+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Big Planet 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And for some Butler goodness, it's been awhile: http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/1537/

I can't wait to see what people come up with after a few months time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

got mine from the subway giveaway and i cant wait to play, i like how you can import all your info from the first one and its like nothing happened. im really excited to play more of this

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Well, my store hasn't gotten the Collector's Edition and neither has Warwick.
    Gamestop across the street is sold out of pre-orders.

Might have to travel around for that CE if we don't get it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

check amazon? idk they prolly aren't taking pre orders still but you could try

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Game isn't out in my area until the 18th unfortunately. ;/

Team Create is going to be so much better online without the shared-camera BS of LBP1.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

got through the first 7 levels, i love the puzzles they do with the grappling hook, learning how to swing with that shit was hard but awesome.

one thing i dont like is how you can't tell the difference between community levels made in 2 since it shows all of the LBP1 levels too, unless they put LBP2 in the tags its gonna be hard

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is MM keeping their story levels simple platforming action like LBP1? The trailers give off the impression that all the new tools were simply added for the sake of making level creators' lives easier for more of the crazier shit they try to produce, which I honestly have no problem with.

Mainly asking if there are any surprises to be had for those of us who aced LBP1.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

yea the story levels are set up like LBP so far, but acing some of the levels on this one is defiantly gonna be a bitch, like theres a new enviormental damage item called plasma and in some of the levels they use it to set off switches in some really cool ways, but it can kill you and it was really a bitch just getting through the level for the first time, maybe because my friend was playing with me but it was still hard lol.

also, with out trying i have 1 out of the 10 levels i've finished aced, if i actually tried i could probably have 4-5 aced but idc atm, i just wanted to try out new shit. the way they implement the new tools is pretty cool, like using the helmet one (im tired and dont remember the name lol) on one of the story levels and they give you cupcakes that stick to the wall and you gotta use them on some of the lifts like a weight balance, and the only tool i figure would be hard acing levels using it would be the grapple, but again im not very far so there could be some really hard levels later

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I wanna hurt you how did you manage to get the game 3 days before the stores will stop being dicks and not letting me have..

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

Subway give away winners. Got GT5 early, and now LBP2. Had it since yesterday morning but haven't bothered to play it yet..

Daddy Warbucks
    BG Level

Not out until the 18th here either, going to be a long 3 days.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hmm..LBP1 now and 2 later after price drop or just LBP2/CE now?

CE if bookends dont suck ass.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I had a mental hiccup and thought it said Little Big Adventure 3 ;;

Sea Torques
    BG Level

lol i know i feel special kinda lol, there were only 150 people playing and 3 of my friends asked how i got it early lol, funny as hell

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

As usual you get a free gift card for buying LBP2 on tuesday from TRU. If you buy lolBrotherhood(so random) with it its half off. I have, like, $25 of free money there but I have 40 dollars for gamestop so i'll be going there I guess.

This one I will actually TRY to platinum

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

Yeah I finally got in the mood to play it so I just gave it a go.

First impressions: The grapple hook is both awesome and a huge pain in the ass. It seems to target whatever the fuck it wants to grab sometimes. If you're playing multiplayer (online or off, doesn't matter) then it can be frustrating as it sometimes randomly decides to grab the other person rather than the thing you're trying to grapple. Certain mechanics still feel annoying, plane-switching, floaty jumping etc. I really like the versus mini-games they put in the game. Other than that, still feels a lot like the first game at the moment. The single player anyway. Oh and some cut scenes are voiced now too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i agree that its the same as 1 with a lot of new cool shit, i was watching some of the create tutorials and circuit boards for the sackbots is really in-depth, its crazy the amount of things you can program them to do. and a lot of the simple things that weren't in 1 like gluing multiple objects at a time, and multi selection so you can move more then one item at a time. im excited for the verses games people will come up with

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well that was unexpected. The Collector's Editions' contents haven't been gimped thanks to corporate greed with pre-order bonuses, so I'm sitting here with an EB Games pre-order voucher to give me content I already have. Kinda wish God of War 3's collector pack did the same thing instead of having jack shit in that plastic box I paid extra for. aside from the game itself ;/

Bookend is pretty damn cool, although I wish it was weighted a little more. It has cardboard cut-outs for the characters on it, which is fitting for the game's arts&crafts design. Just need to make some space on my shelf to make use of these....

Anyone playing btw? I wouldn't mind seeing how improved the online is this time around.

[EDIT] Dear god this is a lot sharper looking than I recall from the LBP2 beta.

[EDIT2] Aaaaand the game just broke itself, and I can't figure out how to fix it. Done everything short of deleting my LBP2 profile to try and resolve it.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...lbp2borked.jpg

[EDIT3] Apparently resetting the PS3 worked. Probably the first instance of a game bugging up I've had where that solved it. File corruption in the system cache perhaps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast