Page 263 of 499 FirstFirst ... 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 ... LastLast
    Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Pretty hilarious to ave a "Loss Forgiven" on that 4/3/3x Lulu match. I was embarrassed for my whole team that game. It started off with Kat mid and me and trist in bot. The enemy kayle showed up in bot, and noone else on the map. Suddenly, a wild Lux, Morgana and Nidalee all go to mid, with Smite Singed in top against our Wukong. Bot was hella easy, I held Kayle off our creeps up to level 3 while trist free farmed, but then i noticed Kat was having trouble against a triple mid. We had a Hecarim for jungle, so you know you can't rely on him. I told trist to keep free farming bot and I'll lane with kat for a while. After a few minutes, Kayle goes 5/2 against AP Trist and their whole team starts wrecking people, including Singed wrecking Wu in top. Eventually, I catch wind of their idiocy and we start racking up kills. Unfortunately, my team can't realize that I am probably the only reason they are getting kills, and they start trying to solo people, die, and feeding them more gold. In the end, my "great" record is nothing compared to a 25/x/1x Kayle and a team full of derps.

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    Yet you had 7 assists and participated in the least # of kills on the team? ;p

"Loss Prevented" seems to have replaced "Loss Forgiven" with this patch, it seems to be the exact same thing, just change of wording on the name.
    hahaha true enough, but a lot of it was me baiting at like 15% life so I just kited em around a lot/shielding myself (and allies - does that count for assists, or only heals?)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm pretty sure shielding allies works the same as healing them in terms of assists.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I believe Warwick even gets assists for having his bloodscent sight proc. I know Nocturne gets assists for using his ultimate.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    I believe Warwick even gets assists for having his bloodscent sight proc. I know Nocturne gets assists for using his ultimate.
    Think they took that out.

Wanted to comment on the casting discussion earlier on the page. I think a big problem is that League still doesn't have a real replay function. I know a lot of SC2 casters got noticed by casting replays of pros on youtube.

Strangely enough, while I find Phreak kind of obnoxious personally, I think he and Rivington(hate that name) make up the best casting team.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Joe "Joe Miller" Miller is the best by far. EU casters know their shit.

Jatt/Deman, best combo ever. Only casted one thing but it was by far the best casting job I've ever seen done in a League of Legends tournament.

Roll tide y'all
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    Rushing trinity after wriggles seems like an awful idea but its worked perfectly every game. I had someone rage quit and claim that warding doesn't even help when you run in with ghost and his movespeed ability, youre basically forced to flash
    Wriggles > Phage > finish boots > Zeal > Sheen > Trinity > Aegis > Maw > last item can really be anything. All situational.

I've only played two or three normal games with Hec, but the build works. Really hard to kill, and you still hit like a truck.

I suck major dick early game though, some how I always end up leaving lanes at like 40 health. But late game you shit on everything.

gonna have to agree with joe miller. i love his cs 1.6 shoutcasting

ES #1 HUE HUE HUE
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Super Bad
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

joe "joe miller" miller doesnt actually know his shit though. I think he is decent at acting like he knows what he is talking about and brings some decent energy(similar to rivington), but there needs to always be a high elo player or someone with advanced knowledge of the game there to commentate with those guys. This is why phreak and rivington are a good combo. Phreak used to be a fairly high rated player and even now he clearly watches a lot of high elo streams to keep up with knowledge of the game. Jatt and deman was also good for this reason. You would have Deman on one hand rambling most of the game about the basic things and then Jatt would chime in with some really advanced information about why they just did whatever they did.

Basically the reason we don't hate rivington and Joe Miller are because they dont try to talk about things they know nothing about. Their commentary consists of "Mid lane moving toward blue buff, they will definitely want to pick that up", "It looks like dragon has just spawned, we may be seeing a team fight real soon"

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

LoL has a ton of shitty terrible casters.
    So does Starcraft.

At least SC has a few really outstanding casters though :/
    So sad that OGN picked up moletrap lol, now that's unwatchable as well.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know it adds to the whole atmosphere and excitement, but sometimes it's just better to watch without commentary. I can see plainly well that Wukong is going in for the kill on that 10 HP Ashe.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Edit

Wrong thread lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rB4d View Post
    joe "joe miller" miller doesnt actually know his shit though. I think he is decent at acting like he knows what he is talking about and brings some decent energy(similar to rivington), but there needs to always be a high elo player or someone with advanced knowledge of the game there to commentate with those guys. This is why phreak and rivington are a good combo. Phreak used to be a fairly high rated player and even now he clearly watches a lot of high elo streams to keep up with knowledge of the game. Jatt and deman was also good for this reason. You would have Deman on one hand rambling most of the game about the basic things and then Jatt would chime in with some really advanced information about why they just did whatever they did.

Basically the reason we don't hate rivington and Joe Miller are because they dont try to talk about things they know nothing about. Their commentary consists of "Mid lane moving toward blue buff, they will definitely want to pick that up", "It looks like dragon has just spawned, we may be seeing a team fight real soon"

To be fair; this is what professional sport casters do. Think MLB, NHL, MMA; they all have someone who is capable of keeping commentary without it going stale. Rule of thumb is someone who can explain what they're doing and another one who can explain why they're doing it.

Anyways my favorite combo is Joe Miller + Zenon.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    LoL has a ton of shitty terrible casters.
    So does Starcraft.

At least SC has a few really outstanding casters though :/
    So sad that OGN picked up moletrap lol, now that's unwatchable as well.
    SC2 has enough good casters that any major tourney can dodge all the shitty ones. The major reason behind this is because SC2 is a sequel. If you look at all the best casters, they're former SC1 pros. LoL doesn't have that pool of former players to draw on because it's only predecessor is Dota, and from what I understand the only real pro-scene for that was in China.

What I think tournaments should do is something IPL already did in a limited fashion at IPL4 with Dan Dinh, bring in players who are between matches to team up with the "play-by-play" guys and give analysis. This lets the less knowledgeable caster just throw to the pro when he doesn't understand something or wants to fill time, like "we see the support just finished Shurelia's, what do you think they'll look to build next, Nhat?" That kind of thing.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    SC2 has enough good casters that any major tourney can dodge all the shitty ones. The major reason behind this is because SC2 is a sequel. If you look at all the best casters, they're former SC1 pros. LoL doesn't have that pool of former players to draw on because it's only predecessor is Dota, and from what I understand the only real pro-scene for that was in China.

What I think tournaments should do is something IPL already did in a limited fashion at IPL4 with Dan Dinh, bring in players who are between matches to team up with the "play-by-play" guys and give analysis. This lets the less knowledgeable caster just throw to the pro when he doesn't understand something or wants to fill time, like "we see the support just finished Shurelia's, what do you think they'll look to build next, Nhat?" That kind of thing.
    This isn't true

We have to put up with JP, Rob Simpson, at MLG this weekend for a start as well as a few other terribads.

I agree though, a solid play by play with a pro casting alongside is the way to go.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

What little exposure I've had to Rob Simpson I haven't minded, I found him kinda funny actually. That said, pairing him with someone like JP, who I think has no business casting in the first place, is pretty silly and I'm sure it's tough to watch.

Totally agree with your comments on Moletrap, btw. He was annoying in GSL and that was a game he at least had a grasp of.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Travis from state of the league:

Bad interviewer or worst interviewer?

I dont get why anyone would want to associate themselves with him on a professional level. His stream is boring, uninformative, and has a ton of awkward silences.

ES #1 HUE HUE HUE
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Super Bad
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I think he is a good interviewer.

travis talks like he is hosting the morning show at your local high school, he is awful.