1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not sure if im happy about the having to select a specific element of choice.
    If you can change your element by quests or something, but not instantly, thats fine, but if stuck with that choice forever, thats going to suck. Whos to say the game wont change, and yull be stuck with a worthless element, or if all the end game mobs are weak to mostly thunder/blizz *cough* and nothing else?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i get the feeling its more of a specialization that can be changed any time you want in your gaming life..
    I'd think of it as something like a talent tree really. You probably have to assign elemental affinity somehow and if theres a way to deliberately put it on, you can probably remove it similarly.

It doesn't seem to specify but elemental prowess and resistance could share the same stat

4Gamer got their hands on a non-shredded copy of the party positioning chart. If someone wants to copy over the translations, here you go! This Taru is exhausted..

http://www.zam.com/Im/image/159920.jpg

aduidarnenye

Do you suppose this means there will be seven players in a party, or are they simply demonstrating positioning per class?

I wonder if thunder and ice will come out on top for the Thaumaturge type like they did for BLMs in FF11.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    I wonder if thunder and ice will come out on top for the Thaumaturge type like they did for BLMs in FF11.
    I'm really hoping that element will be much more varied and significant in FFXIV. It would be really depressing to have so much potential and then be pidgeon-holed into a "Thunder/Ice or GTFO" role. In my most ideal of dreams I'm imagining varied mobs that actually have resistances and affinities worth mentioning, like a machine based mob unaffected by wind; resistant to stone, fire and ice; moderately susceptible to thunder; and very susceptible to water. I realize my example is not very good, but I hope my vision is conveyed. =X

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    Do you suppose this means there will be seven players in a party, or are they simply demonstrating positioning per class?

i think its more of a demonstration..

also given the movelist shown so far for each class, Conjurers are closer to BLM than Thaumaturges..

Elmer didnt translate those (prolly cos they'll be released in EN within a day) but..

Conjurer gets spells like
    Cure
    Fire
    Protect
    Shock Spikes
    Frost

whereas Thaumaturge gets
    Drain
    Gravity
    Sacrifa(Sacrifice)
    Siphon Magic
    Absorb-Acc

so it seems like Thaum is in essence RDM + DRK, but focusing more on being a caster and having conal aoe

whereas Conjurer is really BLM + WHM

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    i think its more of a demonstration..

also given the movelist shown so far for each class, Conjurers are closer to BLM than Thaumaturges..

Elmer didnt translate those (prolly cos they'll be released in EN within a day) but..

Conjurer gets spells like
    Cure
    Fire
    Protect
    Shock Spikes
    Frost

whereas Thaumaturge gets
    Drain
    Gravity
    Sacrifa(Sacrifice)
    Siphon Magic
    Absorb-Acc

so it seems like Thaum is in essence RDM + DRK, but focusing more on being a caster and having conal aoe

whereas Conjurer is really BLM + WHM
    Even though the spells/abilities are more reminscent to FFXI, the first thing I thought of when I saw Thaum was it sounded like the Vanguard Healing class the Blood Mage lol. Uses your inner strength and blood to utilize a variety of abilities both for yourself, against an enemy and for your allies. This included siphoning your blood to heal other allies (sacrifice in this case) setup another plug to drain from the monster itself to heal you, poison the blood of another mob for enfeebles, siphon blood from a defeated enemy to create new abilities etc.

Conjurer sounds to me like its actually a mix of BLM, SCH, WHM AND BRD. BRD because you are using auras/chants and SCH because said chants augmented your stance to give new affects when casting spells, and BLM and WHM because of the spell selection. I am actually really liking how they are thinking a bit outside the box when making these classes instead of just creating another version of the old tired FFXI jobs.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

fuck yea conjurer. I think I'll start with that class, and play thaum later on. Both sound tight. Also, lol @ giant green crab in that pic

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
    fuck yea conjurer. I think I'll start with that class, and play thaum later on. Both sound tight. Also, lol @ giant green crab in that pic
    i gotta admit conjurer's got me thinking. i wanted to roll a melee class this MMO FF, but i think i might stick to my favorite magicks <3

Cool, Square-Enix is even sprucing up the crabs by adding a camouflage of Moss on them. Won't be able to spot them while on the move now fuckers!

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Really don't like that they actually decided to go with the two names thing. I find it annoying enough just typing one, especially if its unnecessarily long.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Really don't like that they actually decided to go with the two names thing. I find it annoying enough just typing one, especially if its unnecessarily long.
    It may just work how it did in Warhammer, where your first name is actually your character's name, and the second name is just a surname you add later.

Like if your friend's name was Lemondrop Gumdrop, you would just do /whisper Lemondrop and you would whisper that person. No complication of two names required. I'm glad they decided to go with it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well, I also don't want to think of another name. Fuck that shit, takes forever.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

OMG @ them Peistes~!

I can't wait to play tomorrow

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze View Post
    It may just work how it did in Warhammer, where your first name is actually your character's name, and the second name is just a surname you add later.

Like if your friend's name was Lemondrop Gumdrop, you would just do /whisper Lemondrop and you would whisper that person. No complication of two names required. I'm glad they decided to go with it.
    Wouldn't it make more sense if you would /whisper Gumdrop if it's their surname, and make it so your surname is like your account name that all your characters share? That way anyone could make a character with the first name Lemondrop, and also any of your friends or LS members could easily identify your other characters.

Though I guess it'd end up pissing off married people that want to share a surname.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Well, I also don't want to think of another name. Fuck that shit, takes forever.
    Setsutaru Smashutaru

I'm done. 2 seconds. Although maybe I should change Smashutaru to something mage related or cute related........

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Actually, if I actually need a surname I'm just gonna do what everybody has been telling me to do for years now - Cair Bear.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Actually, if I actually need a surname I'm just gonna do what everybody has been telling me to do for years now - Cair Bear.
    I threw up a little in my mouth. Please do not be a falafel.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hyur only.