending acc]
    Ares's Gauntlets
    Love Torque
    Ares's Cuirass
    Cuchulain's Mantle[or forager mantle depends on acc]
    Drn. Greaves +1
    Black Tathulm[or Astrolabe]
    Toreader/Rajas ring[Flame/Rajas when Acc not issue]
    Hollow/Brutal Earring[Assault, or Fowling + Brutal is fine though]
    Edit: Also for high jump swap legs to relic, and body to STP piece, or Barone/Conte for 6-hit. Both assuming /sam for 6-hit of course.

spider123

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    DRG Jumps

Ty sir, just needed a general idea as to what to aim for.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

If I wanted to do a lowman Jorm for shits, could someone give me a basic strat? Also about how much Ice+ in gear would a PLD be shooting for?

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    Edit: Also for high jump swap legs to relic, and body to STP piece, or Barone/Conte for 6-hit. Both assuming /sam for 6-hit of course.
    Don't Wyrm Brais simply increase the enmity shed, rather than providing an attack boost as Drachen Greaves do? If so you'd probably be better off sticking to DD legs instead.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I've been getting alot of comments from people in my shell/outside my shell telling me that "cor isnt there for dmg, it does shit dmg compared to rng and blm and any other DD" and i get told to sub whm because my only job is to roll and curaga. I was wondering if any of you guys thought that cor is a DD(i think it is..but some in my shell think its support only and cant even do dmg close to a blm or rng...etc).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I've seen a Tiamat parse where the pimpest BLM is #1 and a pimpy QD COR comes in second, a bit below the #1 and a fair bit above the rest of the BLMs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Shit's situational obviously, but saying "cor can't DD" is stupid, and people saying it are stupid. You can't melee every event obviously, but there's always QD damage etc.

Varies hugely depending on how many people you have/how your linkshell fights tiamat. If your blms are not allowed to nuke it on the ground and/or you have enough damage to force it to land quickly then these things will make a huge difference.

A blm which is properly geared meritted (vast majority of blms I've seen at tiamat get lots of resists, and this is from so called good blms) will not resist much. If they aren't restricted to nuking in the air only then the blm will easily beat the cor (I never understood this because the tp moves are only dangerous if you allow it to tp again after a roar).

Cor can do great against things like tiamat, just don't be under the illusion they can ever match a rng, melee DD or blm of equal gear/merits. Obviously this is based on you not being able to melee the target with joyeuse.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Most COR I've played with definitely weren't playing to damage potential, so I'd say overall cor is not there for damage. Granted if they have superior gear/knowledge of how to play the job correctly, then I'd say cor contributes to damage.

Also depends on the mobs in question, if you're shooting for tp, meleeing for tp, or only there to QD and roll.

tl;dr: if you're not gimp, go cor DD. If you suck, sub /whm and be JP.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Don't Wyrm Brais simply increase the enmity shed, rather than providing an attack boost as Drachen Greaves do? If so you'd probably be better off sticking to DD legs instead.
    it's both +10% attack, and more enmity lose, afaik since the JP book Elmer had post translation from year or two ago listed both, but I've never seen formal testing for the +10% attack part[I have seen testing to show more enmity lost from it though]

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    Also, from my experience, most players are unable to sit at their PC for the duration of Dynamis, so how many times you afk (or try to Hasso tank a HF MNK for an excuse to afk) is a pretty large factor in dynamis parses.
    I really like the relatively new "Performance" tab. Or at least, I like the idea of it; I'm not sure how accurate it is just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    einherjar and dynamis have never been accurate for parses when I did it ( when I parse an alliance or the whole ls). I ran it on my side, pchan on his side, and we found results *very* different usually. Now I only parse myself or my PT, never more people.
    I have not had this experience. If another person and I both parse with Kparser, we generally have only minor differences. Kparser is what everyone in my shell (who parses) uses, so I can't say how different parsers would read the same event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    tl;dr: if you're not gimp, go cor DD. If you suck, sub /whm and be JP.
    I would have to agree with this. I could elaborate, and of course "DD COR" means very different things at different events (QD only, shooting for TP, or meleeing for TP). The difference between my COR's damage right after I hit 75 on it (with very little gear) and now is immense. And sometimes, subbing WHM is still the right thing to do.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

People who argue that COR is a DD generally aren't talking about QD. A solid QD set can do a ton of damage over sustained fights, but note that your damage isn't coming from your awesome slugshots on anything above merits.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thorny, can you tell me the blind spot where you hold scylla without getting any aggros from the adds? Is it at the snow wall? Thanks.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

When idling on Bst, or any job for that matter, does -enmity make a difference?
    I'm wondering if I should use Monster Belt for the -enm or Warwolf for the +vit in idle.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast