Phoenix

Idling in -enmity does nothing.

Do mog tablets show up on Apradar?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dooom View Post
    Shit's situational obviously, but saying "cor can't DD" is stupid, and people saying it are stupid. You can't melee every event obviously, but there's always QD damage etc.
    No, he's not saying that cor should be allowed to melee or shouldn't be allowed to melee, he's saying that in merits, that COR is considered a DD (an actual DD as in the case he can keep up w/ 2handed hasso DDs). Him and I have had this convo plenty of times. Yes, you should contribute to damage, but that doesn't make him compete w/ a real DD. If he's coming close to DDs on a parse, he should replace them, as a cor will be an insignificant spec on the parse, when placed vs any true DD.

His role is rolls, any damage he can add is just a bonus.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ah, I get you now, I mis-understood (1am post after 8 hours of events ftl). In which case, I agree with you in that cor is not a DD in the way that drg, sam, etc. etc. etc. are DDs. Cor's main contribution to the merit pt is support, damage is extra icing on the cake.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

What is the method for determining whether MND or Skill is better on SCH Enfeebles (Slow and Para)? Do I just stack MND no matter what the corresponding skill may be?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seitzer's Saga
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Does anyone knows what is the DAT FOLDER for tarutaru Weskit?

Thank you in advance for replies.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    it's both +10% attack, and more enmity lose, afaik since the JP book Elmer had post translation from year or two ago listed both, but I've never seen formal testing for the +10% attack part[I have seen testing to show more enmity lost from it though]
    I've seen arguments both ways, but I've never seen any actual testing to verify that it gives a 10% attack boost. It was certainly nowhere near the noticeable attack boost that AF+1 feets gives jump during the time I had it in my macro, so I switched back to ares for high jump.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Can any Aerns outside of the room with the ??? inside it be used to gain animosity to pop Ix'aern DRK? For example, the ones in the hallways adjacent to the main rooms at the northern locations.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bakthi View Post
    I have not had this experience. If another person and I both parse with Kparser, we generally have only minor differences. Kparser is what everyone in my shell (who parses) uses, so I can't say how different parsers would read the same event.
    We both use Kparser. When I say very different, I mean the total damage done is not the same on either parses when we arent in the same pt, and some of the DDS dont even show up on the list ( yes, all filters are off).

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    We both use Kparser. When I say very different, I mean the total damage done is not the same on either parses when we arent in the same pt, and some of the DDS dont even show up on the list ( yes, all filters are off).
    How long ago was this? 'cause DDs not showing on the list at all with filters off seems too unbelievable to be true. I've only had a few issues with KParse, and most of them seem to come from me trying to isolate specific mobs. The general overall summary seems to be fairly accurate a majority of the time.

so i herd u liek trollin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Can any Aerns outside of the room with the ??? inside it be used to gain animosity to pop Ix'aern DRK? For example, the ones in the hallways adjacent to the main rooms at the northern locations.
    My group tried this, and unfortunately not.

so i herd u liek trollin
    BG Level

Speaking of Aerns, is a duo the lowest possible way of beating Ix'MNK, or can it be soloed? Never tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
    Speaking of Aerns, is a duo the lowest possible way of beating Ix'MNK, or can it be soloed? Never tried.
    can be soloed, if you pop with adds use powder boots and cs gravity them then run to panel room and die/reraise/tag it before adds are close enough to link

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

can be solo'ed pretty easily by blm, rdm, or sch just sac it to the room, RR, grab before grhah's repop and get to work.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    I've never heard of this although certainly if you are in an area where people are far apart (beyond 25-40' I think), the parsers will have different results. The parser can't parse what isn't in the log.

A second point to consider is that if the parses are running with everything on (in loaded areas like dynamis), or if PCs are not highly capable, there is certainly a chance that one or both parsers will have missing data. The parser will miss data if it can't keep up with the speed of the scrolling log. As you likely know, the parser does FIFO data collection, but it truncates past a certain number of lines (100, I think.)

Not having ANY filters on is actually a bad idea at times because that will help the log scroll super fast.

I'm 100% certain that if a person was parsing in a merit party and someone just was not showing up in the parse, then this would have been common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodou View Post
    I've never heard of this although certainly if you are in an area where people are far apart (beyond 25-40' I think), the parsers will have different results.

A second point to consider is that if the parses are running with everything on (in loaded areas like dynamis), or if PCs are not highly capable, there is certainly a chance that one or both parsers will have missing data.
    I don't think it's due to different filters, an we use the same parser, and in einherjar we only have one assist, so we should always register the same damage. As soon as the log is spammed, it's clearly missing some numbers, like I remember that the parser didn't register any counter once.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfoxster View Post
    Thorny, can you tell me the blind spot where you hold scylla without getting any aggros from the adds? Is it at the snow wall? Thanks.
    There's no 'no adds' spot, but at the snow wall I've gone an entire one hour fight without aggros before, and typically only get 1-2.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    As soon as the log is spammed, it's clearly missing some numbers, like I remember that the parser didn't register any counter once.
    Parse thread reports this was fixed on a 1/15 post.

In ein, I'd try turning on all the filters that are not DD related, and try again. I think that place has just to much going on with AOE buffs, mob AOEs, chat, etc.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    How long ago was this? 'cause DDs not showing on the list at all with filters off seems too unbelievable to be true. I've only had a few issues with KParse, and most of them seem to come from me trying to isolate specific mobs. The general overall summary seems to be fairly accurate a majority of the time.
    Gonna second this. I used to have issues with both KParser and DirectParse, but KParser has been spot on lately. I compare parses /w other people, and it's very close. I've used it on a wide variety of events such as Einherjar, mini-zergs on Formor, Baha, Ouryu, Salvage, Merit parties.

I strongly recommend anyone who was turned off by parser problems to give the new KParser another try. It works great~

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
    cor can solo it too.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast