+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I run with Light/Sazh/Vanille with COM/SYN/SAB as my main paradigm. I switch to MED/COM/MED when things get hairy, and go to COM/RAV/RAV once all buffs and debuffs are up.

One thing I noticed is that my Sazh seems to be much smarter than everyone elses. He always puts up the best buffs first and his usual order is Haste, Vigilance, Enspell on everyone, Bravery on Light, Faith on Vanille (although she usually has an auto-faith acc on) and Faith on himself. I've never actually had him caste a bar spell unless I stayed in Bully way longer than I needed to. On pretty much every enemy that's not a boss or turtle things die as soon as Deprotect and the proper enspell are up so I don't often have to switch. Also Vigilance is ridiculously awesome.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Right now I'm using Light(Com/Rav), Vanille(Med/Rav/Sab), and Snow (Rav/Sen). I don't like fang because she's annoying. I don't like hope because he was a shinn (gundam destiny) wannabe. And I like sazh, but sadly the game only lets me use 3 people.

I've got to throw the syn roll into my party, but I'm not sure who to use. I might pick lightning since that'll allow me to actually choose the buffs.

Fang (comm/sab)

Vanille (rav/med)

Sazh (rav/syn)

Works out great for me, plus it's always nice to summon Bahamut if I get in a pinch.

I refuse to use Hope. Not only is he a weak ass healer, his personality bothers me.

My Hope can easily do 1k+ Cures, and nukes like a fucking... well, nuke. He just has the craziest magic stat, love that shit.

Vanille for me does about 1100+ in cures. Not much difference, but my feelings for Hope seal the deal for him staying on the bench.

I guess it depends on where you're at in the game also as to how well your healer is doing. I'm currently in Taejin's Tower on the 2nd Tier farming for CP.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm really liking Fang/Hope/Vanille.

I like Hope and Vanille because they have useful buffs (haste and enspells on Hope, pro/shellra and brave/faithra on Vanille), and they can actually cure. I don't like Lightning cause her medic sucks, and her rav/com are ok but not really that great. She would probably do better damage than Vanille, but I like vanille's buffing/curing/debuffing better <_<

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I've been determined lately to use Snow, if for nothing else than to let him release his pent-up aggression at this point in the story (Chapt. 12). Even though Light far surpasses his com at this point, I have him running com/sent, light rav/com/med, and sazh syn/rav/com because Snow has fucking boss attack right now. I still wish there were better defense resist items, without having to max level everything: I don't want to blow all my goodies on a black belt until I see what else is out there that's better, but christ if Light doesn't get her shit rocked in the front lines.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    I'm really liking Fang/Hope/Vanille.
    This is my main grp, but I will switch out Vanille for Light here and there for stuff that needs comx2 or if i go up against a lot of enemies that are magic resistant. But 2x sab is just sick, u fully debuff mobs in like 10 seconds lol.. only grip w/ the AI sab is that they don't cast anything when the mob is fully debuffed.

And I prefer the single syn buffs before the 'ra (aoe) spells since the 'ra versions have a terrible duration and it only takes a few more seconds to get up the buffs ala single style

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I've been determined lately to use Snow, if for nothing else than to let him release his pent-up aggression at this point in the story (Chapt. 12). Even though Light far surpasses his com at this point, I have him running com/sent, light rav/com/med, and sazh syn/rav/com because Snow has fucking boss attack right now. I still wish there were better defense resist items, without having to max level everything: I don't want to blow all my goodies on a black belt until I see what else is out there that's better, but christ if Light doesn't get her shit rocked in the front lines.
    I'd upgrade some Black Belts and General's Belts, just because you'll need them later on if you farm Adaman(tor)toise.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    This is my main grp, but I will switch out Vanille for Light here and there for stuff that needs comx2 or if i go up against a lot of enemies that are magic resistant. But 2x sab is just sick, u fully debuff mobs in like 10 seconds lol.. only grip w/ the AI sab is that they don't cast anything when the mob is fully debuffed.

And I prefer the single syn buffs before the 'ra (aoe) spells since the 'ra versions have a terrible duration and it only takes a few more seconds to get up the buffs ala single style
    Yeah I hate that, as soon as all of Vanille's debuffs are on I just switch to com/rav/rav, since I'm usually already close to staggering anyway, and, Fang still does good damage regardless.

And uh, -ra buffs aren't AOE, and they're a lot more potent than the normal ones, and DEFINITELY worth using, especially bravera and faithra.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    And uh, -ra buffs aren't AOE, and they're a lot more potent than the normal ones, and DEFINITELY worth using, especially bravera and faithra.
    Oh, i just assumed they were AoE versions. Don't think Hope gets those version, but ill need to double check when i get home

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm really curious as to how you guys feel about not having Light in your group come Chapter 12. I personally am a HUGE Fang/Light/Hope fan. I love Vanille, but until you can really stand to spend CP on her Syn (I didn't grind in Gran Pulse) there really is no real reason to use her over Hope imho. I used Fang as my main from the moment in Chapter 9 you get everyone until Chapter 12 (and then went back and forth as the Sab AI SUCKS!) But Army of One is just too good for words. Sazh's skill is its equivalent as well, but using him as the main character is like bringing out the autistic kid.

Highwind owns, but for boss fights thus far, Army of One pushing to 999% so quickly makes things fall over.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

dunno, I don't miss Light because the AI usually has her casting spells instead of using the -en version. So I consider her useless unless she is in com. Though I should maybe upgrade the axis bade instead of lionheart if gonna have her be AI controlled

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm using Fang/Hope/Van for turtle farming with death in chapter 13... but my main party was Light/Fang/Hope - Not sure whether to go omega with axis or lionheart, or if I should be maining lightning or fang. I generally like lightning more but since I have Kains lance and so much STR it's hard not to main fang.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I'd upgrade some Black Belts and General's Belts, just because you'll need them later on if you farm Adaman(tor)toise.
    Will do.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Pretty much using Light/Fang/Hope. RAV/COM/MED for the most part, COM COM RAV when something gets staggered. RAV COM SYN for buffs and RAV COM MED for heals.
    Although I've swapped Hope out for Vanille a couple times just to change debuffs/buffs around a little bit.

Light/Hope/Fang
    RAV/RAV/COM-Ravaging.
    RAV/MED/COM-Light healing for constantly sustained damage
    COM/MED/SEN-If shit hits the fan
    COM/SYN/SEN-For buffs, SEN keeps it down
    COM/MED/SAB-For debuff, COM keeps chain, med keeps alive
    COM/RAV/COM-for 999%

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Tempted to retire Vanille for Hope. SE really did a number on forcing your party around who can and can't cast Haste, at least with my play-style.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Light, Fang, Hope is pretty awesome because you get all 6 classes (2 medics, 1 sent, 2 Ravager, 2 Com, 1 sab, 1 syn). Only thing that sucks is you don't have haste until late game, but otherwise, you have your bases pretty heavily covered.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

light, sazh, vanille didnt really care tons for the others, and not really a fan of sentinels. i love me some tridisaster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast