Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Random Question Thread VIII: Wait, There's a Sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    This thread is for off-the-cuff questions that don't merit a full topic to answer. "What should I wear for my level 65 pup? What's the best way to learn the Qutrub Blu spell?"

Original thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16257
    Thread the Second.

DOUBLE RANDOM.

RANDOM III
    RANDOM V: SIX HIT SIX HIT SIX HIT

RANDOM VI: I'm No Mathologist, But...
    Random VII: I Find Your Lack of Research Disturbing

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

"Error code = 20008003
    PlayOnline Viewer cannot run under current operating system."

I just installed FFXI on my new laptop, which uses Windows 7, and got this message when I tried to run POL. For whatever it's worth, it's been installed on a folder called Program Files (x86), instead of the regular Program Files. HALP PLZ.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You need the vista client as shown here:

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85831
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86859
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44485

I noticed one of those links goes to an EU Vista POL Client, if you're not EU find it from the official site.

Quote Originally Posted by Seedz View Post
    "Error code = 20008003
    PlayOnline Viewer cannot run under current operating system."

I just installed FFXI on my new laptop, which uses Windows 7, and got this message when I tried to run POL. For whatever it's worth, it's been installed on a folder called Program Files (x86), instead of the regular Program Files. HALP PLZ.
    can't you run it in like a diffrent mode ? like XP or x64 or w/e

edit: Isa why are you so mean to me

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Since the last random q thread has been closed I'll repost here.
    I quit over a year and a half ago and came back to game yesterday. and I found myself sitting at level 68 DNC with no clue what gear i need to buy to level up.
    Can anyone tell me gear i should buy from AH or (other easily obtained way)to level to 75 . Also what gear is out there for DNC from endgame.
    Also I have a Joytoy and Max sword merits should I use it at 70 (main hand or offhand)?
    Thank you!

and please Dramafinder keep your retarded comments to yourself.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Thanks a lot <3 My search results only showed threads about windower for windows 7...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen View Post
    Since the last random q thread has been closed I'll repost here.
    I quit over a year and a half ago and came back to game yesterday. and I found myself sitting at level 68 DNC with no clue what gear i need to buy to level up.
    Can anyone tell me gear i should buy from AH or (other easily obtained way)to level to 75 . Also what gear is out there for DNC from endgame.
    Also I have a Joytoy and Max sword merits should I use it at 70 (main hand or offhand)?
    Thank you!

and please Dramafinder keep your retarded comments to yourself.
    Not sure what you're looking for... DNC uses the very same gear as any DD would? 2 acc rings, dagger/joy is fine, SH+1, PCC, Dusk...really the most common items.

There is no gear for DNC from endgame aside from AFs in Dynamis, which is well normal, since you're pretty much useless aside from 1-2 events.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I Can anyone tell me gear i should buy from AH or (other easily obtained way)to level to 75 . Also what gear is out there for DNC from endgame.
    Partly this may depend on if you have Campaign rank and/or what you'll have available to you in a few levels. Cobra harness gear is level 68, and is a good choice if you won't be replacing it soon. However, it does take having higher ranks + a fair amount of points to buy.

Otherwise you have the typical AH options like Dusk, ACC rings, PCC, and so on. An evasion setup is also good if you plan to solo.

Relic set is very solid. Like AF, 4/5 of it is macro gear that you'll want in any case. The legs are also desirable as TP gear, and body isn't bad as TP/WS gear either, depending on what else you have. Cape is nice as well all-around.

Enkidu's parts are good WS gear, or TP gear (body, legs) if you lack other options.

The mini-expansion rewards can also be put to good use on the job, if you aren't planning on using them for others.

In terms of weapons, you can go with Behemoth Knives +1 for more affordable (and for ATT). Azoth is good, albeit pricey for what you get. Ermine's Tail from MMM, Papiio Kirpan from Scylla, and Machismo.
    Joyeuse is a fine option when ACC will be high already. Good for, say, Campaign, FoV, etc. Not so much for merits or whatnot. Pretty much only for offhand if/when you do use it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Summoner Merits? Decided I'll take the job seriously now. Although I only have 3 avatars. Off my nuts.

5 avatar MAB, 5 whatever, 5 wind blade, 5 thunderstorm

won't be worth bothering unless you cap summoning though

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Despain View Post
    Summoner Merits? Decided I'll take the job seriously now. Although I only have 3 avatars. Off my nuts.
    You won't be serious about it when you realize you have to take Summoning skill to cap at 99 to be useful.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sruon View Post
    Not sure what you're looking for... DNC uses the very same gear as any DD would? 2 acc rings, dagger/joy is fine, SH+1, PCC, Dusk...really the most common items.

There is no gear for DNC from endgame aside from AFs in Dynamis, which is well normal, since you're pretty much useless aside from 1-2 events.
    if you can get: rajas, rapparee harness when you can cap acc, some cobra piece are good too.

ASA legs if you plan to buy and your dnc is your "main" job

idk if that have been debunked but i think joyeuse+airy buckler can be good

Cat 2: cap your favourite one, unlock all the others. They all do the same damage anyway.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by seiji View Post
    idk if that have been debunked but i think joyeuse+airy buckler can be good
    The main thing there is that Sword is still starting at D skill. DNC is one of the more accurate 1h jobs due to traits, but that's still a very large deficit to make up on higher level mobs.

WS selection is also poor.

I mean, there are possible uses for single-wielding a Joyeuse, but not many.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Balls.

On the subject of WIN7 again, let's see...

Originally I installed POL & FFXI from discs, which made the error message in my OP appear. Then I downlowaded the WIN7 version of POL and installed it, and I was able to log onto it. However, it did not recognise my POL password for Membership info (unrelated I think, but still made me wtf) and then when I clicked "Play" it gave an error in the lines of: Cannot run Final Fantasy XI because it is not installed. WTF?

I uninstalled everything, as suggested by the guide for dummies on POL website, and followed their steps. After installing WIN7 POL, I insert my FFXI Disc one and I get an error message saying that FFXI cannot be installed because the PlayOnline Viewer has not been installed.

Anything I'm overlooking, or is this utter bullshit?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Probably missing registry key, I uninstalled Win7 because of the amount of bullshit it gave me reinstalling.

Cat 1: I went with cap Avatar Attack & Magic Atk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    Cat 2: cap your favourite one, unlock all the others. They all do the same damage anyway.
    This is pretty much what I decided; this way you have all elemental damage types that are stronger and more consistent than the avatar's IV spells, with one powerful one (chose windblade for usefulness).

But then again, with the latest info on more bloodpacts, etc it might be better to wait and see what is in store before doing anything.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Thanks bitches. Much appreciated.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Best food for leveling sub @38? Those meat dumplings? Can't remember...

edit: rice dumpling, derp derp

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm looking for anyone who can convert the default /tell chime into a .wav file, or knows of any programs that I can do it with? If someone can do it, the file is in ..\sound\win\se\se000\se000040.spw

Looking to put it on my iPhone as a text tone.

From previous thread, still no answer :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    Best food for leveling sub @38? Those meat dumplings? Can't remember...
    Maybe Crab Sushi for melee, squid for ranger? Crab is like +12%, Rice Dumpling is like +5 acc.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast