1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 0 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 9 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh View Post
    Anyone know how a nvidia GT240 compares to those specs? I have a low profile PC so it's hard finding video cards... -.- Got this one, recently released and it has 1gb VRAM.
    It falls in the same general range as the minimum cards mentioned.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Didn't SE already say that Alpha would require much higher requirements because the code isn't optimized? You guys are worrying about nothing.

desolation yes hesitation no
    Bait of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    i wonder how this baby will run on a ps3 i have a brand new ps3 250GB slim so i know i'm golden but what about the 40's and 80's

... /please let this be a joke I am not privy to.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

To all the people worrying about their processor.. really, don't. The difference between core2+the latest chips isn't even noticeable unless you run multiple GPUs at crazy low settings.

And I hate installs that dump shit into my Documents folder. Impossible to keep that shit clean with all the random bullshit being tossed there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

minimum spec's are low, since thats only going to go down as the game gets closer to retail.

My Spec's:
    Processor: i7 964 Extreme (4x 3.2 GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
    Motherboard: Asus P6T Intel X58 Chipset Crossfire & SLI Supported
    Memory: 6 GB DDR3-1333 Triple Memory Corsair XMS3)
    Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 2GB

Maybe for max settings I'll buy a new Graphics Card or just dual run em, but I doubt I'll need to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    And I hate installs that dump shit into my Documents folder. Impossible to keep that shit clean with all the random bullshit being tossed there.
    This 1000x, I have my Documents folder on the B Drive since i use my SSD exclusively for the C, but I was thinking about putting FFXIV on the C drive to make it just that much faster, but fuck if it has to read from my B drive

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Maybe they ment that as minimum requirement to run the game

Core2duo? is like 2004-2005 "topend PC" ;/
    Hmm... maybe that's what was the best available when they started work on XIV.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Meh, I was hoping for more juggernaut specs, since this game is apparently trying to be "prettier" than AoC. I don't trust SE's grasp on designing systems for anything outside of Nintendo and Sony products, especially when they have to port to other systems (just look at the slash-job they did on FFXIII).

Ah well, we'll see if its going to be another 7 years of spaghetti code and leaked memory.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by McGoonagle View Post
    Hmm... maybe that's what was the best available when they started work on XIV.
    Sounds about right. FFXIV's code name Rapture was revealed at around that time, wasn't it?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Meh, I was hoping for more juggernaut specs, since this game is apparently trying to be "prettier" than AoC. I don't trust SE's grasp on designing systems for anything outside of Nintendo and Sony products, especially when they have to port to other systems (just look at the slash-job they did on FFXIII).

Ah well, we'll see if its going to be another 7 years of spaghetti code and leaked memory.
    Well, they wouldn't want the specs to be to much of a hurdle because they want as many subscribers as they can get. I believe that the graphic options that you can switch on/off will be much larger than were avail for FFXI for those of us that surpass recommended specs.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm going to assume this has the same info as the OP, so just cite it as confirmation.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...43040536_0.png

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I expect the game to scale very well to low - high end machines. So I'd expect to need to have a pretty beefy computer in order to play the game on max

Probably the first or second useful thread in this section. Thank you, OP.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I honestly do hope the game scales well and that those are the minimum requirements (pre-optimization). I know the previous movies were all CG / In-game CG but I'm hoping for something a bit nicer looking than what those specs could handle.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    I honestly do hope the game scales well and that those are the minimum requirements (pre-optimization). I know the previous movies were all CG / In-game CG but I'm hoping for something a bit nicer looking than what those specs could handle.
    Since when does Minimum spec's mean recommended specs, and since when does recommended spec's mean u can play the game on max w/just meeting those requirements.

SE has stated that older computers will be able to run the game, but if you want to rly showcase how pretty the game looks your going to need a pretty up-to-date computer

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Keep in mind also that the alpha will be locked into a 1280x720 window. Although I'd guess this might be haxable through the registry.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

"Intel Core 2 Duo (2.4 GHz)"

That's exactly what I have lol. My desktop of two years was only mid-range at the time however.

I don't own a graphics card, so I can't decide whether to put one in plus a new PSU since I doubt mine is powerful enough to handle the additional component, or simply get the PS3 version and save money.

Advantage of PS3 version is I can multi-task with my PC quite effectively as they share the same screen, difficult to do that with PC version when I just meet the minimum CPU spec. But the PC version will have prettier graphics so it's tempting.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    Keep in mind also that the alpha will be locked into a 1280x720 window. Although I'd guess this might be haxable through the registry.
    Very much doubt, if possible at all, resolution could be changed with a "registry" hack. Sounds like the resolution is locked at an engine level, likely to make sure all the assets work properly in 16:9 first.

for comparison, here are the recommended specs for Crysis warhead:

Recommended System Requirements
    Operating System: Windows XP/ Vista
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
    Memory: 2GB RAM
    Video Card: 512MB RAM and Shader Model 3.0 support
    nVidia GeForce 8800 GT
    Disk Space: 15GB
    Sound Card: DirectX compatible

If the specs in the OP are the minimum for the alpha/beta, it's a pretty hefty game.
    If what they've said is true, that the beta req's are higher than retail will be, due to not being optimized, or not having all the settings in place, we could assume these will be close to what the recommended retail settings will be, so Warhead might not be a bad benchmark. At least until testers can actually get in the client and report what performance is like.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Guess this game will finally make me upgrade my current bottle neck of a system (video card is a 8600GT.... running with 6gb of ram, on a q6600 quad core) -.-

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Sholin View Post
    Very much doubt, if possible at all, resolution could be changed with a "registry" hack. Sounds like the resolution is locked at an engine level, likely to make sure all the assets work properly in 16:9 first.
    Could be, not sure.. Could go either way. hell the FFXI engine supported up to 2048x2048, yet the game was locked down to 1024 (I think?)

but dunno, they may have locked at the engine we'll have to wait and see :O