1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Am I the only one thinking there's one caster class missing? Although Conjurer's can heal, it's tied to weapon skill (I'm assuming this means it eats TP) meaning they'd have to attack the target aswell, and in the interview they don't really paint the picture of Conjurers being (main?)healers all that well.

I can't really see them being healers unless regular spells generate a decent amount of TP and the cost of healing through TP is quite low.

Quote Originally Posted by dusted View Post
    Am I the only one thinking there's one caster class missing? Although Conjurer's can heal, it's tied to weapon skill (I'm assuming this means it eats TP) meaning they'd have to attack the target aswell, and in the interview they don't really paint the picture of Conjurers being (main?)healers all that well.

I can't really see them being healers unless regular spells generate a decent amount of TP and the cost of healing through TP is quite low.
    I'm thinking that spellcasting generates more TP than you might expect- FFXI bases it's TP gain on delay, and spellcasting usually isn't THAT fast. Although that may be part of the balance a Conjurer has to make- spend TP on damage dealing, or keeping other party members healthy to do it instead?

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well since the devs have the whole "create your own class" kind of idea with FFXIV, I just thought that Conjurer could be morphed into several roles depending on what you specialized as. For all we know right now, Conjurer could be as good as a WHM if played that way.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

it really seems that way.
    It really looks like you can take a Conjurer in any number of ways depending on how you choose to develop elemental affinity (for BLM style) and theres probably something else if you choose to go WHM style. And I think the chant moves are a shift towards BRD style enhancing.

I'm pretty sure the line-up of classes is still not complete but so far it looks like Conjurer and Thaumaturge already cover all the bases in terms of classic mage types.

I'm quite intrigued by the whole positioning thing and its a really visible element in XIV as far as we can tell. Even in that battle pic vs the Peiste, it seems to matter that the Peiste is attacking the guy from behind cos it specifically shows up in the log that way.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

One thing I want to know is if they added in an auto-attack for ranged

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I found some screen shots that I hadn't noticed in the first few batches. if these were already posted, sorry.

http://scrawlfx.com/gallery/albums/f...3-10-10_10.jpg

http://scrawlfx.com/gallery/albums/f...3-10-10_09.jpg

http://scrawlfx.com/gallery/albums/f...3-10-10_07.jpg

The last two look like the trailer.

In any case, I'm really curious about the battle system now. I can't wait to see some footage.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i'm still a little shocked over them not having 8 elements (maybe 7 one for each job) i'd presume dark element (or night energy) would be to help resist sleep if there is one or blind and light element (life energy) would be used to make healing magic a little more active but hey its there game...and they won't share come on se gives us some more goodies!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaluuki View Post
    I found some screen shots that I hadn't noticed in the first few batches. if these were already posted, sorry.

http://scrawlfx.com/gallery/albums/f...3-10-10_10.jpg

http://scrawlfx.com/gallery/albums/f...3-10-10_09.jpg

http://scrawlfx.com/gallery/albums/f...3-10-10_07.jpg

The last two look like the trailer.

In any case, I'm really curious about the battle system now. I can't wait to see some footage.
    holy crap is that the new Bahamut? shits going to get nasty in here

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    One thing I want to know is if they added in an auto-attack for ranged
    No, but they took it out for melee.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    No, but they took it out for melee.
    At least now we have an actual gauge that tells us when we can attack. I swear the worst thing about RNG in FFXI wasn't the fact we didn't have an auto attack, its that we had to play a guessing game on the timing and if there was any lag in your input you got left behind on DoT that normal melee didn't have to worry about ; ;. Now we got a true ATB gauge and like FFXIII we can store abilities to be used when the gauge is filled!

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/arti...16269_640w.jpg'

Wat is this. I haven't been keeping up with info but... pup wut.

Hipster Fisherman
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post

Wat is this. I haven't been keeping up with info but... pup wut.
    Mammet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by dusted View Post

It's more likely that they're omitting most of the abilities, attacks and spells rather then the combat classes at this point. However I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two more mage classes thrown into the mix at launch.

However, I fully expect there to be a LOT more abilities then what was listed. As is, Thaumaturge only has a Fire elemental attack, which is most certainly not the case. It wouldn't surprise me to see massive ability and spell lists for each class, allowing character specializations and WoW-like talent trees.

Though, I'm still curious how their new "sub job" system is going to work out. They mentioned being able to access abilities from other classes you've leveled, so that may play a LOT into the uniqueness each class can eventually have.

Hipster Fisherman
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ziero View Post
    Looking at that battle pic, is it me or are there some sort of weird red and green speckles floating around the right Pieste's head. Could this possibly mean visual status debuf cues on mobs?
    Map/Radar.

Edit: Too late! I have immortalized your ignorance for all to see!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

hopefully that worked never normally does can someone translate this? presuming something along the lines of elements and status effects but the last one looks like a barrage arrow set

edit: didn't work but the link to it is http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/842...092426436.html page 17 if its not already there

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Ever consider you might have to wait until an Expansion?
    Oh probably! I didn't mean I wouldn't wanna play or anything because there's no GKT.

Hmm... I'm leaning to Gladiator a bit if I had to pick something to start off with. But they all seem so interesting!

Little Mother
    BG Level

From what we've seen so far, I'm definitely interested in playing a Thaumaturge. I think the only thing I want to see now is some in-game combat with a party to see how things work out.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kongolo View Post
    umm..

You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
    If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account.

how to fix this??
    I got this too, any one got any ideas?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah, show me some in-game footage instead of glossy, pretty screenshots. We all had fun looking at the create-a-character models in FFXI, only to get these watered down, still-shot-looking characters.

Not a hater, I just know about marketing, and screenshots are all about marketing. Remember that Madden 07 "screenshot" showing the next gen engine that turned out to be just another CGI cutscene?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast