+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Annoying Droid corporate email problem

This is weird. I got my Droid and set it up to work with my corporate account months ago. Late last night they did something to the mail server that borked everyone, including people with iPhones, so that nobody could authenticate.

They fixed that, and I'm able to send/receive again. Only I have this weird problem. When I hit my email icon to open the app, it opens to a blank screen. I then have to hit the menu button > Accounts > and then select my account. Then I can see my Inbox. But when I exit the app, I have to repeat the process over again.

This didn't used to happen. Used to go straight to my Inbox. I realize this is obscure, and probably some stupid setting I can't find. But does anyone have any idea how to make it go straight to the Inbox?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Once you are in the account, hit the Menu button, then hit account settings, make sure the default account box is checked.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks for the help. I actually had that checked, I think. It appears right under "Amount to synchronize" right? But the smaller text implies that's only from email sent from that account. Is there another screen I'm not seeing?

Again, thanks for the help!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bumping this because I figured it out and I'm proud of myself.

The Droid "Combined Inbox" is just that, a list of all your email accounts you can combine into one. But you just want to go to one inbox, you can bypass the Combined screen and get right to your inbox.

On the home screen (the one with all your shortcuts, widgets, etc), press and hold a blank space until you get the menu for "Add to Home screen."

Choose Email.

Select the email account you want.

Bam, shortcut right to the specific inbox you need. So simple, only took me a fucking week to figure it out.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bumping this because I figured it out and I'm proud of myself.

The Droid "Combined Inbox" is just that, a list of all your email accounts you can combine into one. But you just want to go to one inbox, you can bypass the Combined screen and get right to your inbox.

On the home screen (the one with all your shortcuts, widgets, etc), press and hold a blank space until you get the menu for "Add to Home screen."

Choose Email.

Select the email account you want.

Bam, shortcut right to the specific inbox you need. So simple, only took me a fucking week to figure it out.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thank you and bump

your solution is simply inspired. It only took me two hours to find the problem, but you solved it with the simplest explanation.

THANK YOU