BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bik Pik
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

For Cor WS's

Slug shot w/ Martial, or Deto with either Martial or +dmg magian?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by BroodIfrit View Post
    How does Ancient Torque stack up against Sea Torques? Namely, Faith (for PUP) and Fortitude (for WAR). Fortitude is used under WAR/SAM, and right now I'm using Faith on both PUP/DRG and PUP/NIN or PUP/WAR. Wondering which, if any, I should replace with Ancient.
    For WAR: Ancient Torque w/o Aggressor, Fort. Torque w/ Aggressor. Throw in some situational mob shit and that rule varies, but that's typically a good way to do it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    For WAR: Ancient Torque w/o Aggressor, Fort. Torque w/ Aggressor. Throw in some situational mob shit and that rule varies, but that's typically a good way to do it.
    So with that rule, I'd assume Ancient with PUP/WAR, Faith with PUP/DRG. Thanks!

BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Quote Originally Posted by Bikpik View Post
    For Cor WS's

Slug shot w/ Martial, or Deto with either Martial or +dmg magian?
    Depends on what you are fighting probably. Against birds my friend was doing 2300-2500 dmg slugs with martial /war. He used to use detonator with Martial and only did like, 1500. Switched to using slug more when he got more Racc gear and hasn't gone back. Even still though, slug tends to miss more on COR even with Martial gun. I would say it's more of a personal preference. I know this is only anecdotal evidence but it might help.

tldr; friend pumps out higher damage with slugs, but misses more.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by BroodIfrit View Post
    So with that rule, I'd assume Ancient with PUP/WAR, Faith with PUP/DRG. Thanks!
    Yeah that should work out fine

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Soho View Post
    I just finished my OAT Bradamante and I'm looking for some advice on Gear Sets.

I'm Mithra, 8/8 Polearm and this is what I'm currently using:
    http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...rk/DRGSets.jpg

The grip is Sword Strap which changes Delay on Bradamante from 507, back down to 492.

I realize that I still need N.Legs or Ares Legs as well as N.Feet for Drakesbane.

My main questions are:
    1. I've seen discussions on diminishing returns for stacking DA. So, is Brutal Earring DA a waste when I'm already @42%+ with OAT Bradamante and Askar Body? If yes, then Assault/Aesir?
    2. I probably have too much Acc in both sets (413 for TP and 419 + Light Gorget for Drakesbane). If leaving Brutal Earring on, should I use Aesir Ear Pendant instead of Assault Earring for TP?
    3. If removing Brutal Earring, Assault/Aesir or Aesir/Triumph for Drakesbane?
    4. What about Cuchulain's Mantle vs. Forager's Mantle for both TP and Drakesbane?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Fuck sword strap for drg, it's like 0.01% better than pole grip.
    If you use Pole in your setup you only need 19/22STP for gimp/true 6hit, meaning you dont need lolaskar body.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Fuck sword strap for drg, it's like 0.01% better than pole grip.
    If you use Pole in your setup you only need 19/22STP for gimp/true 6hit, meaning you dont need lolaskar body.
    Well, I only have 6 Store TP apart from Askar Body (Rajas/Brutal) when you'd need 7 Store TP (in addition to /SAM) for True 6 Hit. Any other slot I could throw Store TP into (Neck, Ring, Ammo) doesn't seem worth it for what I'd have to lose in that slot (Love Torque, Blitz Ring, Black Tathlum).

You guys keep saying lolAskar or whatever, but nobody has mentioned anything "better" apart from Aurum... And is that really better when I don't need Accuracy?! >.>

And yes, I've seen math that showed the Sword Strap being only marginally better than Pole Grip, but that wasn't done on a weapon that already had 40%+ DA built in. From what I understood, DA has diminishing returns when you stack it.

Could one of you math guys that did the work on this already please respond here? I'd <3 you long time.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

to soho: (last page)

the 3% DA from brutal is calculated as

100runs, 142hits. addin brutal, it goes from 142->147 hits, which works out at 3.5% DA still

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post

100runs, 142hits. addin brutal, it goes from 142->147 hits, which works out at 3.5% DA still
    Ohhhh... That makes sense. I understand now.

Thank you sir!

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post

What? No.

Bradamante's proc rate is 40% and does not stack with Brutal Earring, so Brutal's effective proc rate is .05*(1-0.4)=0.03=3%. Actual DPS increase during TP phase is 143/140=2.14% increase with Sword Strap and Aurum Cuirass. Even with Askar and Pole you'd still want to use Brutal over Aesir.

Pole Grip's effect on DPS is also reduced by 40% during TP phase with Bradamente, so Pole v Sword is no longer a sidegrade. Sword Strap is better.

Askar v Aurum: if the accuracy is really and truly not a factor, it's 5 STR 12 attack 1.4% DA vs 8 STR 15 attack when using Bradamante, which becomes 1.4% DA vs 0.75 fSTR 5.25 attack. Mithra with STR merits have 72 STR, 10 from Hasso, and you're TPing in 14 (17) STR; your total attack with pizza is 454 (459). Even at high fSTR (worst case scenario for Aurum) you're looking at a ~2% increase to TP phase damage by using Aurum Cuirass. Askar's 1.4% DA is a 144.4/143=0.97% increase to total DPS before accounting for TP overflow; after a very rough compensation for overflow your TP phase damage would need to be ~40% of your total DPS for them to be equal; anything below that favors Askar and anything above favors Aurum. Again, this is completely ignoring Aurum's 6 accuracy, the fact that Aurum would be a bit better in situations where fSTR is not so high as I calculated, and the fact that you'd probably want Aurum anyway as it's a nice WS piece.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    What? No.

Bradamante's proc rate is 40% and does not stack with Brutal Earring, so Brutal's effective proc rate is .05*(1-0.4)=0.03=3%. Actual DPS increase during TP phase is 143/140=2.14% increase with Sword Strap and Aurum Cuirass. Even with Askar and Pole you'd still want to use Brutal over Aesir.
    cool, didn't realise they didn't stack.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    He can't! He needs Bushi for Kaiten!
    abyssal for catastrophe actually, i really miss my suppa :/

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Soho View Post
    Well, I only have 6 Store TP apart from Askar Body (Rajas/Brutal) when you'd need 7 Store TP (in addition to /SAM) for True 6 Hit. Any other slot I could throw Store TP into (Neck, Ring, Ammo) doesn't seem worth it for what I'd have to lose in that slot (Love Torque, Blitz Ring, Black Tathlum).

You guys keep saying lolAskar or whatever, but nobody has mentioned anything "better" apart from Aurum... And is that really better when I don't need Accuracy?! >.>

And yes, I've seen math that showed the Sword Strap being only marginally better than Pole Grip, but that wasn't done on a weapon that already had 40%+ DA built in. From what I understood, DA has diminishing returns when you stack it.

Could one of you math guys that did the work on this already please respond here? I'd <3 you long time.
    Bodies that are better than askar:
    Ares
    Homam
    Aurum
    Wyrm+1

Sword is 3.09% increase. At 40/60 TP/WS+Jump split, pole with the oat lance is about 2.11. So with OAT lance sword is just under 1% increase, not the 0.1% I quoted.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Ares
    Homam
    Aurum
    Wyrm+1
    Uh... why?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Askar v Aurum: if the accuracy is really and truly not a factor, it's 5 STR 12 attack 1.4% DA vs 8 STR 15 attack when using Bradamante, which becomes 1.4% DA vs 0.75 fSTR 5.25 attack. Mithra with STR merits have 72 STR, 10 from Hasso, and you're TPing in 14 (17) STR; your total attack with pizza is 454 (459). Even at high fSTR (worst case scenario for Aurum) you're looking at a ~2% increase to TP phase damage by using Aurum Cuirass. Askar's 1.4% DA is a 144.4/143=0.97% increase to total DPS before accounting for TP overflow; after a very rough compensation for overflow your TP phase damage would need to be ~40% of your total DPS for them to be equal; anything below that favors Askar and anything above favors Aurum. Again, this is completely ignoring Aurum's 6 accuracy, the fact that Aurum would be a bit better in situations where fSTR is not so high as I calculated, and the fact that you'd probably want Aurum anyway as it's a nice WS piece.
    That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to break that down for me!

Ares
    Homam
    Aurum
    Wyrm+1
    That's an incorrect blanket statement. You'd have to give up your 6 Hit build or lose other valuable gear to wear either the Ares or Homam bodies /SAM. Wyrm +1 is probably the only body worth doing that for, and unfortunately, I don't have that piece yet.

Nightfyre explained above (with math) the situations when Aurum would be better than Askar.

Guess I need to run some parses to determine TP vs WS ratio.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

No, with 507 delay, you only need 19/22 for gimp/true 6hit. rajas+Brutal is enough, if you completely whiff your WS and dont land enough hits to have 6hit with that 21STP then you can swap in wtath.

Also, the upgrade from askar to one of the listed bodies (depending on the circumstances, obviously ares is only good if capped acc, homam if uncapped and wyrm+1 if you have good buffs and capped acc) is a bigger upgrade than btath over white tathlum. I know you love your Btath because it's nice and expensive, but it's a minor upgrade piece.

Homam is obviously superior if you're fighting something with uncapped acc. There will be times where you're close enough to acc cap that pizza+1 isn't worth it over a proper meat, likewise there are still mobs where you will be uncapped even with pizza (admittedly not many, but the Thf Formor King and byakko come to mind).

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm pretty sure on this whole thing but I want to be 100% positive.

So I'm currently leveling PUP and I was wondering which is better for Endgame PUP: Shenlong or Mythic. I'm thinking they're both situational.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Claymore Grip vs. Pole Grip on Warrior when your main WS is RR.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

@Nightfyre:
    Along this same line of questions then, would you mind showing the math comparing these two TP setups below?

All the same gear as my original post (OAT Bradamante) with Sword Strap and Aurum Body vs. Pole Grip and Ares Body (assuming situations where I'd still have capped Acc and also be Ok dealing with the gimp 6 Hit build).

Thanks in advance for your time. I appreciate the input.

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast