FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Insurance companies won't know unless you call them and say "Hey I just got a ticket for talking on my phone. That's whats to stop them. And I'm tired of the "Just don't do it" argument. I understand that the state uses traffic fines to pay for things, and as I've said several times in this thread is that I don't disagree with the law, I disagree with the way they are doing it. Handing out fines is ok and all, but that's all it is. It's a temporary slap on the wrist. It's not going to do anything, it's a small fine that doesn't really mean a lot to the average working person, thus isn't -really- a huge consequence.

BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    I hate wearing my seatbelt and i usually don't, i acknowledge that its stupid and illegal but i don't care. The difference between this and the phone however though is that not wearing a seatbelt harms only me physically, where as being distracted by a phone for most people can lead to the death of the innocent with no harm whatsoever to the actual idiot. As long as you accept that it is done for a reason that's fine but being opposed to it just because you feel it inconveniences your comfort and godlike skills behind the wheel is ludicrous.
    Not do derail or anything, but you know that not wearing a seat belt is a danger to passengers in your car. So unless you never drive with people you are putting others at risk as well.

About the money thing. I'd have no problems with the stop lights if the fee was like 20-50$. Sure, remind people not to run reds. My issue is that here they are over 100$ fines, and I see the flash go off at least once every time I get to the major intersections and that is fucking ridiculous.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dontkare View Post
    It's not going to do anything, it's a small fine that doesn't really mean a lot to the average working person, thus isn't -really- a huge consequence.
    Welcome to getting caught with weed in california and 100's of other trivial laws.... what is your points, plenty of laws are like this it just seems like this one seem to crawled up your ass and the rest didn't.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Not do derail or anything, but you know that not wearing a seat belt is a danger to passengers in your car. So unless you never drive with people you are putting others at risk as well.
    I do not let people into my car.

BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Quote Originally Posted by Fistandantilus View Post
    About the money thing. I'd have no problems with the stop lights if the fee was like 20-50$. Sure, remind people not to run reds. My issue is that here they are over 100$ fines, and I see the flash go off at least once every time I get to the major intersections and that is fucking ridiculous.
    I remember hearing something about the lights going away, but I'm not sure if that's true or just rumors.

BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Welcome to getting caught with weed in california and 100's of other trivial laws.... what is your points, plenty of laws are like this it just seems like this one seem to crawled up your ass and the rest didn't.
    It's not like this is the only law that upsets me, it's just that it's something new and something they are just pulling out of their ass in a way. Like you said, I acknowledge that people are stupid and most can't drive on their phones but I'm also an advocate of legalizing weed to use your example. I don't even smoke it but I think it's a great idea to make it legal.

That would make me so happy, those things make me rage everytime I drive by them. I can't imagine how annoyed they would make me if I had gotten a ticket from them also.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

It's not like this is the only law that upsets me, it's just that it's something new and something they are just pulling out of their ass in a way. Like you said, I acknowledge that people are stupid and most can't drive on their phones but I'm also an advocate of legalizing weed to use your example. I don't even smoke it but I think it's a great idea to make it legal.
    fair nuff rage on little friend.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Isn't there a Mythbusters episode about this? Not that their research is an end-all, but they found talking on your phone to degrade your driving ability on the same level as driving drunk.

I've heard that stat passed around before, I wouldn't doubt it being true. Talking on the phone is definitely worse than driving high I think.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fryte View Post
    Isn't there a Mythbusters episode about this? Not that their research is an end-all, but they found talking on your phone to degrade your driving ability on the same level as driving drunk.
    There are about 9001 studies proving the same thing on the interweb. It's not even handling the phone that is bad, it's giving up your focus on the road to focus on the conversation.

I've got arrested multiple times for driving with phone (it's been illegal for about 4 years here), almost lost my license then I finally got a hands free kit and have had no problem with cops since then. (They really don't care about the bluetooth set / handsfree)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fistandantilus View Post
    I remember hearing something about the lights going away, but I'm not sure if that's true or just rumors.
    found the audio link. current WA state rep Chris Hurst, former cop wanting to change the red traffic camera lights law.
    http://www2.kisw.com/sites/default/f...st01-27-9A.mp3
    interview starts @ 28:45 mark.

BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Quote Originally Posted by Velgadess View Post
    found the audio link. current WA state rep Chris Hurst, former cop wanting to change the red traffic camera lights law.
    Freaking sweet. I hope this happens. I'm scared to even make right hand turns on these red lights.

BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Quote Originally Posted by Fryte View Post
    It's also said that driving tired is the same as driving drunk. Pretty soon they'll be monitoring our sleep patterns and giving us tickets due to sleeping only 4 hours the night before you drove to work.

BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Quote Originally Posted by Velgadess View Post
    On a side note, I like how the public wifi connection at my work blocks KISW due to "Radio, Lingerie/Bikini" WHERE MY ROCK GIRLS QQ

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Theraven View Post
    Are you really that stupid or just trolling? Drinking obviously doesn't make you a better driver and you obviously shouldn't be driving while intoxicated. If you're trying to imply that talking on your cellphone equates to being intoxicated then YOU obviously shouldn't be talking on your cell phone while driving. If you are capable of talking on your cell phone and not be impaired then I don't think they should punish you just because there are a bunch of stupid people who don't have the self control to not talk when they're driving if they can't do it without being distracted. Next thing you'll be advocating a law that makes listening to and singing along with the radio/mp3 player in your car a primary offense because hey, some people get distracted while doing that too right?

edit to post above:

Notice I said and people like you? If those other 5000 idiots are driving dangerously they should be pulled over for driving dangerously, regardless of the cause. If you get distracted and pull out in front of people when talking on your cellphone then you shouldn't talk on your cell phone and drive, whether there's a law against it or not. Have some common sense please.
    Notice I said I zone out when I talk on a cell phone and drive does this mean when I drive I use my phone? No it does not. In fact after I realized this and got a bluetooth headset and now I keep my focus on the road and the conversation comes second. The people that are pulling in front of me are the idiots holding their cell phone and not looking while pulling out which seems to be most of the fuckers around here that use their phone while driving.

Ridill
    BG Level

This is one of the dumbest bitchfests I've ever seen on BG.

Following traffic laws is hard.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    This is one of the dumbest bitchfests I've ever seen on BG.

Following traffic laws is hard.
    Agreed... Following traffic laws is really fucking hard. I mean cmon who wants to pay attention to the road anyway? Just hit the fuckers... 20points amirite?

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Don't be mean plow.