+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Final Boss (HINT: If you're not at this point, don't enter)

Decided to make a separate thread for this, since I mean, this fight pretty much made me rage. Also I'll use spoilers anyway, although honestly if no one's at this point they shouldn't click on this thread.

Spoiler: show
    Main problem is that I can't stagger him, he likes to cast Fog on my entire party, and he can one-shot my party leader and call it a day. Read: he has 7 million HP, so chances of this happening are pretty fucking high.

I was thinking of using a SEN full-time, since I'm pretty sure that's my only option at this point. Other than that, it just becomes a matter of do I have the patience to sit there for 2 or so hours, considering this shit does not stagger. I'm sure I'm not the only person having problems with Orphan.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

It's not a fast easy fight, it's long and annoying. You need to make sure your party is at full health basically at all times, and also that they have all buffs so that his shit does even less damage and you're doing the most you can. Fog is super annoying, but as long as you have your party at full health before he does it isn't much of an issue.

You CAN get a stagger on him though. My strat was to go in and buff a little bit (can only get like one cast off really) before he does the move that gets all your party members HP low. After that change into combat clinic paradigm (MED/SEN/MED) and quickly heal back up. Then change back to buff/debuff paradigm, I used guerrilla (RAV/SAB/SYN) which would get the stagger up a little at a time, and then would constantly change to solidarity (COM/SEN/MED) or combat clinic to keep my hp high always. If everyone was full buffed, full hp, I'd change to relentless assault (RAV/RAV/COM) and get the stagger higher until I had to change again to heal.

Sometimes the stagger would go away because I'd have to spend a while healing, but it's worth it to stay alive than have to redo the whole fight. Also, if you GET a stagger, STILL KEEP HP UP!! It's worth it to only dmg him for half the stagger if your HP is getting low, because he will always use that merciless whatever attack that wrecks your party after a stagger, so keep the HP high always always always.

Take it slow, he's the end boss and is supposed to be hard.

Edit: My party was as follows, if this helps you at all:

Lightning: Commando/Ravager/Medic
    Fang: Sentinel/Saboteur/Commando
    Hope: Medic/Synergist/Ravager

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I didn't read the shit, but did you rush through the game? Or was it just that good you never stopped?

I'm sure some people rush through it then gonna complain that it's too short. Not saying you are though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

you should have at least one level 4 jobs per chars at this point ( or almost lv 4); I had troubles the first time as well, beat it the second time with a better strategy. Don't forget to switch to defenderx3 before every damaging move ( halves any damage, even with level 1 defenders), and to equip damage reducing equipement ( + attack etc equip is useless on bosses). That's the key to any hard boss in the game.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Despain View Post
    Decided to make a separate thread for this, since I mean, this fight pretty much made me rage. Also I'll use spoilers anyway, although honestly if no one's at this point they shouldn't click on this thread.

Main problem is that I can't stagger him, he likes to cast Fog on my entire party, and he can one-shot my party leader and call it a day. Read: he has 7 million HP, so chances of this happening are pretty fucking high.

I was thinking of using a SEN full-time, since I'm pretty sure that's my only option at this point. Other than that, it just becomes a matter of do I have the patience to sit there for 2 or so hours, considering this shit does not stagger. I'm sure I'm not the only person having problems with Orphan.
    As I said in the last one, I just beat Orphan like a hour ago. My party was Hope, Light and Fang. My main paragrims were Protection for buffs, Diversity for stagger up with some cure(it may not stagger, but it still adds extra dmg), Relentless Assault for when I was full cured and could push alittle harder, and Aggression for when it was staggered.

My Light has 6470hp 1664str 1118mag, Hope 5325 mag2137, and Fang 6425 str 1723. Thats the party I ran with, only had to redo once cause that knife move happened while i was in Aggression paragrim and didn't have cures for when he swatted at me and killed Light.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Seanr View Post
    I didn't read the shit, but did you rush through the game? Or was it just that good you never stopped?

I'm sure some people rush through it then gonna complain that it's too short. Not saying you are though.
    My play through was 50 hours (going on 64 now with all this grinding heh), so it's not really a short game lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Assuming first form here is what i just did:

Lightning/Hope/Fang

MED/SEN/SAB toss a librascope to make fang not do stupid shit.
    Wait for Him to hit you hard.
    pop a Renew followed by some curaga (i never use TP anyway).
    When he has full debuffs (De prot/shel/ect) and you have at least prot/haste/brave/faith go to RAV/RAV/COM (debuffs and buffs are waaaay over powered this step is key)
    When anyone hits yellow HP go to RAV/MED/COM
    When you stagger it, SPAM THE EVER LIVING SHIT out of one man army. this will get it to 999.9% stagger the fastest way for me.
    When chain gauge gets to about ~1/5th start saving on light. at the last possible second throw another one man army. This will cause the stagger to continue until the animation is complete. allowing your other characters to get some extra hits and if your lucky (i was) fang can do 2-3 smites and they did caped dmg for me. Make sure all shifts are done during the animation for one man army (to not lose time and hope for the bug that will give light full bars back).

(about my characters: all have maxed HP and there strong stat in every main crystal. Light has a good mix of magic and str and a lvl 61 weapon to put here even with the main stats of the other 2 characters. other character have lvl 1 weapons.)

Kinda long

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

This thread is a letdown.

I came here hoping to read spoilers, but the only thing inside the tags was technical informations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    This thread is a letdown.

I came here hoping to read spoilers, but the only thing inside the tags was technical informations.
    In the end they all die.

At least when Despain plays it :D

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pit Badger
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

If it's the boss form I'm thinking of, there is a really easy way to kill it that I found, and it's really simple.

Read on for easy mode!

Poison it, the damage is really really high on it, I just had 2 healers and a debuffer on it at all times and just kept the party healed while poison killed it, only took a few mins to die.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Debuffing him saves a fuckload. Went from a 10 min fight that I somehow lost to a 3min rape fest with debuffs on him (form with the huge sword up his ass). Also equip a resist death ring and/or have shell up. I lost like 3 times in the JP version because the fuck just decided to one shot my party leader.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by BlaizeAsura View Post
    If it's the boss form I'm thinking of, there is a really easy way to kill it that I found, and it's really simple.

Read on for easy mode!

Poison it, the damage is really really high on it, I just had 2 healers and a debuffer on it at all times and just kept the party healed while poison killed it, only took a few mins to die.
    Thank God.

And to answer someone's previous question, I didn't rush through this game at all... however all I did was play this game for the past 3 days with minimal sleep/a shit ton of grinding. The three main people that I use have all their main paradigms at level 4. The only way that I die to this thing is when it decides to one shot my party leader. That's about it.

I literally got it down to I think a mil, and it one shotted Lightning. Threw my controller against a wall and fell asleep.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Hmm forget everything I said before. This fight's a joke lol.

Light on MED, Fang and Vanille on SAB. The way I did it I just sat on this paradigm 'til he did Merciless Judgment. From there, I switched to Combat Clinic (MED SEN MED), healed to about 5000 HP JUST to be comfortable, and switched back to MED SAB SAB. I feel bad I lost a PS3 controller to this fight.

The key is not to melee him. Debuffs rape this guy hardcore.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

im getting raped by fog and pain more than anything, gonna try again with some potions for those and see how it goes D:

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Yeah Fog/Pain is annoying, but just use meds, and its easy to overcome. An even better combo to use would be Light Hope and Vanille, since they're all MEDs. Its impossible to die with Salvation up unless your leader gets one-shotted.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

getting super frustrated with something wrath which just insta kills me every fight D:

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just finished@40hrs. From the moment highwind was unlocked Fang became party leader for a good reason. Only used her as SEN in Combat Clinic set. But anyway, use Evened Odds at the start of any big fights to buff your entire pt and enfeeble the mob(s). Use Relentless Assault to build your chain, changing to Diversity occasionally for healing. Once it's staggered, use Aggression and go all out, healing when needed with Combat Clinic. Before stagger wears use w/e "limit break" your party leader has (highwind in my case) and watch a good chunk get taken off.

The fight is long with the 7m hp but not too difficult. I lost once because it poisonga'd my party and used merciless judgement. Fang/Lightning/Hope, fight was 13min and only 2-starred.

Q_Q
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Last boss was a push over... kind of upset it was so easy.
    Lighting Com / Rav / Cure /Syn
    Snow Sen / Com
    Hope Syn / Rav / Heal

Was a total joke, at the start had Lighting cast Faith and Brave while Hope did haste and all that other shit. When Buffed go rav and stagger it quickly switching back and forth to healer. Then when its staggered, Com, Com, Rav destroyed it, each round of stagger I was able to do about 25%+ easy.

Really nothing to it just swap buffs on and heals fast. The turtles on Pulse put up a better fight.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    getting super frustrated with something wrath which just insta kills me every fight D:
    Few replies above yours:
    Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    Also equip a resist death ring and/or have shell up. I lost like 3 times in the JP version because the fuck just decided to one shot my party leader.

My main issue with the first form is he ALWAYS uses instant death on my leader when it is arround 10% health.. really pissing me off... I'm not sure if it's classed as Death or just instant KO...