• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Looking For a Recommendation: XBOX 360 Gaming Headset

So my Turtle Beach X1s recently kicked the bucket (partially because of my cramped area at the time forces the occasional stepping on the cord) and I'm looking for a new headset for my 360. I tried the Turtle Beach x4s, but anything on WiFi really fucks up my internet in the house since it broadcasts on the same frequency. It would kick off my PCs and i would have to reset the router. I ended up returning the x4s I got for Christmas and went back to my x1s until they broke.

My main question is if anyone has a good headset they could recommend thats reasonable in price (200~ being around the high mark of what i would spend). I saw the Astro Gaming Headset, but I couldn't tell if it would connect to my 360 audio without their $120 mixamp thing. I appreciate any help and I know there are some audiophiles here that would be able to help me.

Tamale Baby
    Groundskeeper of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i love these, cheap and comfortable but i also have a 5.1 sound system when i play on 360.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tritton+...0180&cp=1&lp=2

I've had these for a while now and i love them. Works on all my systems just hooked them up though the stereo out on my tv. And i don't even keep the gf up while watching tv or playing

allso if you want the more expensive pair http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tritton+...tton&cp=1&lp=3

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi Oct. With Astros the only way they're really worth it is with the mixamp, but you can still connect them to your TV headphone jack. If you get the mixamp you can either connect it through optical or stereo sound. If you're just going to plug them into your TV, you're better of just getting another pair of TBs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Hm, I just noticed the package deal is $240 for the Astro, the only thing I couldn't track down is how long the cord is from the headset to the mixamp. I don't want to knock the big mixamp off my shelf every time i'm playing. Although, if I'm worrying about the cord I might as well stick with some TB X1s. A friend of mine said the Triton's were heavy, have you any problems with their weight for long sessions killer?

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Only thing that kinda bothers me honestly is the volume control piece seams a little close but it does come with a clip so i usually just clip it to say a pillow if im laying down or the side of the couch so i don't notice it as much. Though what i do love about it most though is i can use those on the ps3 and 360 right there all i have to do is move the usb from one to the other the way i have it hooked up. And i it has plenty of cord. Though it wouldn't be hard to extend it if you had too.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

The cord from the headset to the mixamp is about 7 1/2 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavious View Post
    Hm, I just noticed the package deal is $240 for the Astro, the only thing I couldn't track down is how long the cord is from the headset to the mixamp. I don't want to knock the big mixamp off my shelf every time i'm playing. Although, if I'm worrying about the cord I might as well stick with some TB X1s. A friend of mine said the Triton's were heavy, have you any problems with their weight for long sessions killer?
    The cable from the Astro Mixamp to the headphones is 6 ft. long.

The Astro package as a whole is amazing, and the Mixamp is the main reason why. Being able to balance voice and game volumes and inject an iPod/Computer/etc into your headphones while playing is great.

Granted, there are better quality headphones out there, but the A40s are pretty good. The two biggest competitors are the Sennheiser PC350s and the Turtle Beach HPXs

I chose the A40s over the PC350s because since they are completely closed, people compared them to feeling like you're on a plane. I've also read that the HPXs aren't very comfortable due to sizing method. They adjust to the size of your head and apparently creates a pressured feel.

I've got 2 pairs of Triton 5.1 headsets 1 for my PC and 1 for my PS3(was to much trouble switching them back and forth so i just bought a second pair lol)

Love the sound but the mic on the 1 i got for my PS3 never really worked lol

TRITTON AX Pro Dolby Digital 5.1 True Surround Sound Headset With 8 Precision Speakers – XBOX/PS3/PC

Their 180 now but i got 1 set for 125 and the other for 140 when i got them so can prolly find them on sale when there back in stock.