+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

At the moment, my favorite party is:
    Lightning - damage
    Hope - damage, healing(only when shit gets real)
    Vanille - damage, healing, enfeeb

And yeah, Hope is definitely one of my favorite characters.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Grinding setup:
    Light - dmg
    Fang - tank/dmg
    Hope - healing/dmg

My damage is very low for Szah or I would use him instead of Light, just for his buffs, and I need to upgrade Vanille's stuff more before I use her to replace Hope.

There isn't anything good in chapter 11 to farm to sell yet either. I know there probably is on the higher stuff but right now I'm borderline broke until I advance past gran pulse.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Light(Leader), Snow, Vanille. 2 COMs, 3 RAVs, 2 MEDs, and Snow is also a SEN.. I really like this setup.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Light - Com / Rav
    Snow - Com / Sen
    Van - Rav / Med
    Ill switch out Snow for Fang every once in awhile.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Light COM/RAV
    Sazh SYN/RAV
    Vanille RAV/SAB/MED

Haste is lovely, and so is triple RAV on shell monsters. It's a bit of a dangerous setup because I have almost no defensive options, but it makes for speedy kills when everything goes well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Fang / Hope / Vanille

If I ever need 2 COMs, I'll change Vanille for Light.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Light(dd/heal)/Hope(dd/buff/heal)/Fang(tank/dd)

Snow will opt in if for whatever reason I need a person with more HP(he has like twice as much as anyone else even fang lol)

I wish I knew how people dealt with boss mobs without hopes buffs. Where I am and the little amount of grinding I have done makes him a must. Maybe it is because I did so little leveling that the buffs add that much to my part? I guess that might be it. Dont think I have used Vanille in like the last 9 hours.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Coming from near the end of Chapter 11, my usual setup is Lightning (COM/MED/SYN), Snow(SEN/COM/RAV), and Vanille(MED/RAV/SAB). This allows me access to every Role with a decently good spell list (for those unaware, not everyone gets everything in certain roles, an example being that Vanille can't learn Haste, thus she's not my main Synergist).

When going up against something extremely weak to magic, I'll swap out Snow for Hope.

Ridill
    BG Level

Lightning/Sahz/Vanille for most everything. com/rav/rav for normal stuff, for long fights, sahz gets to buff and vanille gets to heal/debuff. I used to take out Sazh for Fang when there were a lot of enemies for Sentinal, but who needs sentinal anymore when you have Ruinga?

I havnt touched Hope ever since Ive had the choice not to, but I might soon sometime. He's currently sitting on about 300k CP, so I'm not even sure I know what he has/gets spell wise.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm doing Light Snow Hope. I found it to be a good all-around setup. I would replace Snow with Fang if she only had Ravager available for quick Staggers ; ;

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Light/Fang/Sazh till I get Haste with Hope, then Light/Fang/Hope.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Literally just got to the point where I can set my own party, and right now its Light/Sazh/Van, although at some point I'll be throwing Fang in the mix for tanking.

I find that shit's getting a little too hairy in some fights without a tank, as my light is sitting at around 295 str/mag, but little in the way of defense.

I also wish there was a way to prioritize what buffs the AI uses first. I really just want Haste and enspells, but Sazh sees fit to throw everything out, and enspells last. Eventually when I can do everything myself, I'll put Count Blackula as the main so I can control those buffs.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm doing mostly Sazh(SYN/COM/RAV), Snow(SEN/COM/RAV) and Vanille(MED/SAB/RAV).

To my dismay, I might have to make Snow my leader instead of Sazh since his HP is nuts.

No more "Time for the 'ol switcheroo!" :[

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Now that my Hope has haste, Light, Fang, and Hope. I swear mobs are attracted to Hope, they love to constantly target him, almost makes me wanna change back to Sazh.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Light/Hope/Vanille

COM/SYN/MED -> COM/MED/SAB -> RAV/RAV/MED till stagger-> COM/RAV/RAV

I just wish Hope had more HP. Had to load him up with HP+ items cause he kept getting owned.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fang/Snow/Hope,
    Don't really have a favorite what i used on Chp13...
    Can't beat Snows 10k Hp :S, and Hopes 2k+Magic, and fangs 2k Str >.>;,

I found Hope/ Vanilla was always the prime target for mobs.. I'm thinking it due to the lack Hp they have, take out the weakest one! (atleast thats how i fight pt mobs) :D

Fang (Com/Rav/Sab) Sazh (Syn/Rav) Vanille (Med/Rav)

Main setup is Com Syn Rav till hastes go out then one of Com Rav Med, Rav Rav Med, or Rav Rav Rav depending on break % and mobs hp. I took Fang and sub speced Rav because Highwind > Army of one for finishing enemies. Get a mob to 500%ish or so bust out Highwind for 99,999 x2 kills almost anything farming and for bosses use it at the end of a stagger for that extra push.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I'm not having the same problems as everyone else seems to with Hope dying. Fang/Light/Hope start each fight with SEN/COM/SYN until Haste is up, then switch to your regular COM/RAV/RAV or COM/RAV/MED as needed. Hope rarely ever pulls hate unless a fight lasts over 2 minutes, and most of those fights call for Fang to spend more time on SEN anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Light COM Vanille MED Sazh SYN is base party -> COM / MED / RAV hard shit -> COM / RAV / RAV quick kill -> RAV RAV RAV quick stagger

RAV x3 after COM hits in base pt with all haste is probably funniest thing in game imo. Almost insta-stagger any non-douche mob (see: behemoths)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Light COM Vanille MED Sazh SYN is base party -> COM / MED / RAV hard shit -> COM / RAV / RAV quick kill -> RAV RAV RAV quick stagger

RAV x3 after COM hits in base pt with all haste is probably funniest thing in game imo. Almost insta-stagger any non-douche mob (see: behemoths)
    This pretty much exactly for me as well (same 4 main paradigms as well). Just got to Gran Pulse so I am going to try for the Dash shoes soonish and maybe look at replacing Sazh with Fang if/when I get a pair or 2 of the shoes... can't take much more of the random useless buffs Sazh cycles through after the haste cycle -_-

Going to miss the RAV x3 quick stagger setup if I do this, but I want to use Fang more and can't really justify dropping Lightning for the main COM role (only weapon I have highly upgraded and I'm digging how strong her COM and RAV roles are so far)