+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII     submit to reddit submit to twitter

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

despite this being on multiple systems (lol), my local GS has less reserves for it than for GoW3

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Also approve.

Preordered mine yesterday and selected Release Day Arrival thinger, so I should have mine a day after release.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

doesn't release day arrival mean it, you know, arrives on release day?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    doesn't release day arrival mean it, you know, arrives on release day?
    Hrm. LEMME GO CHECK. Oh, game comes out on the 9th? If so, yeah, that's my 'estimated delivery date'

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I'm going to buy this and it's going to take me a year to complete it. THe week it's released, I have school monday-thursday night. On friday, I leave for a week to Florida. I come back from florida, then back to school 4 nights a week. I won't even open the damn case for 2 weeks.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

And I'm more excited for FFIX release on PSN than I am for any game this year. SOme bastard stole it before I beat disk one.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

That still doesn't alleviate much confusion, is it actually being "Sold" on the 9th? Wkc and all the othe games I've bought this month didn't come in until day and a half after it's "official release date". I pre-ordered from Gamestop yesterday, not expecting a midnight release just hoping it'll be here by the 9th.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I'm going to buy this and it's going to take me a year to complete it. THe week it's released, I have school monday-thursday night. On friday, I leave for a week to Florida. I come back from florida, then back to school 4 nights a week. I won't even open the damn case for 2 weeks.
    It takes you a year to beat a 25 hour game? You sound like my friend. He has a pile of games like 20 high, and has not touched any of them. It'll take him like 4 months to beat FFXIII, and this is with him looking forward to it.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I preordered this, and have next week off, but to hear a Final Fantasy game is only 25 hours is severely disappointing
    I have not read the other XIII thread or any spoiler possible FFXIII articles in quite sometime to avoid mass temptation but I believe you misread that. From what I have been told is it takes about 25-30hrs (approximately 1/2 way through the game) to reach the point in the game that allows you to explore more freely and break from the previous more linear path.

I could be wrong on this but that is what I was told, if anyone who has played knows different feel free to correct it without dropping spoilers in this thread please.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

It takes you a year to beat a 25 hour game? You sound like my friend. He has a pile of games like 20 high, and has not touched any of them. It'll take him like 4 months to beat FFXIII, and this is with him looking forward to it.
    I work fulltime during the day, when I get home from work, I go to school til 9pm. I have 2 kids. I run 50+ miles per week. Time is something I don't have. So yeah, if I beat this in 6 months I'll be ecstatic.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I work fulltime during the day, when I get home from work, I go to school til 9pm. I have 2 kids. I run 50+ miles per week. Time is something I don't have. So yeah, if I beat this in 6 months I'll be ecstatic.
    six months from now:
    Holy shit. Aeris!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I work and go to school >.> dont get home till almost midnight every day. I still find time to play games. Then again I only sleep around 3-4hrs a night.

up by 6, school till 2. at this point i have around 2hrs to myself till I have to head to work ~_~; then I work till around 11PM. Then again I dont have any kids. So there would go my free 5hrs a day that I am not sleeping or doing something else LOL.

I would most likely kill myself if not for my 2 days off a week. get to play all the games I want. I have 3 weeks coming to me, and I just got off a week break LOL. This time of the year rocks for me, I have time to do shit.

5 weeks vacation <3

blax n gunz
    BG Level

(how much side stuff is in the game anyway?)
    64 'go kill that monster over there' missions of varying difficulty
    chocobo digging (sorta)
    farming items to upgrade to best weapons/accessories in the game
    I guess there's a 'rebuild a toy robot' miniquest late in the game.

That's about it, most of that isn't unlocked until chapter 11, and some of it can't realistically be done until after you kill the final boss. I guess you could also call grinding out all 6 jobs on every group member 'side stuff.' You'd need a shitload of free time (60+ hours) to get the platinum trophy, divided into about 30 hours of main plot-> final boss, 10 hours traveling from mission to mission and 20 more hours on pure grinding/item farming.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    64 'go kill that monster over there' missions of varying difficulty
    chocobo digging (sorta)
    farming items to upgrade to best weapons/accessories in the game
    I guess there's a 'rebuild a toy robot' miniquest late in the game.

That's about it, most of that isn't unlocked until chapter 11, and some of it can't realistically be done until after you kill the final boss. I guess you could also call grinding out all 6 jobs on every group member 'side stuff.' You'd need a shitload of free time (60+ hours) to get the platinum trophy, divided into about 30 hours of main plot-> final boss, 10 hours traveling from mission to mission and 20 more hours on pure grinding/item farming.
    Guess it's good I'm on vacation next week! Thanks for the hot infos!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'll tell you why this thread exists its because I posted in other thread something like yeah just one week away, then the OP decided to steal my thunder and make this thread.

tl;dr: Attention whore.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Vincento View Post
    That still doesn't alleviate much confusion, is it actually being "Sold" on the 9th? Wkc and all the othe games I've bought this month didn't come in until day and a half after it's "official release date". I pre-ordered from Gamestop yesterday, not expecting a midnight release just hoping it'll be here by the 9th.
    I see this question asked more than it really should be.

When a game is street dated, it comes out on that day, usually in North America it is on a tuesday. If a game is not street dated, it ships on tuesday and will be in stores on wed. The only exception to this often is nintendo titles, they generally come out on sunday for some reason.

If you ever are in question if a game is street dated or not, visit the gamestop website, their pretty accurate with the dates when the game has a solid release date or if its close to the titles release.

To go even further into detail, companies that street dateed the games almost always send the games to retailers a week early. I was at gamestop today, they got their copies and their bundles in.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Vendog View Post
    I'll tell you why this thread exists its because I posted in other thread something like yeah just one week away, then the OP decided to steal my thunder and make this thread.

tl;dr: Attention whore.
    Dont sweat it, lol, he doesnt even own a console to play the game on.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

lol im not sweating it just saying.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Ok, I loled heartily at that.