1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 5 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 4 hours, 9 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 380 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

FFXIV Closed Alpha/Beta Discussion (Cancelled for this week)

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/28/fi...live-march-11/

If you're anything like us (or our partners over at Massively), you were hurriedly clicking refresh on the official VanaFest 2010 website for news about the now eight-year-old Final Fantasy XI MMO last night. If you were, then you might've caught the momentary mention that the first wave of (closed) beta testing for the next Final Fantasy MMO (that's number 14, for those of you playing along at home) will be going live on March 11.

Square also assuaged fears of missing out on the closed beta by saying that "Those who were not selected in this drawing, fear not, for there will be other opportunities to come," adding that interested parties should "Be sure to stay tuned!" We figure if we're not invited, you know, all the more time to play that other Final Fantasy release, right?

Edit: As of early in the am this morning March 1st, SE has been sending out emails to select individuals, inviting them to take part in the alpha stage of the beta test process.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just quit FFXI today it feels good to be done with it after seven years. The version update made the decision very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by wipers View Post
    Just quit FFXI today it feels good to be done with it after seven years. The version update made the decision very easy.
    lol

Banned.

BG Level

Who gives a shit? Can't this fit in a FFXI thread?

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

He was so excited he had to post it in two places.

This version update finally gave me a reason to quit the game.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Good to hear a set date. Could be a potentially epic spring break.

the apple of knowledge
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Why another thread this info has been posted at least 3 times

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Lovian View Post
    Another thread? There isnt a thread for the beta announcement on the front page or even in the section. The search function is such a bitch to use.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiz Nickel
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I'm still waiting to find out what qualifies you for the "exclusive to our loyal FINAL FANTASY XI users" beta invites.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Anyone else notice how the beta opens only 2 days after ff13? Watch ff13 come with a beta code and only people with the ff13 beta codes are guaranteed in the first wave of beta invitations.

Would be a brilliant plan for SE, not only do they sell the game for people who want it but also sell it to people who want to play ff14 early. At the same time decimating used sales because then people wouldnt buy the game without a code.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

this would make my spring break awesome if i get chosen

Tell me I'm misunderstanding the attendee's alpha announcement. From what I've read, it looks like the only people invited to the Alpha test starting on March 11th are people who are at the Vanafest in Tokyo today?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Lovian View Post
    Because it is made by Kyo, :3
    and this is a specific thread about new beta news and Im sure Kyo will update the OP w/new info after the first wave, ect... so ppl know how to get other keys or when new waves of invites are going out

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Mathematics View Post
    this would make my spring break awesome if i get chosen
    /nod /nod

I'm quite surprised it'll be so soon...I mean... SE and all... I was shooting for a summer beta. Pleasantly surprised

the apple of knowledge
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Hoping this will be my month, RL immigration, CCNP exams and FFXIII and FFXIV beta. Fingers crossed

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i thought your name said "whiners" for a minute, my bad

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

The update whining never fails.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    The update whining never fails.
    Neeeever fails.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Viserdes View Post
    Anyone else notice how the beta opens only 2 days after ff13? Watch ff13 come with a beta code and only people with the ff13 beta codes are guaranteed in the first wave of beta invitations.

Would be a brilliant plan for SE, not only do they sell the game for people who want it but also sell it to people who want to play ff14 early. At the same time decimating used sales because then people wouldnt buy the game without a code.
    Lol ... and you know ...

http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/ffxiii/

We first thought this was the case, and then it was debunked as some in-game Chocobo related item when the game went live. Well now it seems like it is true. I don't read JP so I would have to only rely on the Google translation which pretty much says its for signing up for the PS3 beta. But then again it says Windows in there a few times too, so I dont know. Can anyone really translate it for us?

Either way, 99% of us are NOT going to get into the first set of invites that have gone out, and I would guess that damn near that number will continue through the second set. As much as we all believe we deserve to be in on the beta, the simple fact of the matter is, including non Japanese speaking players in the early process will only serve to add a layer of complexity to the process they probably do not want at the earliest stages of player feedback.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Shiznicle View Post
    I'm still waiting to find out what qualifies you for the "exclusive to our loyal FINAL FANTASY XI users" beta invites.
    How much money have you given them over the years?

Seriously though, I'd probably say it something along the lines of how long you played, how many hours you played, and, most importantly, how many hours you said you could reasonably invest per night in the new game.

They want us to find bugs in the Beta, not simply to tool around with the new pretty lights, colors and sounds. I said that I could reasonably put in about 4-5 hours a night, which isn't a stretch, given that it would be the only game I'd be playing until the beta was up.

I want to find as much shit wrong with the game as I can, in hopes of having a kickass launch. I want this game to be successful, dammit.

Edit: ^ Very reasonable. That's the lazy way they could take it, and that's a perfect way to alienate (but not turn away, as we'd never leave our precious SE) their multinational players, of which they have many. I'm hoping that they'll be continuing the trend of many good Japanese companies (Capcom immediately comes to mind) that are involving the multinational community to engage in the process of their game, instead of just another "for us, by us" direction again.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 380 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast