+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    It puzzles me when some people pull out the 'opinion' card on matters of discussing a book/movie/game/music that they have never actively participated in but find themselves opposed to the subject matter, and to those people I ask this question: If you saw a sign for a book club meeting and the topic of discussion was to be Stephanie Meyer (I'm picking a pretty safe hate-bet here, insert your own loathsome literary author for maximum effect if she's not on your hitlist), would you honestly seriously walk in there and tell the people at this club how terrible you think she is?
    Quoting myself cause qalnoob stole my page.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    It puzzles me when some people pull out the 'opinion' card on matters of discussing a book/movie/game/music that they have never actively participated in but find themselves opposed to the subject matter.
    I'm going by what I saw in the previews, as that is the only thing of the movie anyone has seen.
    Like I said, I am talking about the movie, not the comic, so I'd say it's safe to say that we both(all) have only seen the trailers, which is what I'm going by, as well as it is what you are going by when you say it's good, so in your situation you explained, why is it not okay for someone with a negative perspective to do that, but it is okay for someone with a positive perspective? Aside from the obvious "because they agree with me" answer.

No need to answer, because I'll do as you ask and not reply to this thread again, because well, honestly, no matter how I answer, no matter what I say, the only thing that will prevail is idiocy. You lose if you argue with a troll, lose if you don't argue, so I'll cut my losses and stop wasting my time.

Though I am extremely curious as to why this one subject is so taboo to criticism when almost every single thread ever created has someone giving negative criticism to said subject without it deriving into this nonsense. Hell, I'm sure I could find countless threads of Qalbert bitching about something. Has Scott Pilgrim attained Muhammad status?

But as I said, no need to bother answering. This thread can continue on with it's normal life, just as before. If you really want to, you can PM me some more "You Mad" pics.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    This thread can continue on with it's precious little life, just as before.
    ftfy

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

also if you don't understand the difference between voicing a negative opinion, and coming into a thread saying osmething "looks retarded and cheesy", then good luck ever having an intelligent discussion. It's fine not to like it, it's fine to explain why you don't like it. But posting the equivalent of "hurrrrr this looks dumb" does not promote any sort of discussion that you claim to crave so much.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

sure is pwned in here

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ignoring your argument, I have a question. I work at a book store part time and Volume 6 of the series was just released for us. I'm guessing it's the last volume?. Volume 2 has the same title as the movie and not having read any of the comics, I wanted to know if anyone knew how much of the comics the movie planned on covering? All 6 volumes? 3 now, 3 in a sequel? A trilogy covering 2 books each?

Clearly I'm not a big fan of the series, but it's caught my interests and I want to know more about it.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

5 volumes with an alternate ending.

23 years old

BG Level

So no sequels.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ahh, I see. Thanks for the info

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Both bookstores on the way home sold out, Amazon won't have new stock ready till Friday.

Shit sux.

23 years old

BG Level

Got the scan because of sellouts here.

Always Cabrón!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lor'enzo Sasha
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert
    Quote Originally Posted by souj
    This thread can continue on with it's precious little life, just as before.
    ftfy
    icwatudiddere...
    and I applaud you

Any newer info on the videogame?

Although after a little more wiki'ing... I'm expecting a good Movie Soundtrack considering Beck, Metric and Sonic Youth are scheduled to be doing some of the songs for the in movie bands.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenze View Post
    Any newer info on the videogame?
    New hd trailer from comic-con

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

none of the bookstores here have any in stock so I just used a gift card I had laying around to order off borders.com. Used the whole $20 on the card to get two day shipping rofl

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Saw the movie last night from comic con. Edgar Wright gave everyone who got a "1 up" pin a screening of the movie alongside the cast. I have never read the comic's but I really enjoyed the movie. Had a bunch of great sound effects thrown in and all the fights were very well done and gave a strong comic book / video game feel, complete w/ the "vs" logo's and all that stuff, but done right and didn't come across as cheesy or stupid at all.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Were you at the screening where Metric performed after?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    Were you at the screening where Metric performed after?
    yes, was a huge surprise. one of the biggest comic con exclusives Ive seen.
    Err yeah.. So didn't mean last night, meant Thursday evening

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

ign gave it 4/5 not that that means much, lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast