+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Traps are for selling? I've not looked at the upgrade charts yet, so I'm unsure how much of the 'hold all weaps/accessory' trophy is something I can just brute-force with gil.

I get the feeling I'll be really sick and tired of the Death animation sound when I get everything organized.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Pretty much the 2nd half of my total XIII playtime was spent watching the Death animation and listening to Vanille's comment over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... and I am far from Platinum'ing it.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

No.. Traps are like 10k but plat ingots aren't so bad I was killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

As for the all accesories one I recommend creating another save and upgrading and then selling stuff. It stupid because most of those accessories are useless for normal purposes

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Keep in mind, I am pretty sure there is an accessory or two that is in a missable chest. I think it's at least one of the elemental resist rings found pretty early in the game.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

To what u remember all the element and status accessories (assuming u missed chests but didn't sell stuff) can gotten from marks, upgrading and dismantling

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

edit: Eh, I was kinda' mistaken. Yeah, what Spira said. As long as you've never sold anything from missions and random rewards, you should be able to get what you need from missions and/or shops. There are missable treasures with the base-models of the elemental rings, but you can get the upgraded versions from some missions and dismantle down to the base-model again.

Ember/Blaze/Salamandrine Rings & Fire Charm
    Frost/Icicle/Boreal Rings & Ice Charm
    Spark/Fulmen/Raijin Rings & Lightning Charm
    Aqua/Riptide/Nereid Rings & Water Charm
    Zephyr/Gale/Sylphid Rings & Wind Charm
    Clay/Siltstone/Gaian Rings & Earth Charm

As long as you have one ring or charm of each element, regardless of what stage it's currently in, you're OK. If you're missing one of the lower-tier versions, you can just upgrade it into the Charm, then dismantle it back down into the base model and upgrade it back up through the versions.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I never sold anything, and outside of a couple floating balls in Ch13 that were guarded by groups of mobs I had zero intent of bashing my head through, I've collected near everything I've spotted, and not sold a single thing.

Where exactly is the popular turtle camp at anyways? Can't find anything on Google, and the one I found closest to a save point (the one chained down on Pulse in a large walled tunnel) has no mobs nearby to kill after to restock some TP so I can use the summon trick again.

I also have horrible luck with death landing. ;/

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

For that one i remember running south and doing a round of goblins to recover TP.
    having the kill: TP charge accessory helps.

My strat for long gui with eidolon was along the lines of tortoise for ultima > faith/haste > summon and stick poison and anything else if possible, immediately gestalt when u can, do the 1 skill at the end of the time bar till dismissed, then if I'm not wrong having a couple of SAB work on the turtle - they have quick stagger weapons on I think. Poison may wear off soon so I start death spamming at that point and together with the chain bonus it does heaps of damage even if it doesn't kill the thing. Repeat till it dies, even if it gets up, especially if you managed to stagger it already.
    I also paradigm shift to 3x SAB before death lands

Witty Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think I used Death on Mark 55 and two or three turtles and that was it.

As for turtles, there's a loop with a few of the lower ones that you can circle around in. Once I got all of the Dark Matters I needed from the big ones I just stuck to the solo spawn in Eden. Once you take the gate back and go through a few rooms, you get to a huge open area with a turtle walking through it. Clear the floor kill the turtle, run to the edge of the room and back to respawn it. Obviously you'll have to be at the point where you can take them down without summoning.

Like someone else said, if you haven't best farming spot is the Tesseracts. Post game, I just farmed the Behemoth fighting the big wolf thing for a while. Then I moved on to the missions.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm already post-game so I can't farm the tessers, those guys took me awhile to kill regardless since I didn't spend that much time grinding in the game. I got faster XP just farming the mission in the tower over-and-over, which netted me a gil drop each time.

Taking a break from dealing with the turtle BS for now and grinding mission 7 for tiaras to turn into sprint shoes, as well as upgrade mats, as I'll be needing a lot of those to max out weapons to tier 2 and 3 with.

I'm not sure how the heck people are breaking 99k damage to need a genji glove outside of 700x+ stagger though, my Fang isn't breakin 15k on normal attacks, even on earlier mobs. Unless the ultimate weapons do a hell of a lot more damage over my current t2 weapons for some reason.

Hopefully I won't need to grind too much as far as non-primary roles go to be able to beat mission 64 for the gold watch so I can grind out some 5*s.

[EDIT] Well that took a lot of googling to find a decent guide that compiled a lot of the decent farming means - http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/x...405.aspx#55405

Also a handy XP calculator for weapons - http://concubidated.com/ffxiii/

A lot of the guides I've seen all assume you were at or near capped lvl on all crystarium, which renders them useless to me.

I don't know why you people keep farming turtles if you don't like it.
    Assuming you only want the plat. trophy and don't care about a perfect save file, just do the other stuff first and when you're ready go farm Long Guis who have 27.5% drop rate on traps (assuming you 5-star them and equip the catalog) instead of 5%.
    You don't really need T3 weapons for anything in this game.
    For the treasure hunter trophy, just use the sell everything>get trophy>reload trick.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Once you get one Trapezodon, do this with it:
    Once you have one Trapezohedron, you can turn that one into three.

To do this, pick up a Mistilteinn, one of Vanille's weapons, buyable from
    Plautus's Workshop for 11,000 gil. Along with this, you will need the
    following materials:

159 Sturdy Bone \
    89 Superconductor \ Total gil:
    2 Particle Accelerator / 1,507,400 gil
    28 Ultracompact Reactor /

1 Scarletite
    1 Trapezohedron

Now, use the following items to upgrade the Mistilteinn in this exact
    order (for best cost effectiveness)

36 x Sturdy Bone
    50 x Superconductor

1 x Scarletite

36 x Sturdy Bone
    2 x Ultracompact Reactor
    15 x Sturdy Bone
    27 x Superconductor

1 x Trapezohedron

36 x Sturdy Bone
    26 x Ultracompact Reactor
    36 x Sturdy Bone
    2 x Particle Accelerator
    12 x Superconductor

The weapon should now be a maxed out Nirvana. Once you dismantle this, you
    will receive:

71 x Monstrous Fang
    60 x Entrancing Tail
    36 x Moonblossom Seed
    10 x Tear of Woe
    3 x Trapezohedron
    Ultimate weapons do deliver alot more punch than the T2's and you can farm turtles without the Death trick then (assuming you got 13k or more HP iirc). It's a little investment, but worth it in the long run imo (I had shit for luck getting Traps to drop, though I didn't do much Long Gui, but the normal ones). Defintely use one Trapezodon on Fang's weapon after this trick.

edit: nvm that link has this info too lol, sorry

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Whelp, am now 75hrs into this game, and it's getting stupid hard to tell wtf is the expected flow of post-endgame for this title since you never feel overpowered, and the hard shit is way, way above the difficulty level of everything else in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    I don't know why you people keep farming turtles if you don't like it.
    Assuming you only want the plat. trophy and don't care about a perfect save file, just do the other stuff first and when you're ready go farm Long Guis who have 27.5% drop rate on traps (assuming you 5-star them and equip the catalog) instead of 5%.
    Do you recall the formula for drop-rates by any chance? Not seeing any info on it other than 1% for Traps off normal turtles, and 5% for the Gui.

The 1% sounds about right at any rate for normal turtles. Currently farming the one on Eden for the last few hours for CP/Gil, boring as fuck, but I can kill it and regain TP in around 6-10min depending on luck with death and pre-empts on TP mobs. Is there supposed to be a general point from when you move onto Long Gui anyways? I've still not touched the stones for that mission (or #64 for the gold watch for that matter), still have no ultimate weapons, and I've only gotten 4 lvl5 roles done on my characters, with the rest at lvl3 currently. Also sitting on 3mil gil.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

After playing XIII-2, XIII's lack of being able to save/load Paradigm Decks is making me hesitant to go back for a plat...

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That'd make you hesitant? What bugs me more is the first paradigm shift of every battle taking forever. Will be nice to play XIII-2 whenever I finish this game completely.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That too, but I despised having to sit there, screwing around with my party/paradigms every time I got bored and switched between farming turtles, exp-grinding or attempting the more difficult missions. Also, wiping your entire Paradigm deck because you switched a party member (who had the same 6 roles unlocked) is reaaally annoying.

It's just going to be hard to take a step backwards and play XIII again... I would at least like to finally clear all of the missions. I think all I really had left was to upgrade a few accessories and Hope's weapon, clear 2 or so missions, and finish capping a few minor-role crystariums.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post

It's just going to be hard to take a step backwards and play XIII again... I would at least like to finally clear all of the missions. I think all I really had left was to upgrade a few accessories and Hope's weapon, clear 2 or so missions, and finish capping a few minor-role crystariums.
    Yeah, after XIII-2 I felt an urge to turn on XIII again and maybe try to finish my trophies but some of the stuff XIII-2 improved so nicely is so annoying to deal with now D;

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The treasure hunter trophy still gives me nightmares. Maybe I'll boot it up after XIII-2 plat...maybe.