Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: hunter x hunter     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Kurapika set up a removable nen restriction that makes his chains more powerful if used on the Troupe. He can just remove the restriction and be able to use it on anyone. It'll just be a lot weaker. Emperor Time isn't going anywhere.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

god this anime/manga is a masterpiece. so excited for next episode

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A LOT more wall'o'text this chapter. But a few fun revelations as well.

Spoiler: show
    Gon can't summon his aura and looks like Grandpa Freecs (possibly) will make an appearance? Looks like the new arc will include Ging, Gon, Leorio, Kurapika plus many more. And I won't be surprised if Gon unlocking/rebuilding his aura results in him getting a power up, considering he looks like he needs one for the upcoming arc.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

i think

that gon is going to definitely need something. they alluded that the forbidden land is stronger than chimera ants... so they are kinda fucked since not even netero could kill the king.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    i think

that gon is going to definitely need something. they alluded that the forbidden land is stronger than chimera ants... so they are kinda fucked since not even netero could kill the king.
    They have a higher level threat than a human sized chimera ant was given. I don't think a threat level was ever given to the nen using ants or the king and his guards.

Issac Netero's opinion on the Dark Continent was that it required survival strength rather than fighting strength like he was seeking.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

starting to sound an awful lot like hxh:toriko edition all of a sudden

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think Meruem is going to remain the strongest character in the series. It's not even possible for a human to approach his level of strength. The stuff in the DC is going to be strong for other reasons.

Otherwise you end up with crazy power scaling that makes no sense. Togashi learned that lesson with YYH.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    A LOT more wall'o'text this chapter. But a few fun revelations as well.

Gon can't summon his aura and looks like Grandpa Freecs (possibly) will make an appearance? Looks like the new arc will include Ging, Gon, Leorio, Kurapika plus many more. And I won't be surprised if Gon unlocking/rebuilding his aura results in him getting a power up, considering he looks like he needs one for the upcoming arc.
    Maybe when killua's wish to make gon be normal again, gon's body went back to before he learn nen? aka. circa chapter 1?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

hunter x hunter 135

I knew it was coming but it I caught the feels anyway, /manlytears

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    I think Meruem is going to remain the strongest character in the series. It's not even possible for a human to approach his level of strength. The stuff in the DC is going to be strong for other reasons.

Otherwise you end up with crazy power scaling that makes no sense. Togashi learned that lesson with YYH.
    Apparently Gons adult form was just as strong though remember the ant he was fighting kept saying she had to kill him or else he could kill the king. The she realized he was going to die for using that power and was relieved of the fact. Also strength in this series can be construed in different ways/abilities making someone like kuripka who isn't as strong as the spider guys be able to beat them because of something special (in his case death if he uses his chain on others).

On another note episode 135 is amazingly done, a must watch. Hit me in the feels. Makes me somewhat hate Netero for using the bomb.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hunter 135

Damn all those feels. At the beginning never thought I'd care for the chimera ants' side, but seeing how Mereum became more and more human with his interactions with Komugi, I've been able to enjoy it. Those feels hit me in the gut so hard. Manly tears indeed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by promethius View Post
    Apparently Gons adult form was just as strong though remember the ant he was fighting kept saying she had to kill him or else he could kill the king.
    We have no idea if she was right though. The Royal Guards can be pretty emotional when it comes to doing their job.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's also entirely possible that he was as strong as the King was prior to his absorption of Pouf and Youpi.

He didn't get to really live long enough to justify the power up, but he got a whole lot more powerful.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

There is going to be a one week break after this week's chapter.

spoiler 344:

Gon contacts Ging about his problem.

Beyond signs a contract with the Zodiacs.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    Hunter 135

Damn all those feels. At the beginning never thought I'd care for the chimera ants' side, but seeing how Mereum became more and more human with his interactions with Komugi, I've been able to enjoy it. Those feels hit me in the gut so hard. Manly tears indeed.
    The anime didn't explain the significance of the spy/marshel pieces on the move she did , which is sort of the big part of how it ended ;/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I didn't get the specific meaning of the two individual pieces, but the script delivered anyway. The more important thing to me was Meruem and Komugi's relationship and it definitely tugged the heartstrings.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    I didn't get the specific meaning of the two individual pieces, but the script delivered anyway. The more important thing to me was Meruem and Komugi's relationship and it definitely tugged the heartstrings.
    its where...

The move is considered a exchange (note the counter of a counter on that move using a spy vs marshel) of vows for marriage. Thats why she was so happy after it (more so then usual)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The editor for the manga said in Shonen Jump's questionnaires today that he was polling readers on what the top 3 most shocking moments in the series were to them, and that the next chapter would have something that will probably change that list.

Hype..

here's your source:

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    The editor for the manga said in Shonen Jump's questionnaires today that he was polling readers on what the top 3 most shocking moments in the series were to them, and that the next chapter would have something that will probably change that list.

Hype..

here's your source:

When was this and which chapter is this referring to?

if this is referring to 345
    revelation of Ging's father, Gon's grandfather, I won't say too much as to how it was revealed is the shocking part

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Wonder how much further the anime will be going, looks like their going past the ant arc and...

Going into killua's fight with his brother to get whats her name wish granting daughter of the killua family to heal gon, curious if they are going as far as the current manga. Randomly, I don't recall hisoka in the manga at this part in the manga where the anime is...?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast