+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Which weapons to upgrade!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ronfar View Post
    I think the pics are broken, or chrome is fucking up again.
    My bad, they should work now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Why is it when I look at Kain's Lance I think of a Felhound from WOW

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    You can get the lucky break, instant chain w/e you call it from accessories like Speed Sash, Energy Sash, hunter's friend, champion's badge and survalist catalog. You need only 2 of these items equipped to get lucky break. 3 is also lucky break. 4 and 5 items (which would include weapon) boost TP stuff too. So if you only want lucky break, you are fine with just 2 items and can rape the world with your Omega weapon instead of an tier2 Lionheart.

I'm not entirely sure it works this way since I never setup lucky break myself (though I could easily, just didn't have the need yet), but I assume it does work without the weapon and just 2 accessories. wether it procs more with more items, fuck if I know XD
    Yeah but, the only reason I use Lionheart is for that bonus, if I'm going to get the bonus just from accessories and not the weapon, wouldn't it be better to upgrade a different weapon into Ultimate form instead of Lionheart?

I just got a trapehawhatever, dunno which weapon to upgrade :<

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Yeah but, the only reason I use Lionheart is for that bonus, if I'm going to get the bonus just from accessories and not the weapon, wouldn't it be better to upgrade a different weapon into Ultimate form instead of Lionheart?

Assuming you use Lightning as a Commando/Ravager (which you should!), Lionheart is the best weapon for her.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

What I mean is, Lionheart-Omega gives 508 atk/magic, Wouldn't something like, the basic weapon with 620atk/magic be better, since you lose the lucky break combo ability? Unless you value the early break one which I don't really find that good...

Unless I'm misunderstanding how this works? :/

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I guess early stagger isn't too bad since I'm probably going to have to switch to fang main soon anyway, and ditch hope :<

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by [Cookies] View Post
    Assuming you use Lightning as a Commando/Ravager (which you should!), Lionheart is the best weapon for her.
    Personal opinion. I prefer the axis blade. Rapes with army of one plus I think it actually is making 5 star'n missions easier because of its lower attack power (higher attack power lowers timer) while keeping a killer atb growth rate.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Anyone remember where they found the Dragoon Lance?

For those wondering about the lost skill on the ultimate weapon lightning has, there is a list in this link of what stats you get and shows you don't lose anything but I am not 100% positive it is true.

http://ff-13.info/lightning-sword/

If it isn't what you're guys were looking for ignore me >.>

Still trying to decide myself if I should upgrade Axis, lionheart, or take my Helter up to cap

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is it worth it to do Organyx upgrade? Looked pretty strong and just got the drop off some bullshit but I have star level helter and I don't wanna waste my effort

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Is it worth it to do Organyx upgrade? Looked pretty strong and just got the drop off some bullshit but I have star level helter and I don't wanna waste my effort
    Maxed out to lvl 100 it has the highest STR/MAG but slower ATB

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Wakabo View Post
    For those wondering about the lost skill on the ultimate weapon lightning has, there is a list in this link of what stats you get and shows you don't lose anything but I am not 100% positive it is true.

http://ff-13.info/lightning-sword/

If it isn't what you're guys were looking for ignore me >.>

Still trying to decide myself if I should upgrade Axis, lionheart, or take my Helter up to cap
    You dont lose its innate built in bonuses, you lose its synergy bonus when makeing omega. Omega weapons dont have any synergy with accesories.

For example, equip a Helter-Skelter with a warriors wristband and you get 'Physical wall: 10', or an Enkindler with a Sprint Shoes and you gain 'ATB Rate +15%' or a Lionheart with an Energy Sash and get 'Random: Instant Chain'. On omega level you lose those added synergy effects.

Oh shit wow, that's what you guys were talking about o.O Is this kept on Ultima weapon? I just got lion heart and made it *.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yes it keeps it as Ultima Weapon, but not as Omega.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    That's what I said >.>

Considering I am 0/30 on that fucking bullshit (wtf is this?! Salvage?!?!). I'd suggest doing this with your 1 trapezo:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90118

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So, as severely "cost-prohibitive" as upgrading all the weapons really is, it's required to get Treasure Hunter, right? (I mean all 6 weapons for all 6 characters upgraded to their last form before ultimate, and then one for each character has to go into ultimate form...?)

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Only have to upgrade into the second weapon. You don't have to max that too, so it doesn't really cost too much.

oh good because I forgot that I made ultima weapon 35 and saved it x: but ultima now * and got sprint shoes on my whole party. Trying to decide if I should take Axis up rank 2 and * it as well. I might end up turning my helter into the omega weapon for the TH achievement.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    Yes it keeps it as Ultima Weapon, but not as Omega.

That's what I said >.>

Considering I am 0/30 on that fucking bullshit (wtf is this?! Salvage?!?!). I'd suggest doing this with your 1 trapezo:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90118
    I was thinking of upgrading Fang's (I guess tamer staff?) so that I could start using her sooner, and hopefully get strong enough to the point where I can do adamantoises without the dumb death trick.

Totally :< over tossing out Hope for Fang. WHY DO THEY MAKE FANG'S SYNERGIST SO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSES <3 hope ; ; oh well

edit: I also don't have the money to do that yet anyway

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ohhhh yeah... I forgot there was only 3 forms for each weapon. For some reason I thought it was like 5.

So that's, what, 8 weapons for each of the 6 characters? A total of 48 different weapons need to upgrade into their 2nd form (lv.21~26), then 6 of those 48 weapons need to go into their ultimate 3rd form (Lv.~64?) with 6 trapahezedoodads required for those.

Not to mention upgrading the form of each type of Accessory... I think there's like 45+ accessories not found as drops/treasures/shops.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~

Should I wait to use the axis weapon since I don't have Adamantite upgrade it? Missed it some where

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast