Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    i'd rather DLC than a sequel. FFXIII has a lot of expandable content that doesn't have to be story related.

They could extend gameplay simply by letting u go back to areas in Cocoon and so on. Sure it may not seem very canon but then again completing the game to unlock the final crystarium, then loading back right before the final boss isn't either.

I'd love to see them add a FMV replay gallery, music gallery, some more marks, optional but non-canon fights..

However, the idea of a prequel would be pretty cool. Though it'd probably be a very contained story of Vanille and Fang from centuries ago.. and of a very different style since they're so backward in terms of technology.
    Well.. the more missions I do the more backstory you can read in the datalog. They are actively trying to create a backstory for the world of Pulse. Either because they already are planning on creating another game in the exact world (Versus/Agito) or they are just plain setting themselves up for some sort of prequel/sequel. I would just guess that Versus is going to be set on Pulse a thousand or more years before 13. Maybe show how Cocoon was built and became enemies of the Pulsian people/Fal'Cie.

A DLC would be decent, but honestly, a lot of people wouldn't pay for a comprehensive "mission" DLC for 13. The story is what they are there for. I am enjoying doing the missions, but at some point I will just say the hell with it and move on to a new game. If a DLC involved finding which Fal'Cie originally marked Vanille and Fang (we are led to believe its Anima but it may not be) and defeating them in order to uncrystalize them, that would be an interesting "mini story" that would be infinitely fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Just because they can make a sequel doesn't mean they should. You'd break more about what was loved in FFXIII but trying to extend the story in some shitty way.
    qft

--

Just wanted to go back to the talk on what happened during the "fal'cie smoke and mirrors, party turns to l'Cie" portion of the ending. The more you go back and actually pay attention to that CS, the more it is clear to me that the reason why Fang's mark is white is because the Maker interceded and stopped her the first time and then the Maker interceded with the group to bring them back thus making their mark's white as well. They speak of someone "showing them the way" and "light" and such. ie its an allusion to God helping them out (yes in JP version they just plain called it God).

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I enjoyed the story. Although, I'm in the same boat as everyone else with the ending's length. I would have liked to see Snow/Serah's wedding, with Hope reunited with his dad and Sazh snowing up with his son riding a chocobo.

I did find it a little depressing that EVERYONE has someone waiting to greet them except Hope.

The only DLC I'd get for this game would be CS '6 months later' sort of thing, or something much later showing Snow and Serah having kids named after Fang/Vanille.

I feel a sequel would just drain the enjoyment of the series. What will they do, go on a quest and have the Pulse Fal'cie show them the way to free Fang and Vanille? It would be X-2 all over again.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Can't say God here in America or people would find that offensive.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

liked the ending.

my only comment on the game as a whole is there is a lot of things that aren't explained directly or not even the datalogs at all.

for example, i don't recall ever reading or hearing on a time length of 500 years, but apparently thats the length fang and vanille was frozen for. Also another thing is where did we learn that the Maker freed them on day 1? the list goes on, and i think the datalogs were just a cheap way of giving us all the information we needed without having to make more cutscenes, which i didn't like.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    Except they didn't really turn Cie'th, it is even said in that very cutscene that it was Barthandalus playing tricks on Fang to get her mad so she'd become Ragnarok. After they came back as humans they said they were ported to some dark place, where Barthandalus put them.
    That was already Orphan, not Bart.

As for what Kumbai said, L/H/S/S's focus wasn't to protect Cocoon, but to destroy it... same as Fang and Vanille. They are still Pulse l'Cie. They simply decided that they don't want to serve the fal'Cie's needs and change their path by protecting Cocoon instead. It just so happens that the only way to protect Cocoon was to kill Orphan, who happened to hold Cocoon together lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just beat the game after putting it off for a long time to have Omega weapon* level because I'm a fag. Anyways, I really, really, really enjoyed the ending and thought it was a fantastic game overall.

Really hope for DLC / sequel or somehow though, would be amazing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    That was already Orphan, not Bart.

As for what Kumbai said, L/H/S/S's focus wasn't to protect Cocoon, but to destroy it... same as Fang and Vanille. They are still Pulse l'Cie. They simply decided that they don't want to serve the fal'Cie's needs and change their path by protecting Cocoon instead. It just so happens that the only way to protect Cocoon was to kill Orphan, who happened to hold Cocoon together lol.
    At that point it was a fused version of Eden, Barthandalus and Orphan. It didn't get destroyed untill after Lightning and the crew came back from that little hole Barthandalus put them in and where they got out thanks to the maker as Niwaar said.

I still think the focus of the 2 groups was different. Fang and Vanille were supposed to call the Ragnarok and Lightning and the crew were supposed to protect the people from Cocoon from the Ragnarok. There was no need for fal'Cie to call "new" people for their Ragnarok when the other 2 were awakened 13 days before that. If they were needed for the Ragnarok, they'd be up there in that crystal pillar besides Fang and Vanille. And not out of crystal stasis on the ground chilling with the people who escaped savely from Cocoon thanks to the crew's efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    At that point it was a fused version of Eden, Barthandalus and Orphan.
    I actually thought it was Orphan (middle), Bart (right) and his "bird" Minerva (left).
    Unless Minerva is Eden... is that explained somewhere? That part was a bit confusing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh Minerva, I just assumed it was Eden. Reason I assumed that is because throughout the story she (silently) allowed everything that Barthandalus was doing. Didn't see Minerva mentioned anywhere.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Just because they can make a sequel doesn't mean they should. You'd break more about what was loved in FFXIII but trying to extend the story in some shitty way.
    QFMFT

see FFXII:RW

--

also, the bird is Menrva. Its like an extension of Bart, but who knows.. it could be where Barts real power lies.

Really, i think the idea of the story not telling you everything is that it wants people to speculate how things really came to be. Its easy to tell it exactly how it happens but that takes out the discussion value in it. Kinda like with literature in a sense. You'll notice that they used this in pretty much every single FF. There are always mysteries that they intentionally do not solve for you.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ooooh that bird lol, I was thinking his "girlfriend" when Nevex said "bird" lol. Well yeah that makes sense now, carry on XD

How could I forget the owl flying into the water lol.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just beat, would have preferred the Cieth/Fang Rape ending to be honest. Not that it was bad, but it was a "HOLY FUCK" moment that turned into an "oh, ok". Few things:

-Reminded me of Halo(lol?). Entire game: MUST STOP HALO FROM BEING FIRED. End: We have no choice... FIRE HALO.

-As for the Ragnarok/Merged Eidolon argument. Does it matter?

-Crystal Stasis isn't for eternity. Fang/Vanille already woke up once because they half assed their focus the first time(?yes?). Raines woke up because Bart made him. Serah & Dajh & l'Cie crew woke up.. for whatever reason. There's no reason to believe Vanille/Fang wouldn't wake up again.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I was hoping for a DBZ FF9 Legend of Dragoon trance style SSJ power rangers fight where everyone turns blue/white with huge wings looked like raines when he went c'ieth and blew shit up.

2nd form of last boss I killed in 1:30 in first stagger without casting a single heal.... Weak.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I wish the ending wouldve featured Captain Rygdea, but i guess he died after shooting Raines? Rygdea was coolest NPC, and best male from the whole cast.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Just beat, would have preferred the Cieth/Fang Rape ending to be honest. Not that it was bad, but it was a "HOLY FUCK" moment that turned into an "oh, ok". Few things:

-Reminded me of Halo(lol?). Entire game: MUST STOP HALO FROM BEING FIRED. End: We have no choice... FIRE HALO.

-As for the Ragnarok/Merged Eidolon argument. Does it matter?

-Crystal Stasis isn't for eternity. Fang/Vanille already woke up once because they half assed their focus the first time(?yes?). Raines woke up because Bart made him. Serah & Dajh & l'Cie crew woke up.. for whatever reason. There's no reason to believe Vanille/Fang wouldn't wake up again.

To me it does not add up why they are in that form to start with. The only reason they would be is if the marks are still on them, seeing how they killed whatever put the marks on them I do not understand it really. Everyone else lost their mark,all of them and that is why we see the ones that are turned into crystal come back to *life* as to why fang/vanil stay as they are? That I think is something we have to just overlook unless SE does come out with a 13-2 to explain it.

As it stands it does not add up one bit. Unless I am missing something? Its one of two things

1)we have no clue how the marks are gone

or

2)we have no clue why fang/vanil are crystal form.

One needs to be answered in order to understand the outcome at the end fully.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elona View Post
    I wish the ending wouldve featured Captain Rygdea, but i guess he died after shooting Raines? Rygdea was coolest NPC, and best male from the whole cast.
    He's a Cieth wandering the halls of Orphan's Cradle

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I can't believe how many people think Fang and Vanille are lesbian lovers. Even more shocking, some people really believe it was "obvious?" Like really? There wasn't a single line of text or gesture or anything that even came close to hinting this imo. In anycase, the ending wasn't really what I expected. It was an ok ending but I really expected it to be longer and to tie up more loose ends. Possible sequel coming someday? That said, the entire game was a lot of fun, I don't understand why people hate on it so much. Going around doing the sidequest stuff now and I'm well over 50 hours in. I'd like there to be more sidequest stuff to do but I suspect missions and capping out my characters will keep me busy for a long while. I think this is easily one of the best FF's I've played.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I thought the ending was good. I think a lot of the 'mysteries' can be solved by a godly intervention.
    I thought the Orphan thing was a bit strange; why would he defend himself if he wanted to die? Unless it was something about Fal'cie nature again. It seems like the Ragnarok saving Cocoon possibility was one they hadn't considered, so no matter how he died, it would have had the same effect. Big crash!

Overall on the story... I enjoyed the different presentation, of being a fugitive and not necessarily exploring town.
    I thought that a lot of characters were poorly developed, though. I should say the non-main characters, at least; I think overall, the main characters were actually reasonably developed and showed decent change overtime (more so than other FFs). But Cid Raines? The head of Psicom? That chick that fucked over Sasz? Who the hell are they? They barely had 1 minute of cutscene time, at best, and we didn't see them otherwise. This was a glaring weakness; I didn't care when I killed Cid because I had no idea really who he was and what he had done for me.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I didn't really understand the whole Orphan thing at the end either. Was it just as planned for Bartandelus to get merged with Orphan at the end in order to force them into killing it?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Well I think it was the Fal'cie couldn't just let themselves die. So they had to put up a fight at least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast