+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Iono View Post
    While it is sarcasm I have to state that rockband or guitar hero are way different than what wiifit is to yoga. Wiifit yoga has some simple moves and are good for starters. Personally a video will get you a longer way along, but the wiifit isn't bad to start.

I do feel the drums in said games could actually be useful to playing real drums, but I'm not a musician so I could be way off.
    I got a friend who used to be a professional drummer and toured with a few well known rock bands (after their glory days). He tried playing the drums on Rock Band during Xmas and he couldn't get the hang of it. It was like he had to rewire everything he knows. He's trying to hit a certain drum to match the notes in the song when he should just ignore the song and just match the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerides View Post
    One thing about yoga on the Wii, and really most of the balance-oriented exercises, is the way the board ensures your weight is properly distributed - a mat on the floor and a video won't do that. And there's more fun that just yoga - the balance "games" like hula hoop, skiing, etc.

I don't think you'd learn Yoga and be able to adapt easily to a class at the gym from your Wii, but it would help solve your complete lack of flexibility, and give you a way to measure progress with the tracking it provides.

If your goal is "improve balance and flexibility and identify target areas" Wii will help.

If your goal is "learn to be yoga proficient" ... no.
    I am "improve balance and flexibility and identify target areas" all the way. I couldn't care less about the spiritual BS and knowing all the yoga positions. Thanks

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I think Wiifit is decent for what I believe it really is, to a lot of gamers: A momentum builder.

We tend to be anti social, Wiifit brings a gaming aspect into it, a "do it in private on your own time" thing. It might not help a HUGE amount, but it'll definetly help, and if you can get into a pattern of doing it daily and such, it helps build momentum, maybe to try out other physical activities, or not feel like such a doofus that you'll go to an actual Yoga class. That's what makes it a wonderful device.

Banned.

BG Level

Buy a yoga video Or Watch Free Video on Youtube

User was infracted for this post.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura