+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 94
  1. #1
    BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    500
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

    Stupid new law about to pass in WA.

    For all you in Washington, what do you think about driving while on your cell phone being a primary offense? I think it's absolutely retarded.

  2. #2
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,798
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Dontkare View Post
    For all you in Washington, what do you think about driving while on your cell phone being a primary offense? I think it's absolutely retarded.
    I have to say when I do talk on my cell I do get distracted and zone out so yes.

  3. #3

    I thought it had been a primary offense for a long time now? Anytime I see a cop car while on the phone I always just say "cop" and drop the phone casually and pick it up when I'm clear. I thought this had been a law for a long time, so I don't really care lol.

  4. #4
    BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    500
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikith View Post
    I have to say when I do talk on my cell I do get distracted and zone out so yes.
    Well see, the reason I find it stupid is that they are claiming they are doing this because it makes you an unsafe driver and a danger to others. But it doesn't go on your record at all if you get pulled over for it. To me, it seems like a bs way for the state to screw us out of more money and call it safety. Just like those stupid photo enforced lights.

  5. #5
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,477
    BG Level
    8

    I hate fuckers on phones, anything that keeps them off of it in any situation makes me happy.

    also, this is my cousin or was http://www.kcoy.com/global/story.asp?s=10799780

    Bitch was texting and now he be dead. But seriously i fucking hate people on cell phones in cars or even on sidewalks i get pissed off when i see my mom on a cell phone in a car too, even though she has an "immunity" since she is a doctor and allowed to take calls from patients regardless of the law. However her fiance is a doctor which means if a cop pulls her over for talking to her fiance she can just say she is talking to a doctor.

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Dontkare View Post
    For all you in Washington, what do you think about driving while on your cell phone being a primary offense? I think it's absolutely retarded.
    Sounds like a fine idea to me, long as it includes the handsfree sets too, the distraction is being on the phone...not holding it.

    The only thing people should be doing well driving...is driving.

  7. #7
    BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    500
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

    Quote Originally Posted by Fistandantilus View Post
    I thought it had been a primary offense for a long time now? Anytime I see a cop car while on the phone I always just say "cop" and drop the phone casually and pick it up when I'm clear. I thought this had been a law for a long time, so I don't really care lol.
    It's been a secondary offense for a while, but it's about to switch to primary.

  8. #8
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,477
    BG Level
    8

    Oh yea, fuck people who put on make up in the car too, i once saw a guy with a book taped to his steering wheel .

  9. #9
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    428
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikith View Post
    I have to say when I do talk on my cell I do get distracted and zone out so yes.
    Then you (and people like you) should have the self control to not talk on your cell phone while driving... Not all of us suffer the same problem.

  10. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Theraven View Post
    Then you (and people like you) should have the self control to not talk on your cell phone while driving... Not all of us suffer the same problem.
    Yeah, drinking makes me a better driver too.

  11. #11
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,268
    BG Level
    8

    Should have been a primary offense to start, this is a good move.

  12. #12
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    512
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I can understand people bitching how its just more $ for the state but I think its a good law. You can fucking kill people being distracted.

  13. #13
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,585
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Just don't like the stipulation that involves blue-tooth headsets or any other hands free peripheral. Makes it kind of hard to pretend to be listening to your wife while going to a strip club across the beltway.

  14. #14
    BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    500
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

    Quote Originally Posted by Theraven View Post
    Then you (and people like you) should have the self control to not talk on your cell phone while driving... Not all of us suffer the same problem.
    Exactly, I think people should be smart enough/have common sense enough to know that they are not capable of doing something and not do it. I know and accept that there are a ridiculous amount of stupid people out there who don't care or think about anything and will do it regardless but to me it's just like the seat belt issue. I understand that one is a big time safety concern but at the same time it just feels like a restriction of freedom to me.

  15. #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Dontkare View Post
    Exactly, I think people should be smart enough/have common sense enough to know that they are not capable of doing something and not do it.
    No lie, that has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever read. If you were smart, you'd have the the common sense to know that, and not post it.

  16. #16

    Hasn't it been this way in NY for a while? Just use speaker phone.

  17. #17
    BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    500
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

    Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    No lie, that has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever read. If you were smart, you'd have the the common sense to know that, and not post it.
    Way to stop reading after the first sentence.

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Dontkare View Post
    Well see, the reason I find it stupid is that they are claiming they are doing this because it makes you an unsafe driver and a danger to others. But it doesn't go on your record at all if you get pulled over for it. To me, it seems like a bs way for the state to screw us out of more money and call it safety. Just like those stupid photo enforced lights.
    Oh my god I fucking hate these, they are absolute bullshit. They have them almost everywhere around where I live now, everytime I go through a major stop light I see a flash or two, EVERY TIME. They are way too overzealous also, I see cars going in yellow and they will go off if the car is in the intersection when it switches to red. I've never been hit by one but I feel bad for any people who do.

  19. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dontkare View Post
    Way to stop reading after the first sentence.
    Oh I read it, it didn't change anything.

  20. #20
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,555
    BG Level
    7

    Can't drive and talk on the phone in Oregon anymore, gotten use to it so I don't care much anymore. Or is your law counting hands free devices too now? If so, sucks to be you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag