+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Starcraft 2 Beta Key     submit to reddit submit to twitter

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

WTB: Starcraft 2 Beta Key

If you have a Battle.net account with a Starcraft II beta active on it, I will be more than willing to pay for it.

Please PM me and we can work something out.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by xerodok View Post
    If you have a Battle.net account with a Starcraft II beta active on it, I will be more than willing to pay for it.

Please PM me and we can work something out.
    Its going to be pretty hard to find someone willing to give up their account just to sell the beta access on it. Since the only accounts which were offered the actual beta had other games registered on them already (WoW accounts, Diablo, Starcraft, WC3, etc.)

Either way, goodluck. Just going to be a longshot.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    Its going to be pretty hard to find someone willing to give up their account just to sell the beta access on it. Since the only accounts which were offered the actual beta had other games registered on them already (WoW accounts, Diablo, Starcraft, WC3, etc.)

Either way, goodluck. Just going to be a longshot.
    Not necessarily 100% true. There is one way to get in even today that wouldn't require that at all. If someone registered their Blizzcon key, they only got an e-mail from Blizzard with their actual beta key to tie the beta to a battle.net account. If he could find someone that actually submitted their Blizzcon key and still hasn't used the e-mailed key, he could even get it on his own account.

That is however still very unlikely, I think. The best bet would be to find an unused Blizzcon key and input that yourself. You wouldn't get in until the next wave of invites at the earliest, but I'd wager those would be easier/cheaper to find (from the WoW people who went to Blizzcon and couldn't care less about SC2).

I haven't checked ebay recently, but thats still probably your best bet for either of these solutions, though it would probably cost you.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I don't understand why Blizzard would make you input the key when they could just update your account like they do when you buy a game on their website.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Well, when the Blizzcon keys were given out, they didn't even have the battle.net accounts thing set up. So their Blizzcon key input page only required an e-mail to which they'd send you a key. I'm sure in the future they would just associate the Blizzcon keys directly with an account and insta-add them when they are released (particularly because a lot of Blizzcon goers were calling and bitching when the beta came up and they hadn't received e-mails yet).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

isn't it illegal to sell beta keys anyways?

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    isn't it illegal to sell beta keys anyways?
    very against tos, but that doesnt stop people

many dont realize that starcraft was the source of an infection of addiction that lasted for years and years, some have never gotten over it

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just an FYI, you'd better be ready to pay $300+ for this. Also, ebay has plenty of keys for sale. (Make sure to get actual keys, not blizzcon keys!)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    very against tos, but that doesnt stop people
    Selling an entire account that has the beta active on it would definitely break the TOS and if Blizzard somehow found out, they would ban the account.

Selling an unused Blizzcon key is more iffy. I can buy an unopened Blizzard game and then resell it at a profit in my (hypothetical) store, completely legit and Blizzard is fine with that.

In any case, I agree that we are only talking TOS violations here. Selling an account or a key is definitely not illegal.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    Selling an entire account that has the beta active on it would definitely break the TOS and if Blizzard somehow found out, they would ban the account.

Selling an unused Blizzcon key is more iffy. I can buy an unopened Blizzard game and then resell it at a profit in my (hypothetical) store, completely legit and Blizzard is fine with that.

In any case, I agree that we are only talking TOS violations here. Selling an account or a key is definitely not illegal.
    unused blizzcon key is cool
    serial after its been issued to you is not cool
    once your in the beta your in the beta, you, not somebody else

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    unused blizzcon key is cool
    serial after its been issued to you is not cool
    once your in the beta your in the beta, you, not somebody else
    I think what he is getting at is that the law cant do anything to say send you to jail. Blizzard wont be suing you or anything just banning the account based on *TOS*

tos wont hold up in a court of law(most of the time)

tell me if I am wrong but that is how I think that guy is answering you its not illegal by law.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    I think what he is getting at is that the law cant do anything to say send you to jail. Blizzard wont be suing you or anything just banning the account based on *TOS*

tos wont hold up in a court of law(most of the time)

tell me if I am wrong but that is how I think that guy is answering you its not illegal by law.
    I always believe it could be protected under copyright laws, distributing materials not intended for others.

Its just a matter if its worth seeking legal matter in, which it never is because it would be hard to prove money damages.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbanelite View Post
    Would love it is Blizzard tracked down the people selling keys and canceled the key they sent them. Oh yeah I got this in my email, and I don't really want it, pay me $300 please.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Minions View Post
    Would love it is Blizzard tracked down the people selling keys and canceled the key they sent them. Oh yeah I got this in my email, and I don't really want it, pay me $300 please.
    I wouldn't put it past Blizzard, they sent those key's to specific ppl and it would be no surprise to me if they could figure out if other ppl login since they using other IDs for "X" keys

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They don't really have a way to track it. When you Opt-in to beta, it gets automatically applied to your account.

Keys get emailed when you use a blizzcon code or when you get one from a community site/blizzard employee/contest. The only link here to the user is the email address, and plenty of legitimate beta players have a different email associated with their bnet account, so banning based on that alone would catch a lot of normal users in the dragnet.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    They don't really have a way to track it. When you Opt-in to beta, it gets automatically applied to your account.

Keys get emailed when you use a blizzcon code or when you get one from a community site/blizzard employee/contest. The only link here to the user is the email address, and plenty of legitimate beta players have a different email associated with their bnet account, so banning based on that alone would catch a lot of normal users in the dragnet.
    They asked for peoples accounts, they could (probably) figure out where the IP the logins are coming from resolves to, and whether it is in the same state. Not that they would, just saying it is possible.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Got mine, looking for more betas for friends. Contact me.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sold mine for $226. Yee-haw, toast.