Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I think it's funny that the whole point was to go against bart and not kill orphan yet they do it anyway.

We will not kill orphan and doom cocoon to cause the maker to come! But we will kill orphan and doom cocoon and get really lucky about saving it!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I think it's funny that the whole point was to go against bart and not kill orphan yet they do it anyway.

We will not kill orphan and doom cocoon to cause the maker to come! But we will kill orphan and doom cocoon and get really lucky about saving it!
    In the end they had to, it was that or doom the world to follow down the path over and over. They turned to kill orphan in order to stop the cycle in hopes they could end it.

At first they did not want to because it would doom cocoon but in the end they found it to be the only way.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, the entire game is based around trying to fight/change your destiny. The Focus you receive when you are branded by Anima is something you fight throughout but seems to be impossible to beat (at least Ch9+ when you realise that all of your actions are futile due to Dysley's manipulation).

Indeed, in the end part of the game you DO end up becoming Ragnarok (sort of) and Cocoon is more or less destroyed (though the whole world isn't) so in the end you can't beat your Focus. Though for all of his scheming, Dysley was manipulating you through a loophole in his own "Focus" (Fal'cie cannot kill Orphan but l'Cie can) yet his plan fails when you use a loophole of your own (Your Focus: Ragnarok yes, destruction of Cocoon yes ... destruction of world? Not so much).

At least that's the way I read it. I can't tell whether I have just misinterpreted it or whether it's deliberately left ambiguous.

As for the marks coming off the team and Van/Fang staying in crystal--the whole point of the team was that Van/Fang ballsed up their first try, so Dysley brought together a team to do it for real. Maybe since their duties were over and they were no longer needed, they lost their mark?

Vanille says something about them waiting for a new dawn at the end. Not sure if that's referencing the one they just made, or sleeping to fight another day?

Goldberg

Ok just completed and left somewhat in amazement yet dissapointment also.

I dont think Fang/Vanille are lovers.
    No wedding? surely this would have been blatantly obvious to add in?
    Best c/scene was obviously the crew & there Eidilons wrecking shit up.

Ok now wtf im back at Bart entrance fight? im confused, do i have to run all the way back to do my last crystal stage?
    I can re-do Final boss whenever? Like when im maxed out or?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't have to run all the way back. Just go out of the white room and you will be in the area with teleports.

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    I can't believe how many people think Fang and Vanille are lesbian lovers. Even more shocking, some people really believe it was "obvious?" Like really? There wasn't a single line of text or gesture or anything that even came close to hinting this imo.
    Lines are not everything. There are plenty of scenes throughout the game that suggest that may be engaged in a lesbian relationship (body gesture etc.), but they're simply not going to openly state something like that.

I'm not saying that they necessarily are; they probably intended players to speculate over it, just like many other things in other FF games (like, where the multiple Vivi's come from in FF9's ending? How did Ramza/Alma save themselves at the end of FFT? And things like that).
    It's one of those FF arguments that are bound to persist until the end of the time and will just cause lots of trolling on the internet.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    Lines are not everything. There are plenty of scenes throughout the game that suggest that may be engaged in a lesbian relationship (body gesture etc.), but they're simply not going to openly state something like that.

I'm not saying that they necessarily are; they probably intended players to speculate over it, just like many other things in other FF games (like, where the multiple Vivi's come from in FF9's ending? How did Ramza/Alma save themselves at the end of FFT? And things like that).
    It's one of those FF arguments that are bound to persist until the end of the time and will just cause lots of trolling on the internet.
    I guess my gaydar doesn't work for video games because I didn't sense that at all. They seemed like close friends that were worried about each other's safety to me.

People are trying too hard to read them being into lesbians because they wanna see the sextape. It's a Frodo and Sam situation. They were partners on a journey centuries ago, spent the centuries frozen, and woke up to nothing left of the life they knew before hand except each other. Of couse they're close, but I don't think they're bumping fuzz.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sarial View Post
    People are trying too hard to read them being into lesbians because they wanna see the sextape. It's a Frodo and Sam situation. They were partners on a journey centuries ago, spent the centuries frozen, and woke up to nothing left of the life they knew before hand except each other. Of couse they're close, but I don't think they're bumping fuzz.
    But it would be a lot cooler if they were.
    http://content9.flixster.com/questio...661611_std.jpg

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    In the end they had to, it was that or doom the world to follow down the path over and over. They turned to kill orphan in order to stop the cycle in hopes they could end it.

At first they did not want to because it would doom cocoon but in the end they found it to be the only way.
    So doom cocoon or doom cocoon, it is a tough choice. I woulda just went home.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I can't believe how many people think Fang and Vanille are lesbian lovers. Even more shocking, some people really believe it was "obvious?" Like really? There wasn't a single line of text or gesture or anything that even came close to hinting this imo.
    I think the massive amount of suggestively lesbian fanart and comics of the two would disagree with you. Not to mention, look at the way Fang rides a chocobo and pushes the levers in Tae'jin's Tower. It just screams "Fuck your shit, I'm a dyke, I do what I want".

Personally, I just thought they were doing the classic JRPG thing where they never blatantly state two characters are paired off, but the frequency they mention how much they 'care' for one another makes it obvious to anyone playing the game.

On an unrelated note, I never really understood what the driving force was for a l'cie to even complete their focus. You either turn into a cie'th if you fail (i.e. braindead until someone kills you) or a crystal if you succeed (i.e. braindead for 'eternity'). Obviously for the group it was different since they learned they could revert from crystal form eventually, but the average person probably wouldn't know that. Maybe that has something to do with the 64 l'cie loafing around Gran Pulse instead of actually doing their focus.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The way fang sits on a chocobo is the way a girl in a dress is suppose to sit horseback...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    But it would be a lot cooler if they were.
    http://content9.flixster.com/questio...661611_std.jpg
    ...Well, yeah.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I think the massive amount of suggestively lesbian fanart and comics of the two would disagree with you. Not to mention, look at the way Fang rides a chocobo and pushes the levers in Tae'jin's Tower. It just screams "Fuck your shit, I'm a dyke, I do what I want".

Personally, I just thought they were doing the classic JRPG thing where they never blatantly state two characters are paired off, but the frequency they mention how much they 'care' for one another makes it obvious to anyone playing the game.

On an unrelated note, I never really understood what the driving force was for a l'cie to even complete their focus. You either turn into a cie'th if you fail (i.e. braindead until someone kills you) or a crystal if you succeed (i.e. braindead for 'eternity'). Obviously for the group it was different since they learned they could revert from crystal form eventually, but the average person probably wouldn't know that. Maybe that has something to do with the 64 l'cie loafing around Gran Pulse instead of actually doing their focus.
    I thought they mentioned that l'cie that completed their focus would wake up after their crystal sleep?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I thought they mentioned that l'cie that completed their focus would wake up after their crystal sleep?
    The main characters in the game knew that, but not until around halfway through the game. It seemed like it wasn't common knowledge among the l'cie. Lightning thought for quite a long time that since Serah became crystal, she was gone for good.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Meh ending. Not as bad as FF7 though ->

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I suppose it's the lesser of two evils. I'd rather be in a static state than turned into a ravenous monster who might kill my friends/family/etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do you rather turn into a hideous monster or into a crystal that will be revered by your people if you have a choice?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Do you rather turn into a hideous monster or into a crystal that will be revered by your people if you have a choice?
    Yeah, I'm sure the people of Cocoon 500 years ago just loved Fang.

Given the choice of 'murder the world and turn into a crystal' and 'turn into a monster', I wouldn't be thinking for very long.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast