+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    Starting 1/9/11

Microcenter will start selling the 2nd generation intel i5/i7 CPU's for some good prices.

i5 2400: $150
    3.1 ghz, intel HD graphics 2000

i5 2400k: $180
    3.3 ghz, intel HD graphics 3000

i7 2600: $250
    3.4 ghz, intel HD graphics 2000

i7 2600k: $280
    3.4 ghz, intel graphics 3000
    Do they ship to Canada?

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Do they ship to Canada?
    They don't ship anywhere, you order online then pick up product in person, the low price is because they order a few high-demand parts in bulk then when you go to pick them up they try to muscle you into buying more shit when you go to pick up your product. The deals are good if you live near one and are good at dealing with confrontational/aggressive salesmen so you can get your shit and get out.

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I want to buy a i7 but I also need a new Mobo since my current board doesn't support it, anyone know a good board for i7s?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Cali buy me one and ship it here

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Most of the Gigabyte GA-X58 line has solid reviews from what I've seen, I got the GA-X58-USB3, it's more or less the bottom of that line but still seems pretty decent, will let you know if I have any issues once everything is up and running. The Asus Sabertooth X58 ones are supposed to be good as well.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I saw the Asus Sabertooth X67 (I think?) boards for the new SandY Bridge processors, and god damn did those look badass. To me, anyway. It was either badass or terrible. Still though.. I'm not near a microcenter store, so sad panda.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    nice, I guess that makes picking a setup all the more harder (or easier?) for you
    It pretty much decided it for me. While I do want to at least try the cheaper option (since its also higher resolution and more workspace) I am pretty much guaranteed not to go wrong or regret the 30inch option. On hardforum everyone swears by both ways, to the point that they say get one then when its on sale another and on sale another etc over a year or 2. It cant lose, especially since its brand new.

It was good timing for the sale too, since I almost went to IKEA today which is over an hour drive to grab a new desk for a 3monitor setup. Now instead I need one that gives me enough room for 30+26 sidebyside, which is a pretty large space to make it comfortable to look at. Going with either a galant or fredrik. We'll see.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

speaking of.. I need a new computer desk myself, but I dunno where to go for that.

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Most of the Gigabyte GA-X58 line has solid reviews from what I've seen, I got the GA-X58-USB3, it's more or less the bottom of that line but still seems pretty decent, will let you know if I have any issues once everything is up and running. The Asus Sabertooth X58 ones are supposed to be good as well.
    fucking PS2 ports, I dont need those...

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

lol I actually like them, I prefer old-school PS/2 keyboards, it's hard finding a USB keyboard with proper key recoil that isn't too flimsy, I like the old-as-shit beige brick keyboards that you get at office jobs.

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I have a razer keyboard and mouse, I fucking love this keyboard because its like a laptop's keyboard, the keys are all flat and easy to push

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnell View Post
    fucking PS2 ports, I dont need those...
    Eh, they're still liked by hardcore gamers for n-key rollover and hardware interrupt, for the keyboard at least.

Personally, I have an X58 Sabretooth, which is a solid, albeit basic board. Still has a PS/2 port though =P

I have a razer keyboard and mouse, I fucking love this keyboard because its like a laptop's keyboard, the keys are all flat and easy to push
    I had (well, technically still have) a Lycosa that died on me waaay too quickly given its price. Flaked out on me faily often too. Not overly impressed.

Mechanical keyboards actually have a bit of a following now though - even Razer is offering one.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I can't stand those lol, that's how my laptop is too. I've done heavy data entry work for years, I type really fast but really hard and I need keys that have a fair amount of push-back to them. If anyone knows of decent USB keyboards like this lemme know, I have a Dell one at work that's decent enough but I haven't really seen it around for sale and they probably won't let me take one home since I'm a temp

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I can't stand those lol, that's how my laptop is too. I've done heavy data entry work for years, I type really fast but really hard and I need keys that have a fair amount of push-back to them. If anyone knows of decent USB keyboards like this lemme know, I have a Dell one at work that's decent enough but I haven't really seen it around for sale and they probably won't let me take one home since I'm a temp
    I think I have one or 2 of those, I can check if you want and take pics if you want em they are yours

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Eh, they're still liked by hardcore gamers for n-key rollover and hardware interrupt, for the keyboard at least.

Personally, I have an X58 Sabretooth, which is a solid, albeit basic board. Still has a PS/2 port though =P

I had (well, technically still have) a Lycosa that died on me waaay too quickly given its price. Flaked out on me faily often too. Not overly impressed.

Mechanical keyboards actually have a bit of a following now though - even Razer is offering one.
    weird, I've had this keyboard/mouse combo for about 7 months or more now, no real issues

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

This may be of interest to you if you haven't seen it before (exact models and all on the market vary of course).

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    This may be of interest to you if you haven't seen it before (exact models and all on the market vary of course).
    Thanks, I'll have a look at some, I never knew the actual term for it. I never use keyboard for actual gameplay, always controllers, so I don't mind the stronger clicky types(though I probably should also keep my quiet slim one for when g/f's asleep lol).

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    speaking of.. I need a new computer desk myself, but I dunno where to go for that.
    IKEA. Yes, really. The Galant setups and fredriks are amazing. If you can find a Jerker on craigslist near you I'd be so jealous.

I actually went today and got a new galant setup. Take a look through the hardforum ikea thread for some ideas, it's what I did and I was sold: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1341821 There is like a million ways to configure galants, such a fantastic model, but you have to be willing to spend 200-300. ALWAYS GO TO THE IKEA STORE ITSELF. They charge like 100$ for shipping, and there is usually sales in the store. My galant top which was supposed to be 110 was only 50, etc. It's well worth the hour drive that it is for most people to Ikea's.

For the record I go through computer desks like candy. I've had like 10 different models from staples, and am currently using a selfmade DIY door desk which is starting to turn into a money sink lol. The galant will not get replaced, only added to and re-customized depending on shape of the room if needed.

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Galants are sexy and now i want one

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Galants are sexy and now i want one
    Yepp. Still not done with mine. Going to get a piece to raise the monitors, after I pull the trigger on the dell30inch or 3x23's tomorrow.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...iee/photo4.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast