+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chocobo Digging     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chocobo Digging

I got access to chocobos and was exploring Gran Pulse more since it was a bit faster. I came across one dig spot, got my gold nugget. I came across a few other points where the "!" Appears but I searched for what felt like forever. There any "tricks" to find the dig spot better? It is getting annoying and frustrating now

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The ! bubble jumps up and down faster as you get closer to the treasure. Or you can just look at the map on gamefaqs.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Also there are 20 fixed spots on the whole map where they will pop. Of these 20 spots, it will pick 5 spots at random where the treasures will be. So once you know the spots the wobbly "!" is alot easier. Sometimes you get "!" that disappear the moment you walk left or right, it usually means they are up on a mountain somewhere close.

I think you need to load the zone again to reset chocobo digging after 5 treasures, but not sure. I didn't find shit when I went on a second run 20mins later, but did when I warped from north Pulse to central expanse.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Watch the Chocobo's head.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The treasures only seem to spawn on brown patches of grass. Whenever the "!" pops up, I look for brown patches in the vicinity and move from patch to patch while watching the indicator to see if I'm headed in the right direction.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Since there's a topic on this: What's the fastest way to respawn the zone? Does warping from the south area to the north area count, or do I have to warp to an area outside and then back in?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

oooooooshi the treasures respawn when you zone? I didn't know that I thought it was like FF9 world map and once you get a treasure that's it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Here's a map. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/928790/58966. I saved the game, quit and reloaded to respawn the spots. Working from the NW save spot down to the southern one, then to the NE save.

p.s. there is no way that Millerite is only a 12% chance

at least it's an easy way to make some gil, if you get even slightly lucky

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

9 digs, 3 Gold Nuggets (not including the guaranteed one from first dig). WHAT DO I WIN?