BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Meepein View Post
    Eastern Shadow will aggro you if you afk and it pops.
    The others agro too, one time I ran by getting lights for ACP and someone popped one of the useless shadows like south or something and as I ran by it agroed (because I didn't even notice it was a nm lol).

Nuking BLU does very well on Tinnin.

With this build I was getting very consistant results (700ish) with a COR in party and boosted BLM roll, shouldn't have resist problems at all since you're going to have high INT and MND stats from gear and spell bonuses. Back then I didn't have a Novio Earring so I was using an INT+2 one in its place.

You can expect 650~ Regurgitations with that build under those conditions, more with Burst Affinity/Convergence/Memento Mori.

Firespit can break 1k, Mind Blast should be doing 600ish (also gets Affinity bonus) but if you spam those too you WILL pull hate. If you want to go safe just stick to Regurgitation.

I was using Goblin Mushpot as food, it's very cheap and gives +10 MND.

It might seem obvious but you should /RDM. Fast cast 2, extra MND and an easily capped Stoneskin will outweight /BLM benefits.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi_XI View Post
    Questions
    Cors in DD pts, preferably 2handed melee pts.

As for holding pts I don't think there's ever a need for more than a pld and a whm if you're sleepers are competent. From personal experience I pull on pld/rdm and can hold my own perfectly fine unless it's T3 hounds in which case I do ask for some cures while holding.

As to the "Need 30 for odin"; if you are an average/above-average shell you should have no problem taking odin down w/ 20. My shell is nothing special and we did it with 17 and the next time w/ 26; the last attempt having over 10min to spare. The only problem w/ sub 20 is if one person drops the ball (such as not tagging adds on pop) the whole thing can go to shit.

For crowd control you could easily just run the pt blm blm blm brd sch and keep everything held indefinitely which would free you guys up for the second ally being built similar to the first, if jobs permit.

Just out of curiosity why were the blus your holding party, super tanking? They would be much more effective stun locking mobs If this is the case then disregard x.x

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How do most people gear for Jump/High Jump on Sam/drg?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    I was using Goblin Mushpot as food, it's very cheap and gives +10 MND.

It might seem obvious but you should /RDM. Fast cast 2, extra MND and an easily capped Stoneskin will outweight /BLM benefits.

Heh, anticipated followup questions =P

Thanks for the info, hopefully our attendance will allow me to try this out.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    "Error code: POL-5312
    The Square Enix ID, Square Enix password, or one-time password entered is incorrect."

Okay, wtf do I do to get this to stop happening?
    Any chance you have Cap Lock on?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnoftle View Post
    Just out of curiosity why were there blus in your alliance?
    ftfy

So yesterday I did my first run of the new formor nms, zerged hume, and the elvaan and galka are probably low mannable. Just wondering if anyone had a strat for the mithra besides zerging?

=^.^=
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Do Threnodies have any effect on skillchain damage? Is it worth doing Light Threnody for Light skillchains, etc?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thalandor46 View Post
    Do Threnodies have any effect on skillchain damage? Is it worth doing Light Threnody for Light skillchains, etc?
    They probably do (affect resist rate, though they won't directly increase damage), but Light skillchains don't necessarily do Light damage. If I remember right, in the case of multi-element skillchains the skillchain (randomly?) picks an element from the ones it can be composed of and does that element damage.

If that was how it worked (and I'm fairly sure it is), you would predict unresisted Distortion would have a 10% damage boost half as often as Blizzard 4 on Iceday.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras View Post
    How do most people gear for Jump/High Jump on Sam/drg?
    First off you want to make sure that you keep enough stp to not mess with your x-hit build, because nothing sucks more than being stuck at 99 tp.

My Jump looks like

Weapon/Rose/ /Tiphia
    Genbu's/P.Charm/Bushi/Brutal
    Haub+1/Ochi's/Raja's/Ecphoria
    Foragers/Warwolf/Shura/Askar

High Jump is pretty much the same, just swap out shura head for genbuto. Obviously there's room for improvement i.e Gnadbhods helm, Black Tathlum, Sea Torque, Bandomusha's, Usu legs/feet. Your gear will be slightly different if using a polearm. Of course someone else is probably going to come in and say that I'm doing it completely wrong, but I've had good results with this set.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    John Blaze
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do the Caver's Shovel and Spelunker's Helm have any benefits to mining? My friends believe they do cause some JP told one of them it was a secret. I don't believe it though.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    Any chance you have Cap Lock on?
    No caps on. Just recently registered online with SE to participate in Nomad Mog Bonanza if thats a clue. No Mog Satchel either.

Melee Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nermie Boy
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You have to change something in the settings for the login for that account through POL. You have to specify your SE account ID there and turn off one-time passwords.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    First off you want to make sure that you keep enough stp to not mess with your x-hit build, because nothing sucks more than being stuck at 99 tp.

My Jump looks like

Weapon/Rose/ /Tiphia
    Genbu's/P.Charm/Bushi/Brutal
    Haub+1/Ochi's/Raja's/Ecphoria
    Foragers/Warwolf/Shura/Askar

High Jump is pretty much the same, just swap out shura head for genbuto. Obviously there's room for improvement i.e Gnadbhods helm, Black Tathlum, Sea Torque, Bandomusha's, Usu legs/feet. Your gear will be slightly different if using a polearm. Of course someone else is probably going to come in and say that I'm doing it completely wrong, but I've had good results with this set.
    The only thing that stands out is Genbu's... the VIT mod is only on Jumps, not high jumps. Even then, it's VIT/256 as a straight damage increase. So, if the +VIT is more than a straight fSTR, or pDIF increase, then go with that... blah blah blah, situational, blah blah blah. But high-jump is just a standard melee attack, no VIT mod, so use your WS gear.

WS gear? SAM WS gear shouldn't have any intentional accuracy in it, which isn't optimal for Jump

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Consistently on my BLM and RDM, spells that switch both of my rings result in the right ring not switching unless i hit the macro a second time. Everything else changes except the second right, and it only seems to happen when I'm changing into both Omniscient or both Communion, why? It's so annoying -.-

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Set one ring near the beginning of your macro swap and the other near the end, it's just FFXI not processing your macro quickly enough.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

In response to the blu comment:

I've never actually had the luxury of having enough people to call someone blu but I heard that they were good for stun locking shitty mobs like dahaks, is this just a total bs statement then?

nvm

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast