+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Iran's Ahmadinejad: Sept. 11 attacks a 'big lie'

EHRAN, Iran – Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Saturday called the official version of the Sept. 11 attacks a "big lie" used by the U.S. as an excuse for the war on terror, state media reported.

Ahmadinejad's comments, made during an address to Intelligence Ministry staff, come amid escalating tensions between the West and Tehran over its disputed nuclear program. They show that Iran has no intention of toning itself down even with tighter sanctions looming because of its refusal to halt uranium enrichment.

"September 11 was a big lie and a pretext for the war on terror and a prelude to invading Afghanistan," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by state TV. He called the attacks a "complicated intelligence scenario and act."

The Iranian president has questioned the official U.S. version of the Sept. 11 attacks before, but this is the first time he ventured to label it a "big lie."

In 2007, New York officials rejected Ahmadinejad's request to visit the World Trade Center site while he was in the city for a U.N. meeting. The president also sparked an uproar when he said during a lecture in New York that the causes and conditions that led to the attacks, as well as who orchestrated them, still need to be examined.

At the time, he also told Iranian state TV the attacks were "a result of mismanaging and inhumane managing of the world by the U.S," and that Washington was using Sept. 11 as an excuse to attack others.

He has also questioned the Sept. 11 death toll of around 3,000, claiming the Americans never published the victims' names.

On the 2007 anniversary of the attacks, the names of 2,750 victims killed in New York were read aloud at a memorial ceremony.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100306/..._mi_ea/ml_iran

May have not noticed this posted yet but didn't see it initially.

I am prolly misreading this but is he saying that America trolled the world?

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Just like the holocaust

holocaust never happened either etc

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No gays in Iran.

"there is no racism in china because there are no black people here"

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    "there is no racism in china because there are no black people here"
    They have hadjis though, thats basically the same thing.

This guy is a tool and spouting misinformation, but he is right in saying D.C. used 9-11 as an excuse to attack others.

Just reminded me of the "axis of annoyance" article I read on BBC (I think) about Ahmadinejad and his butt buddy Hugo Chavez. I love that term lol, so appropriate.

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

Can anyone tell if he's saying the reports were a lie or that the event was a lie

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yea cause we totally need an "excuse" to attack those who wants us all dead.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Bush did 9/11

durr

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by #686578 View Post
    Can anyone tell if he's saying the reports were a lie or that the event was a lie
    ^ this. It be stupid to deny we didn't use 9/11 as a tool to go to war in Iiraq, but obviously the event did happen.

"The Iranian president has questioned the official U.S. version of the Sept. 11 attacks before,"

Makes me think he's not saying it never happened, but that the US is twisting what it really was about.

Be interesting to see other interviews on it though since this one seems confusing.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Was showing this to someone and Yahoo knocked it way to the back of their news stories.

u scared yahoo? lol

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    Yea cause we totally need an "excuse" to attack those who wants us all dead.
    Iraq and the Taliban.

Also Firas
    BG Level

It happened alright, who was really behind it? hmmmmm, we dont know for sure.

because the same people who in more occasions have twisted the truth are the ones bringing us this.

Iraq, Afghanistan and more bases in the Gulf was the result (oil? motive? control over rich land? maybe)

and btw, until today i dont understand how a building that is contructed in a way that it can take aeroplane impacts can drop like this; it does look like it was hit from the base rather than the top. if anyone can explain that, would be great.

Spoiler: show
    holocaust was exaggerated

Ridill
    BG Level

He's saying it was an inside job, not that it didn't happen. (cept the death toll...)

I.E. the big conspiracy theory that the whole thing was done intentionally by us as a setup for everything that followed.

The "there's got to be a trigger" thing.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

someone must have sent ahmadinejad a youtube link to loose change

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Firas View Post
    It happened alright, who was really behind it? hmmmmm, we dont know for sure.

because the same people who in more occasions have twisted the truth are the ones bringing us this.

Iraq, Afghanistan and more bases in the Gulf was the result (oil? motive? control over rich land? maybe)

and btw, until today i dont understand how a building that is contructed in a way that it can take aeroplane impacts can drop like this; it does look like it was hit from the base rather than the top. if anyone can explain that, would be great.

Spoiler: show
    holocaust was exaggerated
    You are seriously the most tiresomely cliche bourgeois arab I have ever heard, and believe me, living in Ottawa and working for Libyan exchange students has me meeting plenty.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Firas View Post
    the holocaust never happened
    ftfy

Also Firas
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cadsuane View Post
    You are seriously the most tiresomely cliche bourgeois arab I have ever heard, and believe me, living in Ottawa and working for Libyan exchange students has me meeting plenty.
    sorry for not trying to sound cool & hip like you american kids;;

the mystery still stands though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast