+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter Tri     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Well yeah, normal Khezu, then Red Khezu. Doesn't seem to be any Elders either, though maybe... as Event Quests? Not even sure how those are handled with the Wii. I know there have been quite a few in the JP Version. But yeah, color certainly accounts for some of it, but overall just seems like less of a variety. Just noticed (this has been such a must-buy, blind purchase) that there are only 7 Weapon types in MH3. No more of my wonderful Longbows.

That kinda sucks. I am guessing that they did that because that would be kind of stupid under water? Bowgun underwater? Sure. Bow and Arrow? Nah. Oh well.

So many Guild Ranks. o.O I see some Event Quests that require "HR51+" 51?! So I would think with so few monsters that HR is gained much more rapidly that in the previous titles? I mean... damn it took me nearly forever to solo to GR7 in MHFU.

Also gone are Dual Swords, Horns, and Gunlances. Also, Bowguns are considered Light, Medium or Heavy based solely on the weight of their parts (Stock, Frame, and Barrel). I know none of this is new info in the slightest, it just was to me.

E. Body
    BG Level

From what I remember/heard, new gameplay (underwater, monsters) are fucking awesome at the cost of quantity (well compared to MHFU anyways). Doesn't bother me too much though! Hearing nerd rage will be fun!

Demo is fun. Two quests (a ✩ and a ✩✩✩) with a 20 minute time limit. I tried Hammer first and got to fondly remember how slow that sucker is. Next was Long Sword which still seems like it is going to be the most popular choice.

Then was the Switch Axe which took some getting used to. After a few runs I was able to get the Morph combos going. Had to eventually go check out the Demo PDF on the official site because the disc came with control instructions for the Wiimote+Nunchuk control scheme only.

I have been reading alot of whining about the graphics. I will admit they look pretty muddy/blurry on my TV (32" Samsung HDTV) but I may just need to swap a few settings around. I didn't really try too hard. Others say the demo and their Japanese copies look great on their televisions.

I may end up moving the Wii back to my SDTV though if it would make a difference.

Anyway, hope to hear what some others think about the demo if they pick it up.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Diene Moran, Navaldeus, and Albatrion are elder dragons in MH3. Might be more, none too sure.
    I've already seen videos of Diene Moran and Albatrion, but reading up on Navaldeus, he sounds like some underwater version of Lao Shan Lung. Pimp as fuck.
    I must say, Bowguns are grossly misrepresented in this demo, especially HBG. You're fighting, tiny, fast monsters, and you have no Precision/long barrel. It's terrible.
    Still, when I opened the menu and saw an inventory page exclusively for bow ammo, I shed a single tear of joy. This has been a long time coming, and finally cements my lance/bowgun main plan.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    So many Guild Ranks. o.O I see some Event Quests that require "HR51+" 51?! So I would think with so few monsters that HR is gained much more rapidly that in the previous titles? I mean... damn it took me nearly forever to solo to GR7 in MHFU.
    This is how the console versions have always worked, even the original monster hunter had 20 ranks and in MH2 you had get close to HR200 before getting the final quests(and from there you could keep increase rank for no reason). Basically the psp version have new quests every rank, the console version every X ranks.

Anyways, play the demo for a little while, pretty interesting, though I didn't notice any changes with the Hammer(I thought they added something...) it was kinda fun swinging the Wii-mote around, smashing the monsters head in till he got knocked out! Kinda disappointed in the lack of weapons(I was hoping to take up the Bow and the Gun Lance this time around), but the Hammer and Tachi are still plenty of fun and maybe I'll pick up the axe once I get use to it.

Old Merits
    BG Level

For the demos and graphics: the demo does not support widescreen, but the actual game does. So the demo will look bad on some TVs.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    Wait thats it? Theyre not having the old monsters again? What a fucking rip.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Updating my wii now to play this demo. Are the only weapons to use during the demo the switchaxe or all of them?

edit: God the wiimote/nunchuck combo sucks. I need a classic controller for this

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

how is Wii for DLC? I'm really hoping there will be more to the game

honestly why did they pick Wii of all consoles, fkn jerks

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
    how is Wii for DLC? I'm really hoping there will be more to the game

honestly why did they pick Wii of all consoles, fkn jerks
    Non-existant. lol

Banned.

BG Level

My mom, who is in possession of my Wii, tells me that she reserved a game that came with a free demo she wants to play with the whole (extended) family. Apparently it is a family racing game, with cars and shit. I ask her the name of the game and she tells me it is Monster Hunter 3.

I need to take the Wii back.

Ahaha! Your mom rules. Where in the hell did she get 'racing game' from?

Banned.

BG Level

Smooth gamestop employee lol? I am just surprised she doesn't have a game informer subscription yet.

She probably does, and they just ship it whenever they feel like it... like mine!

Also, is it time yet? I want to kill some stuff with my Hammer.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Might aswell post this here, video will probably get pulled from YouTube at some point so not gonna make a new thread.

Looks like the Wii might be gathering some more dust.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I wish they would suck it up and make a PS3 monster hunter, and have tons of monsters unlike what there doing with the wii version.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Might aswell post this here, video will probably get pulled from YouTube at some point so not gonna make a new thread.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFo1nBw90c0
    Looks like the Wii might be gathering some more dust.
    Unless this new PSP MH has online multiplayer, I don't think many are willing to give up an official online functionality to play it.

I wish they would suck it up and make a PS3 monster hunter, and have tons of monsters unlike what there doing with the wii version.
    I don't think the Wii disc is really capable of stopping them putting in near the amount of variety of monsters MHFU had.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Towowo View Post
    I don't think the Wii disc is really capable of stopping them putting in near the amount of variety of monsters MHFU had.
    This sentence makes absolutely no sense to me, what are you trying to say.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I was saying that I don't think theres any disc limitations preventing more monster variety.
    I apologize for that last sentence as I was in a hurry when I wrote it.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

They just want to milk it as much as possible with expansions. 18 bosses is nothing to scoff at imo anyway though, if I buy Tri I'll just pirate any future expansions for the Wii so I don't really care if they try to milk more cash outta me, not gonna happen.