+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Looking forward to the post over the next month. Black Friday deals should start popping out soon and I'm ordering parts for my pc

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

http://www.buy.com/prod/iomega-1tb-h...210573494.html

Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive. Looks pretty good, only $99 which isn't too much more than an internal 1TB hard drive. I'm really tempted to buy one of these

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

It's cheaper on Newegg, also the 2tb version is $140 on Newegg. I've never used or heard much of iomega before, so I personally would be skeptical of their quality, especially with important data. Personally, I'd get a USB 3.0 or eSATA enclosure and buy a 1tb internal drive.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Really? Iomega has been around forever. They are pretty big when it comes to the storage industry.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Holy shit memory prices have come WAY down.. from today's 'double secret' Newegg email blast:

Corsair XMS3 2x2GB DDR3-1600 CAS9 Dual Channel Kit:
    $86.99 - $10 with Code EMCZYNT36 - $15 MIR = $61.99

Full email link: http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail...E0-_-PromoWord

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

I've only seen Iomega making "consumer" electronics, not "enthusiast". Anyway, that's not even a good price when you get get 1TB internal drives for like $60.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Try looking in the business sector. They're big with hot swappable drives and backup solutions.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Another awesome memory deal on Newegg: Corsair XMS3 6GB (3x2) DDR3-1333 CAS9 Tri-Channel Kit - $99.99 - $15 MIR = $84.99

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Yikes... Pick select AMD Processors and get your choice of motherboard FREE or deeply discounted! (In-store deal onry)

http://www.microcenter.com/specials/...ndlePROMO.html

gonna save some hot babes and punch radiation in the mouth.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Frostwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    Yikes
    Seriously?

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Damn, I wish we had a Microcenter around here

Also, the reason for the NAS/Media Server for me would be to free up my PC for when other people might stream stuff when I'm on it, which I thought it was a good deal at least. Didn't think to check for that on newegg though

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry View Post
    Damn, I wish we had a Microcenter around here

Also, the reason for the NAS/Media Server for me would be to free up my PC for when other people might stream stuff when I'm on it, which I thought it was a good deal at least. Didn't think to check for that on newegg though
    Tons of stuff are coming down in price for various reasons. Corsair is [really more like has been for the past] several months getting rid of their XMS series of RAM. I have no clue why but they have been. As far as storage goes, I'm switching to the Pogoplug (yes that IS its name) since it allows for cloud~based storage so I can stream, view and use w/e I like anywhere. NAS storage is nice but they tend to have the bigger price points. AMD prices went down since AMD will be introducing their newer line for Christmas in select products. Does mean if you buy what's out now, it'll be cheaper but there ya go. The mother board being offered from Microcenter is being done by 3 other retailers as well but the free one isn't all that great but they have it where you can select your own and get a $40-60 discount on that one.

Iomega is still around but hasn't produced anything worth carrying for ever since their jazz drives. I'm more interested in seeing whether for Christmas/Black Friday has anything worth while outside external hard drives or sh*t. Usually its 32" TV's, cheapo laptops and other useless crap.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eldoras View Post
    Tons of stuff are coming down in price for various reasons. Corsair is [really more like has been for the past] several months getting rid of their XMS series of RAM. I have no clue why but they have been. As far as storage goes, I'm switching to the Pogoplug (yes that IS its name) since it allows for cloud~based storage so I can stream, view and use w/e I like anywhere. NAS storage is nice but they tend to have the bigger price points. AMD prices went down since AMD will be introducing their newer line for Christmas in select products. Does mean if you buy what's out now, it'll be cheaper but there ya go. The mother board being offered from Microcenter is being done by 3 other retailers as well but the free one isn't all that great but they have it where you can select your own and get a $40-60 discount on that one.

Iomega is still around but hasn't produced anything worth carrying for ever since their jazz drives. I'm more interested in seeing whether for Christmas/Black Friday has anything worth while outside external hard drives or sh*t. Usually its 32" TV's, cheapo laptops and other useless crap.

Newegg had a 60gig SSD for $60 some time today... (monday). I missed it, and otherwise would have picked one up. Can't beat those prices tbh. was:

60GB G.SKILL Phoenix Pro Series 2.5" SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) for $59.99 with free shipping.

PS. Neweggs deals leading up to black friday have started:
    http://www.newegg.com/index.aspx?cm_...c=SNC-Facebook

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Minions View Post
    Newegg had a 60gig SSD for $60 some time today... (monday). I missed it, and otherwise would have picked one up. Can't beat those prices tbh. was:

60GB G.SKILL Phoenix Pro Series 2.5" SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) for $59.99 with free shipping.

PS. Neweggs deals leading up to black friday have started:
    http://www.newegg.com/index.aspx?cm_...c=SNC-Facebook
    Yea I saw that SSD and I bet everyone here was heading to Newegg when the link was posted so I blame everyone here! J/k lol!! But I'm hoping for the PCIe SSD's to come down in price as they're pricier than standard SSD's. I had a friend in Hong Kong (and no I'm not an RMT -_- lol...) do the price~check for me and some of the Intel SSD rip-offs are going for $50 (US). One thing I'd add is if you happen to work yourself at a retailer like Best Buy, CompUSA, Staples or Office Depot, you can always subscribe to Intel's retail employee website and during Christmas they'll have a retail accommodation that will include SSD's at about half their normal price as well as I7 quad cores for under $200 (or $300 w/ mobo). If you don't work there, then can always start your search for someone who does and you'll have time as its still like a month or more away until they do it.

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

I'm personally holding out on a PCIe SSD too, they're much faster than SATA II and SATA III. Hoping to nab a cheap one black friday, if not, hopefully prices drop a lot next year, seeing as SSD seems to be one of the fastest growing areas right now.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Shojin View Post
    I'm personally holding out on a PCIe SSD too, they're much faster than SATA II and SATA III. Hoping to nab a cheap one black friday, if not, hopefully prices drop a lot next year, seeing as SSD seems to be one of the fastest growing areas right now.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc..._-20227578-L0D

It'll be $295 w/ promo code EMCYTZT217 and free S&H
    This is just a tease...do I buy it now or later grrrrrr =/ But still a good price for a 120GB capacity.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Id wait it out, just cause prices will come down eventually any ways, but i also doubt thats the last good deal we'll see.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Id wait it out, just cause prices will come down eventually any ways, but i also doubt thats the last good deal we'll see.
    Not likely to see any better than that 60 gb ssd for $60 with no rebate though. Has the new sandforce controller too I believe. (I know it at least has the "old" version of the sandforce controller which is still fucking fast)

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

video cards are 10% off on newegg, wonder if I should get one. Any recommendations? Or should I wait for another black friday deal eh? I have a budget of around 125, but can go up 25-50 if it's definitely worth it.

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast