Closed Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28
    assburgers
    BG Level

...and my... bow?

Farewell Lief, keep fighting the wrong fight IRL, dude.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    Why are you guys still arguing with it? its so fucking obvious lief is such a hack he would sell out his own mother because she's collecting social security.

You'll have better more fulfilling conversations with furniture.
    I don't think you understand, people exactly like leif make up a huge portion of welfare/medicare/ss.

Personal responsibility is a huge deal... for everybody except me, of course.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Black Belt
    BG Level

does this mean we can have political discussions without GOP obstructionism ruining it now?

I mean the discussions will always be retarded in some ways, but at least they can flow a little bit now.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I went on a Catholic Engaged Encounter (a retreat in other words) this weekend, so lol at how this turned out.

Well played Qal, well played.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    just to be sure, it was obvious to everyone else that leif was just a rather committed troll, right? no one's going to blow my mind and tell me they knew him irl and he actually believes that shit + acts on it in his day-to-day life, right? and you all (even the ones mysteriously posting long, researched posts at him) knew that he wasn't actually arguing with you but rather fucking with you, right? b& was sort of obviously appropriate, unless i'm alone in my reading of the situation. it has nothing to do with so-called "liberal bias"; he was just obviously fucking with you.

You're being very naive. People like that exist. I mean of course they do.

And there are tons of forums online and IRL, where they are the majority.

I'm actually very surprised at how liberal BG is.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

If that wall is not a troll, it is still a wall and thus me yelling at it makes me look silly and demented.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by pahnphoenix View Post
    just to be sure, it was obvious to everyone else that leif was just a rather committed troll, right? no one's going to blow my mind and tell me they knew him irl and he actually believes that shit + acts on it in his day-to-day life, right? and you all (even the ones mysteriously posting long, researched posts at him) knew that he wasn't actually arguing with you but rather fucking with you, right? b& was sort of obviously appropriate, unless i'm alone in my reading of the situation. it has nothing to do with so-called "liberal bias"; he was just obviously fucking with you.
    The 40% of Americans that consider themselves conservatives probably hold the same views he does.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SwampdonkeyPLD View Post
    The 40% of Americans that consider themselves conservatives probably hold the same views he does.
    This the same 40% that were sure we found WMD's in Iraq?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

i'm aware that people hold views like leif's or even more extreme, and i'm also aware that a lot of people use really bad arguments with sincerity... but it was pretty obvious in most threads that i saw him in that he was quoting sources he knew his interlocutors would not respect, and saying things simply to get a rise out of people. it's possible he actually is conservative, but it's also very likely that he enjoys fucking with "liberals" more than he ever felt the need to get the word out about his beliefs.

or not, and i'm imagining things. i'd give specific examples, but i'm already putting forth more effort than the topic deserves.

2nd edit: note also that while there seems to be a mildly left-leaning bent on this site, it is not unheard of for people on this site to post leftist stuff (that they probably believe) expressly to start shit (sometimes they even admit that they're doing it and it still works).

assburgers
    BG Level

The guy invented a new portion of the political spectrum to the right of Nazi's, and stated he resides on it.

That's some HQ trolling if I ever saw it.

Ridill
    BG Level

i'm aware that people hold views like leif's or even more extreme, and i'm also aware that a lot of people use really bad arguments with sincerity... but it was pretty obvious in most threads that i saw him in that he was quoting sources he knew his interlocutors would not respect, and saying things simply to get a rise out of people. it's possible he actually is conservative, but it's also very likely that he enjoys fucking with "liberals" more than he ever felt the need to get the word out about his beliefs.

or not, and i'm imagining things. i'd give specific examples, but i'm already putting forth more effort than the topic deserves.
    He really is this ridiculous, oblivious, and downright dumb.

2nd edit: note also that while there seems to be a mildly left-leaning bent on this site, it is not unheard of for people on this site to post leftist stuff (that they probably believe) expressly to start shit (sometimes they even admit that they're doing it and it still works).
    And so is neo, hence this thread.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    This the same 40% that were sure we found WMD's in Iraq?
    Liberals have their kooks to. 30% think 9/11 was an inside job.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I could do this all day if I wanted to.. It's easy for anyone here to be a Lyndon LaRouche to Leif's Joe McCarthy and post some stupid tinfoil-hat theory or ultra-leftist nonsensical argument. But we don't, because there's much more factual information out there to work with that's more important and more relevant. And none of are as deliberately partisan as he is.

Closed Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28