BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I have like, six or so internal DVD-RW drives sitting around. I've used my Bluray drive for ripping PS3 discs.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    fry's
    heh, my Frys is finally going to close up shop. It's been on life support for the past 2 years or something. Finally selling the property for condos and apartments.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Yeah, Fry's is on the way out. Every month there's a post somewhere on reddit about shelves being bare.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Cantih; I can agree with that sadly. One of the Atlanta area Fry's has closed, and I don't know how the other is, but then I don't get down there that often. But yar, I'll look into it. ^^

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Looking to rebuild my wife's old computer for my nephew. Any good deals on ~500W PSU's going on atm?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

you're going to be hard pressed at finding good deals on any pc parts right now

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    you're going to be hard pressed at finding good deals on any pc parts right now
    https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsal...m_source=share

Western Digital 1TB NVMe SSD $121.49, about 115 with Ebates/rakuten/topcashback.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So okay, I'll double check the drive when it's done but..

It is looking I'm going to need a new USB hdd for backups soon. Also known as; I need to separate the PS4 backup from the PC backups or I won't have any space soon.

Any good deals on those folks that I should watch out for?

Also speaking of backing stuff up; I need a no bigger than 2 TB thumbstick or usb hdd really bad to back the PS3 up with; any suggestions? I'll proly wishlist and buy later.. (Stupid FAT32)

Looking to get some USB charger cable replacements for my phone and tablet, both Samsung, since they're starting to break at the joint between the plug and cord. Wanting to get the 90 degree sorts, ideally with the cord going left, but haven't had any luck finding any in local stores while I was out. Tried googling some, but reviews on a few I've seen haven't been good about prolonged connectivity or their general length is simply way too short. Something around 6ft length would be ideal, but I'd go as low as 4. Mainly wondering if anyone else has gotten something like this recently and how they feel about it's quality/cost.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Anyone notice any good deals lately on 40"+ 144hz displays?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Newegg doing a lottery for a reservation on a few select items. 3080 3090 PS5 5600x 5800x Open from 3pm to 6pm EST

Go to bring my tablet out of idle and half the screen is dead. Rebooting it doesn't fix it. So guess it's time for a replacement.

Any of you bros know a good deal/have experience with something that'd have at least 4gb RAM and 128gb storage on Android? Doesn't need to be cutting edge, but if it can last at least 3 years, I'll consider it a win. This fucker didn't even last 18 months.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Been searching Newegg everyday for past month+ and this is by far the best deal I’ve seen for a PC that’s not ABS brand.. what y’all think?:

https://www.newegg.com/lenovo-90q800...9SIAHRCF2T0435

I like to eat food
    BG Level

It looks good overall, especially considering current GPU prices. It'd be nice to know what the motherboard was. Seems the RAM is a generic sold/made for Lenovo which is a bit annoying. Overall, for $1600 you could definitely do a lot worse.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Motherboard says CML Z490 ATX which has positive reviews

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Monitor arms (if coupon is still active, have to check box):

Single $11: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BHYHVYK

Double $25: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BHYHRG1

I can't speak for the quality but I grabbed the double, gets decent enough reviews.

Single might be sold out, but this one is $14, same brand: https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Adjus...F53?pldnSite=1

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    Been searching Newegg everyday for past month+ and this is by far the best deal I’ve seen for a PC that’s not ABS brand.. what y’all think?:

https://www.newegg.com/lenovo-90q800...9SIAHRCF2T0435

Honestly for that price point with a 3070 it seems like a pretty good system. The only concerns I could see possibly: 16GB generic ram, 650W unknown power supply, SSD quality / speed.

I mean just looking at MSRP the cpu is $530 and 3070 is $500 (hahaha retail gpu price)

I've been tempted to upgrade to a new top of the line 3080 system that would run me around $3200, but looking at the specs for half the price has me a bit interested.

Right now I'm running an i7-7700k with a 1070 and the system runs way too hot under loads (95 c at 80% load)

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Hope the 4000 series is good because we about to hit a year and I still don't have a 3080 lol.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

For L.A. and OC BGers, I just got a (late) flyer in the mail.

The Micro Center in Tustin has reopened (today), and if you bring in the flyer they mailed you, you can get a free 240GB SSD, and choice of free 16gb USB flash drive or microSDHC card.
    And there is a 2nd coupon to give to someone else so they can get the 16gb thinger.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

what's the biggest yall are willing to go with monitor size? currently i'm rocking two 27in 1440p joints but I've realized that I rarely use my second monitor when I'm gaming - and I only really use one monitor when I'm working since my laptop provides plenty of space for slack.

I'm really considering buying a yuge 40 inch 4k monitor since it could enhance my work experience (i code for a living) and gaming with extra screen space sounds fun. only drawback is i'm still rocking a 1080ti so I probably won't have enough horsepower to hit high framerates at 4k

what yall think? should I bother buying a 4k biggum now or should I hold off until after I grab a newer gpu? (i'm considering the 48in lg c1)