BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spoiler: show
    Really though, the movie was great. The main guy did a great job, but there could have been more predator action.

In every predator movie ive always wanted the preds to win, always. In this one it was kind of different. I was VERY surprized at the predator killing the other predator, I was shocked he wasnt saved alla AvP BS. That alone made the movie great.

In every predator movie there are always two endings, one for the movie, and one for the series. The movie ending: As stated I love when preds win, but damn, this movie actually made me want the human to win, I really think they did a great job with his character, and wanted him to beat the preds. That really surprized me. The series ending: Could have been better, in past pred movies it usually involves something with the pred history, or some big revelation, this one was only a 'continuation' with showing of a new season starting by showing more parachutes. I would have liked to see something related to 'the big picture' where we saw a glimpse of the selection process, or them getting ready to start a new season on their home planet or something.

Aside from that gripe, my only other was that there wasnt enough pred action (I guess there never really is for my liking), it just seemed short and to the point when they appeared, I would have liked to see more detail about them, their equip, specialities, differences, the fights, etc.

But yeah, id give it a B+ movie wise, A- for predator wise. Youre able to take more away from this movie if you understand the pred universe better, and have read the novels, etc.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    I'ts 5 o'clock.
    Time to rape some bitches!

Loved the movie, definitely worth seeing in theatres. Laurence Fishburne was great.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, saw this today, was cool. Kinda disappointed though about how there wasn't the human vs predator solo kinda thing like the 1st one. Well, at least it wasn't as drawn out. I loved that about the 1st though.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

this movie was everything my dreams are made of, holy shit. i even cheered for the slant. i hate slants.

only thing i didn't like about the movie:

The last fight between the main guy and the berserker predator I had some issues with. His idea of the flame wall hiding his heat signature was a GOOD idea. But the issue I had was when he had the mud on. He put on the mud to hide his heat signature, and it didn't. 2nd of all if he was trying to hide his heat signature why would he use a huge firewall?

only big issue, otherwise loved it :D

The Anti Miz

BG Level

not spoilering my post, if you read this and then cry you can go fuck yourself.

the only issue i had was with the "new season" beginning at the end. they were only there for like a day or two, does that mean there is a new season every day? if so i am no longer impressed by larry fishburn. either way that shit was the shit and when shane from the shielf called that predator a faggot and started stabbing it i was completely lunching out.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    only thing i didn't like about the movie:

The last fight between the main guy and the berserker predator I had some issues with. His idea of the flame wall hiding his heat signature was a GOOD idea. But the issue I had was when he had the mud on. He put on the mud to hide his heat signature, and it didn't. 2nd of all if he was trying to hide his heat signature why would he use a huge firewall?

only big issue, otherwise loved it :D

Perhaps the mud thing was a homage to P1? The flames definitely threw off the Predator's scanning device. I think it then switched to pick up vibration signals and that's when he saw his heart.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Season may be a general term.

It could mean a season is every few months, or a season could mean just a match. The humans won that match, so the Predators watching from their ship/planet sent down another round.

So there could be as few as 1 or 2 seasons per year, or as many as every other day, it just depends on how fast the match is won.

And yes, that whole last fight was a homage to P1. The mud was to intitally get the predator back in to the camp/circle without the guy being spotted, then once he was in the circle, the mud was no longer needed as he then encased the pred in flames.

The thing is though, unless he wiped the mud off, he would have been a black spot running around.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The thing is though, unless he wiped the mud off, he would have been a black spot running around.
    this. Running infront of heat with something that's supposed to hide your body heat.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

It was a homage ffs.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Topher Grace's character was meh, didn't like him very much. Other than that, I loved this movie.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

i thought topher was hilarious when he was like "I HAVE KIDS" and showed nikolai's children

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    i thought topher was hilarious when he was like "I HAVE KIDS" and showed nikolai's children

I liked Oleg Taktarov in this movie too.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

When they zoomed up on him, there wasnt much mud left on him.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I did a double take. Took a second to catch this, the song at the end. That's the song they were playing on the chopper at the start of one. I laughed.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The only thing I hated about this movie was how long it took to setup (the first 45 mins kind of dragged) The first 2 even while taking a while to setup didn't feel boring. The only other thing I hated was Lawrence Fishburne. Fucking worst role for him. It felt so out of place, and the acting was poor (intentional?)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well he had lost it by this point. I think it was him just being crazy. And that makes me think the "seasons" are a bit longer than they talked about above. I think they are "years" on this planet.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A person can easily go bonkers within weeks of isolation, fear, hunger, etc.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well I know that. I just think it was terribly written and acted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4