+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

So you are saying this isn't about conan o'brien?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

god i love the search function on these forums, freaking did a search for anything on conan and came up with nothing about the movie

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

just going to leave this right here for now..

http://geektyrant.com/storage/simon-...d-redsonja.jpg

Did you think that just becasue Robert Rodriguez and Rose McGowan were not moving forward with Red Sonja, that the project was dead in the water? Think again, becasue, producer Avi Lerner spoke to Empire and revealed that Red Sonja is alive and kicking and he has a director line up and an actress in mind for the role of the red-haired warrior.

Here is what he had to say:

“We will definitely shoot ‘Red Sonja’ in between Conan and Conan 2. We already chose the director: an English guy called Simon West,”
    Simon West does not inspire confidence for me on this project. He has not directed a good film in my opinion since he did Con Air. With the bad news comes some good news, in my opinion. Lerner is looking to cast Amber Heard in the lead. Here's what he had to say:

“We’re talking to a few girls for the role of Sonja, but we just finished a movie called Drive Angry 3D with Amber Heard, and I want to see her. She’s my favourite for the role.”
    Heard has definitely found herself a niche for roles in genre films and Sonja would be a good role for her. I am really looking forward to seeing her in Drive Angry, so this news makes me happy.

Lerner goes on to say:

“Amber is the new ‘Red Sonja’... but she doesn’t know it yet! When you write it she’ll get the shock of her life! She’ll call me and say ‘How dare you talk to Empire before you talk to me?!’"
    I did not forget the mention of Conan 2. I personally think that's jumping the gun when the first one has not been released and looks like crap to me.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/2/10...ber-heard.html
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=30133

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Bring back the golden age of 80's barbarian movies lol, to hell with all the superhero crap going on nowadays. First Conan was awesome fantasy/adventure movie in its time and still is. Also has one of the best soundtracks ever, go Basil Poledouris. Austria need to introduce a new dumb bodybuilder for silver screen.

"Conan! What is best in life?"
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Considering Poledouris set *THE* gold standard for musical scores with his work on Conan. datbrass.jpg

This remake was Thulsa Doom'd before it started.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Unless theres some Amber heard girl on girl scene I think I'll pass if they cast her.

Brigitte Nielsen was perfect for the role and Built. Amber Heard is like 5-6

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

amber heard is not in conan, this conan is NOT a remake of earlier conan movies, its a "new" story

and since im the only person here who has seen this movie, i can honestly tell you it is a good movie

quit looking at everything as either award winning material, or absolute crap, look at the movie as being entertaining, if you go in expecting a remake of the original story, with arnold twin as conan then stay at home and watch the old conan, if you want a new story, with a new conan, and want to be entertained with SOMETHING NEW, then go out and see this movie when it comes out, you will be suprised

ps, jason momoa does a great job as conan, kthxbai

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

People like you that encourage producers to shit out remakes for a quick buck.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Surealistic View Post
    amber heard is not in conan, this conan is NOT a remake of earlier conan movies, its a "new" story

and since im the only person here who has seen this movie, i can honestly tell you it is a good movie

quit looking at everything as either award winning material, or absolute crap, look at the movie as being entertaining, if you go in expecting a remake of the original story, with arnold twin as conan then stay at home and watch the old conan, if you want a new story, with a new conan, and want to be entertained with SOMETHING NEW, then go out and see this movie when it comes out, you will be suprised

ps, jason momoa does a great job as conan, kthxbai

Thanks for saving me money. I now want nothing to do with this movie.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Ugh, hope they don't go with that music style, and keep it more like the style that was in the Ahnold movies.

What a horrendous trailer...

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Terrible. The trailer did the exact opposite of what a trailer is suppose to do. Even if its just a teaser.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

wow. I'm not even a huge movie critic. I mean I literally like almost anything even when a lot of people complain.

As far as that trailer goes, just horrible.

wtf did pablo francisco voice the trailer?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ok, ill be the first to admit, that trailer was absolutely horrid, i really want to sit here and say, dont believe the trailer, it sucks, but hte movie is actually good, but good god that trailer makes it hard, i honestly have no idea who made the trailer or why someone said "yeah, that looks good"

but good god, i almost feel bad for working on this movie now

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I still want to see the movie but Idk if the general public would feel the same way. Whoever put that trailer together should be fired.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    wtf did pablo francisco voice the trailer?
    LOL I thought the same thing.

Trailer was bad, and the one second of acting I saw, was also bad.

I'd rather see Conan the Librarian.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Further story details;

After witnessing his wife burned at the stake, warlord Khalar Zym sets out on a quest to find the mythical Mask of Acheron, an ancient artifact that will bring his beloved back to life. In his search across the lands, Zym destroys a village in northern Cimmeria, where a boy born of battle survives and is cast out into the world, alone.

Years later, Zym crosses paths again with the boy who survived – Conan. He must now contend with this barbarian nuisance who is now set on vengeance for the slaughter of his village. Zym and his daughter, Marique, eventually clash with Conan in an epic final battle, the outcome of which will decide the fate of the world.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/4/18...h-the-tie.html
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/04/...bout-the-film/

The teaser was shit but this new trailer is not too bad. I guess the guy playing Conan is the guy from the Game of Thrones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast