+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Abyssea HNMs     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Awesome Kaeko!

I just did another Lamprey Lord in North Gustaberg. The little bugger popped on Zegham Hill, so I pulled him up to the monument on the top floor and kited him around that.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's a "piss easy" fight. Don't need to pick us for anything.

Melee Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nermie Boy
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I never troll! (Aside from this one post)

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    Just did the Doomed NM is Xarc present using the same sort of terrain glitch. If anyone's interested, I don't have the screenshots and the write up (have to do 3 of these now), but if you go to present day Xarc (H-7) upper floors, look for 3 evergreen trees that are bunched in a triangle. Mobs get really, really confused there. Took ~32 minutes with Chainspell on RDM/NIN (probably didn't need to sub /NIN except for the pull). I would imagine this being a really easy COR solo as well.

Got the +10DEF earring but no abyssite

Pretty sure 15,000HP on the dot.
    Thanks!!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I just got Feuerunke to 75% in a half hour on COR/NIN... it takes about 33% less damage from QD than normal, which made it really slow going. Each QD did about 160-170 for 1-2% damage. I'm switching to COR/BLM now, making sure not to forget my ice obi, and giving another go.

I think any nuking/dot job could solo this too as long as you had some form of MP recovery/refresh. Whenever it casts Slowga, you have plenty of time for a nuke. I plan to use that time for Bio 2 casts when im /BLM.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkow View Post
    whats the best DD for Yilbegan ....

tried using 4 blus to cannonball it down ... but it seems really bad ... 200 plus per cannonball =(
    RNGs and BLMs are best that I've seen. Thinking about sticking two DRG/SAM on it next time, just having them stand in front of him and melee him full-time (since -ga III spells are AoE on target they shouldn't be getting hit with anything except Dark Star and the occasional Meteor). With Ancient Circle and Angon to help bring down its defense a bit and High/Super Jump to help them not pull hate, it may be enough to negate his Regen completely despite his high defense.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

WAY faster on Feuerunke with COR/BLM. Just kept Bio 2 on and used Fire Shots on firesday. Took about 50 minutes, only got hit a few times, nothing Dancer's Roll couldn't patch up quickly.

Got lolearring and upgrade. :D

As an aside, it never resisted QD until about 45 minutes into the fight, and then I started getting a lot of 50% and 25% resists. It's possible he starts into a rage mode around that mark.

Just got INT ring on Cerb, main dmg was indeed RNG + BLM tossing a few 1k nukes here and there, easy fight. Hate is weird sometimes tho like it would run after me after i stopped shooting it for 3 mins, maybe some move has hate reset?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Just got INT ring on Cerb, main dmg was indeed RNG + BLM tossing a few 1k nukes here and there, easy fight. Hate is weird sometimes tho like it would run after me after i stopped shooting it for 3 mins, maybe some move has hate reset?
    It doesn't have any hate reset unless it's one of those directional TP moves that never hit us. Your tank probably took too much damage too fast and you were second on the list after it decayed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Just tried ping ponging both Erebus and Feuerunk (with two rdm/nin), failed both miserably

I didnt try kiting in the trees but i did try one of the backbones near biast pop.

Feue moves to fast to kite around a backbone and Erebus dropped shadows too fast to do much of anything. Any suggestions?

Like seriously, lol he beat me like a schoolgirl...

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Cooleko View Post
    Just tried ping ponging both Erebus and Feuerunk (with two rdm/nin), failed both miserably

I didnt try kiting in the trees but i did try one of the backbones near biast pop.

Feue moves to fast to kite around a backbone and Erebus dropped shadows too fast to do much of anything. Any suggestions?

Kaeko's terrain trick?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Kaeko's terrain trick?
    I didnt try Kaeko's, I just tried using a backbone.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I didnt try Kaeko's, I just tried using a backbone.
    I'm offering Kaeko's strategy as a suggestion.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bonewalls are too short for Feue. Try the slopes if you are near it or pull it to demon stands. Or the trees mentioned.

Erebus is easier. Slow2 it and just stand apart and make sure you keep it in the element you want after each nuke. You need to have mdt set for it or else you will fall quick.

MNK/NIN and RDM/DRK can easily duo Erebus. Keep it in fire mode and Stun Firaga. The fight is much more manageable with only one DD feeding TP.

Out of the topic, I am not sure whether it's ok to ask the question here so feel free to delete this part. With Fastcast/Haste gear and RDM's Haste my stun recast is usually 26-28 secs. I noticed when we fought Erebus it went up to 34+ for no apparent reason. Initially I thought it's caused by failed gear swap due to Stun short recast so I made some changes to SC script, and it didn't fix the problem. About 5-10mins into the fight, Composure icon randomly pops up and I have to manually cancel it. It's really weird and I really can't find an explaination to it. I do use "scanner" to locate VNM though.

Also Skillchain will force Erebus to change element. Found out the hard way. We got hit by silencega after BLU did detonation on Erebus which wiped us.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Silly Shadida, you should duo those with a better COR like me!

P.S. I've noticed that even though these mobs have movement speed, they have the most retarded pathing ever which is fine by me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    I'm offering Kaeko's strategy as a suggestion.
    I'll try it again when i get some more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfoxster View Post
    Bonewalls are too short for Feue. Try the slopes if you are near it or pull it to demon stands. Or the trees mentioned.

Erebus is easier. Slow2 it and just stand apart and make sure you keep it in the element you want after each nuke. You need to have mdt set for it or else you will fall quick.
    I didn't realize the bones wouldnt be enough, he was pathing really well around them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taruking View Post
    MNK/NIN and RDM/DRK can easily duo Erebus. Keep it in fire mode and Stun Firaga. The fight is much more manageable with only one DD feeding TP.

Out of the topic, I am not sure whether it's ok to ask the question here so feel free to delete this part. With Fastcast/Haste gear and RDM's Haste my stun recast is usually 26-28 secs. I noticed when we fought Erebus it went up to 34+ for no apparent reason. Initially I thought it's caused by failed gear swap due to Stun short recast so I made some changes to SC script, and it didn't fix the problem. About 5-10mins into the fight, Composure icon randomly pops up and I have to manually cancel it. It's really weird and I really can't find an explaination to it. I do use "scanner" to locate VNM though.
    Tried Feue with a mnk and it was a joke because no tomahawk. but ill see if erebus goes a little better.

Odds are you were laging and didnt see composure up the whole time.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Just solo'd both Erebus and the Doomed thing in Xarca as Rdm/nin. Using Kaeko's terrain trick, taking the mobs to the Three evergreen trees at H-7 (when you go up ramp, hug the left wall and you'll find them), it was a very easy pinning tactic. The doom is pretty straightfoward, just blizz 3 when you can and keep bio/poison on while pinning around the three trees. For the bones, you want to run out of range of aga if you dont have an mdt set (which I did not) and when it uses single target spells switch its element during cast so that it nukes itself. For instance, keep it in fire mode and when it starts casting Fire IV, cast Water I on it, then Fire after the casting is complete. Also, if you have time/mp you can toss Thunder III's on it followed with a Fire I to put it back into Fire mode. Depending on how often it nukes itself, the bones can be a pretty quick fight (took me about 20min) and the doom toad took about 30. Good Hunting!

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

hmmm guess it is time to look into a mdt set for my RDM.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by BME View Post
    Just solo'd both Erebus and the Doomed thing in Xarca as Rdm/nin. Using Kaeko's terrain trick, taking the mobs to the Three evergreen trees at H-7 (when you go up ramp, hug the left wall and you'll find them), it was a very easy pinning tactic. The doom is pretty straightfoward, just blizz 3 when you can and keep bio/poison on while pinning around the three trees. For the bones, you want to run out of range of aga if you dont have an mdt set (which I did not) and when it uses single target spells switch its element during cast so that it nukes itself. For instance, keep it in fire mode and when it starts casting Fire IV, cast Water I on it, then Fire after the casting is complete. Also, if you have time/mp you can toss Thunder III's on it followed with a Fire I to put it back into Fire mode. Depending on how often it nukes itself, the bones can be a pretty quick fight (took me about 20min) and the doom toad took about 30. Good Hunting!
    Do you think Erebus could be done with COR/BLM just by changing its element?