1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 5 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 380 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Edit: ^ Very reasonable. That's the lazy way they could take it, and that's a perfect way to alienate (but not turn away, as we'd never leave our precious SE) their multinational players, of which they have many. I'm hoping that they'll be continuing the trend of many good Japanese companies (Capcom immediately comes to mind) that are involving the multinational community to engage in the process of their game, instead of just another "for us, by us" direction again.
    I honestly do not think this will be the case for the complete run of the beta. I do however believe unless they have invested a lot in "on site" English, German, French speaking dev team members or at least community team members they will not choose to include non JP speaking people in the initial beta beyond those press people that were in attendance last night. At least in the initial grouping. Let them get their feet wet, and then bring in the Westerners, who are insanely critical of EVERYTHING and will require a decent amount of translation man hours for the dev team to work. ie get the easy bugs fixed early, then work on the more elaborate stuff later.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Why would they post something about the beta on the US Vanafest site if they weren't going to give invites to NA players?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Why would they post something about the beta on the US Vanafest site if they weren't going to give invites to NA players?
    Exactly what i was thinking, they are definetly passing out to the world as a whole i am sure...i just doubt as auspice said that they would ever update that on the english site w/o no access to beta.

I am wondering if they will send out the Emails starting March 1st (tomorrow Oo!!!) or will they wait till Mar 11th to send out verification.

Till then i'll be camping my emailwaiting for it to pop!!!!!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Agreed. The old Squaresoft would have simply not announced anything for the rest of the world. Remember FF3? FF5? Yeah, excluding them because they felt that the Western audience was too stupid to play such a "complex" game, so we got Mystic Quest instead.

They've changed a lot of that - the changes and upgrades to FFXIII are another example of that, and while they have a long way to go to reach the level of awesomeness of others like Capcom, who freely invite the best players to pepper them with ideas, regardless of nationality.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Why announce that something was happening even if it doesn't directly effect us? Why does anyone do anything? But seriously, its valid info even if we aren't going to be directly involved at this stage.

I hope you are all correct, I just would guess its gonna be 98% JP for this first wave, with a second wave coming late march early april that will be more worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyedea-Seraph View Post
    Exactly what i was thinking, they are definetly passing out to the world as a whole i am sure...i just doubt as auspice said that they would ever update that on the english site w/o no access to beta.

I am wondering if they will send out the Emails starting March 1st (tomorrow Oo!!!) or will they wait till Mar 11th to send out verification.

Till then i'll be camping my emailwaiting for it to pop!!!!!
    Its March 1st in Japan today btw. So we should see emails going out in the next 7-8 hours if not already.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post

Either way, 99% of us are NOT going to get into the first set of invites that have gone out, and I would guess that damn near that number will continue through the second set.
    NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE. dont be such a debbie downer

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
    NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE. dont be such a debbie downer
    I'm a pessimist damnit, prove me wrong ! I hope you do, I'd kill to get out of this Aion hell and into something worth my time again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    I'm a pessimist damnit, prove me wrong ! I hope you do, I'd kill to get out of this Aion hell and into something worth my time again.
    they even said closed beta starts on thee 11th, how is that end of march?

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I just hope somebody on this board makes it and posts about it just so we know the emails have gone out and we can stop f5ing our inbox

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

nvm, already posted in Live Vanafest Coverage Stream thread

With the eagerly anticipated FINAL FANTASY XIV drawing ever nearer its beta test phase, we are excited to announce that we will be conducting a closed alpha test—exclusive to our loyal FINAL FANTASY XI users!
    Those who have been selected as beta testers can expect to receive further information starting from Monday, March 1.
    * The tester website is scheduled to go live on Thursday, March 11.

Those who were not selected in this drawing, fear not, for there will be other opportunities to come. Be sure to stay tuned!
    cant post URLs, delete spaces
    ht tp://w ww.playonline.c om/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/ind ex.ht ml

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    I just hope somebody on this board makes it and posts about it just so we know the emails have gone out and we can stop f5ing our inbox
    Well.. it'll possibly be 10ish days of e-mails going out so... ;/

I usually endup getting a beta invitation to something i applied for.. on like... the very last day ... always made me rage irl!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Well, its starting soon so..

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

oh shi-

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Yep.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

bah nothing in my inbox. Are you two current ff11 players?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Murder machine with a motor in her nose
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Tester Selection Announcement

Just got my email saying that i'm actually in the alpha test.

Weee. Of course, the NDA says not to post anything related to the alpha test so I'll refrain from cut/pasting the email...

Anyone else get in?

edit: Came to my regular email that I signed up for the beta on.

In retrospect, I should have posted this in the FFXIV forum, but I am an idiot.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dammit i see nothing ; ;

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

something something

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

you got it inbox or in spam? (nothing for me )

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 380 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast