Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    Director: Nolan
    Script writers: JJ Abrams, Coen brothers
    CGI Supervisor: James Cameron
    Explosion supervisor: Michael Bay
    I was with you until Michael Bay.

i'd have david hayter do the screenplay

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Can't wait to see the new Batman movie. Not a huge Superman fan since I'm your standard "He's too perfect" critic.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Superman bores me, he has one weakness and it is used in every movie, woo, how exciting.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, Superman is also weak to magic, but that'd make for a slightly more than ridiculous movie.

I think there are stories that would make Superman believable and entertaining, such as problems he can't/shouldn't fix. Sure, he can move planets and re-route rivers and eat lightning and crap thunder, but he can't improve the human condition--he can't cure cruelty, loss of self worth, things of that nature. What good is the power to travel the stars and reshape continents when all you want to do is stop someone wanting to kill themselves? What would it do to Superman if he were the cause of such a problem?

And what if he tried to actively interfere with the workings of human governments? What would be the ramifications? How would the world's population view him then?

Alex Ross' "Superman: Peace on Earth" could lay the foundation for one hell of a movie, I feel.

Ridill
    BG Level

After the 3rd Batman, just do Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. That way we get another batman movie and Superman can be in it too! I wouldn't mind them writing Robin out. She wasn't too essential in that story right? just saved batman's life once or twice.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Action Comics #775 (Superman vs. The Elite) would also make a badass basis for a Superman flick.

The concept of Superman's pure-hearted, old-fashioned values pitted against a new super team's (or individual) ruthless, anti-heroic, Punisher-esque ideals would pack action and gravity into the same flick.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    The concept of Superman's pure-hearted, old-fashioned values pitted against a new super team's (or individual) ruthless, anti-heroic, Punisher-esque ideals would pack action and gravity into the same flick.
    In a somewhat similar vein, Kingdom Come.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

<redacted>

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Would love to see David Hayter as writing the screen for MGS movie would be epic to be sure !

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Christopher Nolan reveals title of third Batman film and that ‘it wont be the Riddler’

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/...e-the-riddler/

Christopher Nolan’s third Batman film will be called “The Dark Knight Rises” and though the Gotham City auteur isn’t ready to reveal the villain of his 2012 film, he did eliminate one of the big contenders: “It won’t be the Riddler,” Nolan said in an exclusive interview with the Hero Complex.

Nolan was most eager to talk about the fact that Warner Bros. had agreed with his argument that the film should resist the current 3-D craze and instead use high-definition approaches and IMAX cameras to strike out on a different cinematic path than the stereoscopic technology that, for better or worse, has become the dominant conversation in the blockbuster sector.

Check back here later in the morning for a more in-depth look at that decision and the Nolan ambitions and reasons behind it.

As for the title, it shows the writer-director’s intention to keep his Bruce Wayne trilogy tightly stitched together. “We’ll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we’ll be introducing some new ones,” Nolan said cryptically. I had an odd thought: What if Nolan somehow brings back Harvey Dent? The only reason I even mention it is because, back during post-production on the second film, Nolan told me that the title “The Dark Knight” was just as much about Dent and his fall from the status of shining-knight civic crusader. Dent was plainly dead at the end of the last film, though, and Nolan has been intent on keeping his Gotham City film firmly rooted in a gritty gangland realism– this isn’t a franchise that has veered off into the supernatural or even much super-science.

Nolan plays things close to the vest — he’s one of the few filmmakers of his generation who actually does wear a vest — and he chuckled when I tried to get a few more details out of him. “Oh, you know me, I don’t talk.” He began our conversation by comparing it with a visit to the dentist’s office. Well, if so, he’s a patient who never opens wide. I asked if he could imagine a time when Warner Bros. would let a filmmaker shoot a Batman script where the villain isn’t one of the signature creations from the comic books. “Ah, Geoff Boucher, master of the leading question,” he said with a chuckle.

That’s when he did agree, however, to eliminate a villain candidate, namely Edward Nigma, the green-suited Riddler, who many people (myself included) assumed was the next natural choice. That character could be taken in a lot of directions — think of Kevin Spacey’s character in “Seven” as a compass point for one of those dark paths — but Nolan and his team are going a different way. As with “Dark Knight,” the new film has a script written by Nolan and his brother, Jonah, and it’s based on a story by the director and David Goyer. Earlier, I got Nolan to take Mr. Freeze off the list and, yes, this is like pulling teeth but don’t think for a minute that I mind. Nolan makes sublime films, and any secrets he wants to keep in place are done so to protect the final product. As for me, I’m hoping now for Hugo Strange who, come to think of it, looks a bit like a dentist…

– Geoff Boucher

Didn't like the last Batman anywhere near as much as the first. I don't think this one will be able any better.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Didn't like the last Batman anywhere near as much as the first. I don't think this one will be able any better.
    ...whattttttttttt?

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    ...whattttttttttt?
    2nd one went on way too long. When I thought it was over it went on for another 40 minutes. Heath Ledger didn't do anything for me as the Joker. I felt that the job he did was overblown by his death.

I'm gonna go with Catwoman, there: I said it. 2 years left...ugh :/

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I've always felt Catwoman would make for a good realistic "villain" in the next Batman. I put that in quotes because I could imagine her being a vigilante out to get Batman since he becomes the villain at the end of Dark Knight and Selina Kyle could make for a new love interest with Rachel dead. There'd need to be a real villain though, cause otherwise it'd be kinda weak... Also, the fact that criminals and the rest of Gotham thinks Batman will kill people should make it interesting.

Regardless, can't wait to see how this trilogy ends.

Wayne Knight as the penguin amirite?

Since the first villain was Scarecrow, one of not so big villains in the Batman universe...maybe they'll bring in the Mad Hatter? Even though I see that to be unlikely...you never know. We'll have to wait, I guess