+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    If you have two noncongruent dGPUs (like a 1070 and a 970, or something) they are independent and can both be used to connect monitors and such despite only the primary one being used in any real capacity; this is largely useless and a waste of electricity in modern systems.

tl;dr There's not really any reason to do this at all and it isn't worth trying to get it to work, but it can be done.
    It can still be somewhat useful if you're low on clock generators: even an nVidia 1080 only comes with four, many mainstream cards only come with two, and the only alternative if you want more monitors than that involves DisplayPort clusterfuckery. With how cheap smaller monitors are getting, turning on the integrated GPU or throwing an nVidia 710 can be surprisingly useful. Do have to set whatever monitor is attached to the most powerful GPU as the primary monitor. Would recommend against going too many generations back, since both nVidia and ATi's driver installers do weird stuff if you try mixing a 1xxx series and something from back in the GeForce 9600 days.

Do be warned that some motherboards will automatically disable the integrated GPU with a PCIE graphics card installed. Most modern boards will have an option in the BIOS to override it, but some lower-end 'business' boards don't.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Anyone interested in buying a 1070 60 80 or 80ti

They are coming with a coupon for free game(for honor or ghost recon wildands) for free

Newegg has the coupon listed as a $59.99 value.

I am not sure if they are aware of their error but I just bought a 1080ti and the took $59.99 off the msrp for the value of the game coupon. then gave me the coupon as well. Idk if this is a known error on their behalf, but you might be able to get $59.99 of one of the mention video cards if you buy from them right now.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Anyone interested in buying a 1070 60 80 or 80ti

They are coming with a coupon for free game(for honor or ghost recon wildands) for free

Newegg has the coupon listed as a $59.99 value.

I am not sure if they are aware of their error but I just bought a 1080ti and the took $59.99 off the msrp for the value of the game coupon. then gave me the coupon as well. Idk if this is a known error on their behalf, but you might be able to get $59.99 of one of the mention video cards if you buy from them right now.
    How did you do it? I add ti to cart, added code for game, still showing 779.99.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

it showed full price to me, ($739) when I checkedout

but when I got invoice it was $680 +9.99 shipping.

I noticed it when I got email of $689 bill to CC. You have to buy it for it to happen. If your invoice isnt favorable, cancel it before packaging.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Thank you. Time to trade up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm holding out for the EVGA hydro. I'm guessing June. The wait is killing me but I'd rather have a better bined and dual bios card than the Fe with only a cpu cooler.

Edit: Comparing the current water cards.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm going from a 1080strix A8G to a Ti Strix. I love them. My cpu is under water and I'd love to do a full loop but I don't want to deal with the maintenance and I'm not convinced it would be quieter than my current set up.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Thank you. Time to trade up.
    did it work for you?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

did it work for you?
    I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Debating if I really want it, how to pay for it, and how mad the wife will be. But I have two GPU's to sell which will net me 500+ at least.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

did it work for you?
    May have been fixed. This is my checkout page:

2 item(s): $839.98
    Tax: $53.62
    Shipping: $0.00
    Subtotal: $893.60
    Discount for
    GIFT #1:
    -$59.99
    Total:
    $833.61

There's only 1 item, the card.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Welp, free game?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I decided not to buy it. It's completely unnecessary for my 3440x1440 100hz ultrawide for everything I play. If I played more AAA titles maybe, or when the 144hz models finally hit. My next card might in fact be a 1180ti or something, if the monitors ever release that is.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

The next best thing in monitor tech is HDR.

Though, I dont fully understand why the monitor needs to be hdr compatible and the color changes be done from gpu alone but eh...

HDR makes shit looks 3x better. I like my 1440p 144hz, I think I would just upscale to 4k if I wanted to, but I might sell if for a 1440p hdr 144hz if price is right.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

HDR is really really nice. I personally can't fathom it on a monitor class but playing a few games on my TV with HDR versus without it on is crazy noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The next best thing in monitor tech is HDR.

Though, I dont fully understand why the monitor needs to be hdr compatible and the color changes be done from gpu alone but eh...
    What are you even trying to say? If a display isn't capable of showing the color spectrum required for HDR certification it doesn't matter what the GPU is doing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm going from a 1080strix A8G to a Ti Strix. I love them. My cpu is under water and I'd love to do a full loop but I don't want to deal with the maintenance and I'm not convinced it would be quieter than my current set up.
    My CPU is under water with a corsair AIO. I want to do a custom loop but it's just not worth it until I upgrade CPU ([email protected]) or my H100i starts giving me problems. The noise difference between the EVO 212 and H100 is huge. I'm sitting here working right now and all I can hear is that GOD DAMN HD TICKING. I'm so done with spinning drives.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    What are you even trying to say? If a display isn't capable of showing the color spectrum required for HDR certification it doesn't matter what the GPU is doing.
    I said I didnt understand why. That makes sense if it is a color spectrum thing with the panels.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Select Walmart stores has the Logitech G710+ (Brown switches) for only $49. Enter your zip in the link below to see if there is availability near you. Ridiculous price for a great board!

http://brickseek.com/walmart-invento.../?sku=26464281

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Select Walmart stores has the Logitech G710+ (Brown switches) for only $49. Enter your zip in the link below to see if there is availability near you. Ridiculous price for a great board!

http://brickseek.com/walmart-invento.../?sku=26464281
    I don't think I could give up my filco ninja with reds but I do miss those g keys. Although I think I only used them last time for a couple gear swap macros and a push to talk. Tough call.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I don't think I could give up my filco ninja with reds but I do miss those g keys. Although I think I only used them last time for a couple gear swap macros and a push to talk. Tough call.
    I'm currently using a G.Skill Ripjaw KM780R with Cherry MX Reds and I'm tempted by this deal. On numerous occasions I've had random keys being fired on like multiple letters or a previous control+v. It's really strange. Plus, at random times the keys will develop somewhat of a squeak sound. However, mine has backlight LED which is very nice and I really like the multimedia layout. May buy to try and return if not a positive experience.