+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ending [SPOILERS]     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

that actually really confused me throughout the whole game, if they turn to crystal for eternal slumber, then how the fuck do they keep waking up out of it

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle View Post
    that actually really confused me throughout the whole game, if they turn to crystal for eternal slumber, then how the fuck do they keep waking up out of it
    Yeah this is why I thought they'd be able to wake up (Fang/Vanille) all the other characters did it and they already did it once. Howevever I didn't think about cocoon falling....

Since cocoon got evacuated it would be ok if cocoon fell though. So I still hold by my wish for a happily ever after ending. Still though, this ending was really good and I was happy with it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Cocoon falling is like a meteor falling into earth (hiya FF7 reference). It would be like FF13 meets the dinosaurs' fate.

Until Cocoon is actually broken down and that pilar they are in serves no purpose anymore, then they might wake up. Considering how slow they were with rebuilding Cocoon after Fang blew a hole in it 500 years ago, breaking it down should be alot easier for them than what had to pass as "rebuilding".

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Just think. They have to rebuild Pulse and shit ><; must suck.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I so was expecting to see Snow/Serah wedding at the end, but oh well, the ending still looked pretty awesome :D

I love Light's real name, too >.>

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

My favorite scene

my fav scene was the one where snow and lightning are in a field and there are a bunch of floating white spike flowers. that scene was the best looking scene in the game.

but yea i was like WHAT THE FUCK happened to vanille and fang. that shit was crazy. i liked it

but this is what i think happened their focus was to destroy cocoon. but by destroying the fal'cie they had no focus. and lost their brands. i think correct me if im wrong

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

There is that one scene on the palamacia(the chapter where you save sazh and vanille).

where vanille is hugging Fang and vanille is holding Fangs tit ^^

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What I still don't get is why Light and the rest of them got out of crystal stasis... just because Vanille told them to? >.>

And if the Fal'Cie are gone, then why did Vanille and Fang turn to crystal?

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

While the bosses were interesting looking (and I loved the music), the ending CS was made of just ultra badassness, and the end was so awesome and sweet. A shame we didn't get to see the wedding D:

And something tells me all the Fal'Cie aren't really gone. Gotta remember that Vanille and Fang were imprisoned in their crystal stasis for hundreds of years, so that gives Cocoon plenty of time to rebuild. They may have teamed up with another band of heroes before this particular team. We'll never know.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

According to the analects they were alone back then and were put into crystal stasis by the maker before they could fully complete their focus.

All fal'Cie aren't dead, just the ones on Cocoon. The whole crew got their focus from Pulse fal'Cie, rules still apply.

Maybe it isn't the fal'Cie that call it when they get out of crystal stasis, but the maker, considering she can put them in it too (they refer to her as the goddess/the maker in the analects). As for Vanille saying "wake up" and they wake up. Vanille became the goddess? Don't think so, more likely the maker just cut them some slack the moment Vanille said it, since Vanille and Fang technically didn't do anything different from 500 years ago when they were interrupted by the maker. The maker wanted Cocoon up in the air then, it still is now, just without fal'Cie and everybody from Cocoon has to get along now with the people from Pulse. One big happy family =D

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Short but sweet. I liked the ending personally.
    Great game, I already miss it lol.

I also have to say that I loved the story... I did wish for the ending to be a bit longer, ie. showing you Snow/Serah's wedding, but I'll survive. I don't understand how people didn't give this a 9 and above..
    Agreed, the wedding could have been a montage during the credits. I like how Sazh says "I guess this counts as wrecking Cocoon" or something to that effect. I do remember though, Cocoon's shell was the only thing fucked up by the lava and crystals, isn't the main populace of Cocoon inside the shell? If so, they would be perfectly alright. If not, then bittersweet ending. But I'm assuming the best, since I think the intention was a happy ending.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I thought the ending was good too but there's one thing that I didn't understand. Why/how were their l'cie tattoo changed into the white one that fang has? Was there an explanation that I missed earlier in the game stating why fang got hers like that? (my guess would be because she half completed her focus or some shit)

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I figured it was a mark of being on your second focus.
    That, or the mark changes based off whether you're a Cocoon l'Cie or a Pulse l'Cie.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fayttt View Post
    That, or the mark changes based off whether you're a Cocoon l'Cie or a Pulse l'Cie.
    While that is true, the Cocoon l'Cie mark looks totally different. You can notice him in one of cutscenes with Dahj I think. It also appears on some doors in Eden - the flower thingy.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fayttt View Post
    I figured it was a mark of being on your second focus.
    I dont think either of those are true. Vanille was on her second focus and hers did not change, it was only Fang.(unless I missed something again) and the other reason someone already explained.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I do remember though, Cocoon's shell was the only thing fucked up by the lava and crystals, isn't the main populace of Cocoon inside the shell?
    Fang and Vanille warped the remaining people and the animals out before they turned into Ragnarok.

Also there is no second focus. Fang and Vanille were still on their first before they got interrupted by the maker, who turned them into crystal.

What the exact deal is with Fang's mark: It is mentioned that she is a broken l'Cie. What this exactly means? No clue. We do however know that she was in the process of completing the focus 500 years ago and wanted to become Ragnarok alone so Vanille didn't have to do it. However becoming the full Ragnarok required them both. So Fang's effort was in vain. The same could probably apply for the other 4 when they got the white mark like Fang: they didn't fully do what was expected of their Focus, so it became "broken". Later they did what was expected (save Cocoon from the Ragnarok) so they turned to crystal, woke up and the mark disappeared. Fang and Vanille did what they were supposed to (call Ragnarok together) and were turned to crystal.

I think that is how it is.

I still think the other 4 really turned into Cie'th ;x By Fang preparing to become Ragnarok, they failed their focus of saving Cocoon... When she turned back, their Focus was possible, so they turned back into Human, with their brands sealed, like Fangs (remember the whole when your eye opens on the brand you become a Cie'th malarchy? Well, the eye is closed over on the sealed brand~) But Vanille's wasnt afaik~ she hadn't become Ragnarok~

I always thought that Fang and Vanille's Focus was to become Ragnarok and destroy Cocoon, Serah's was to bring together the people who would go on to save Cocoon and L/H/S/S was to save Cocoon....

Life on cocoon was essentially destroyed after the Fang/Vanille do their thing~ The fal'Cies are dead, so life cannot be sustained on the planet.. they removed all life from Cocoon when they became Ragnarok.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Except they didn't really turn Cie'th, it is even said in that very cutscene that it was Barthandalus playing tricks on Fang to get her mad so she'd become Ragnarok. After they came back as humans they said they were ported to some dark place, where Barthandalus put them.

Blackice

Quote Originally Posted by Kumbai View Post
    I still think the other 4 really turned into Cie'th ;x By Fang preparing to become Ragnarok, they failed their focus of saving Cocoon... When she turned back, their Focus was possible, so they turned back into Human, with their brands sealed, like Fangs (remember the whole when your eye opens on the brand you become a Cie'th malarchy? Well, the eye is closed over on the sealed brand~) But Vanille's wasnt afaik~ she hadn't become Ragnarok~

I always thought that Fang and Vanille's Focus was to become Ragnarok and destroy Cocoon, Serah's was to bring together the people who would go on to save Cocoon and L/H/S/S was to save Cocoon....

Life on cocoon was essentially destroyed after the Fang/Vanille do their thing~ The fal'Cies are dead, so life cannot be sustained on the planet.. they removed all life from Cocoon when they became Ragnarok.
    Except the whole "fal'Cie smoke and mirrors" that is said a few times.

Just completed it. Overall the ending was great but as half of the posters mentioned i didnt really get much of it lol, but i got the general Gist :D

Guess its time to do all the side Quests.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast