Closed Thread
Page 283 of 499 FirstFirst ... 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 ... LastLast
    We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    A lot of people in solo queue use their summoners at the meer sight of a gank despite how futile it may be, ABUSE THEM.
    So. True. Whenever I duo with my friend I always gank his lane at level two for exactly this reason. If he or I land any CC it is almost guaranteed to cause a flash.

ES #1 HUE HUE HUE
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Super Bad
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Not really sure what all of that is about. I'm not saying support is the best to carry a team with I'm just saying you can carry your teams with support if you know what wins games. Several people have gone 2k+ elo playing only support by the way.

Roll tide y'all
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    don't play support, learn a mid that can roam and play that.

unless you're a god at AD, the above is the best way to win solo queue
    This, or get very good at jungling and just win every game. Honestly Naut jungle is the easiest to carry solo q as far as jungles go. His all around presence in the game is massive unless you get counter jungled THE ENTIRE game.

But in all honestly, you can play any lane as long as you have a strong champion that is able to roam. I've been able to carry ranked games playing Riven top. Mainly because of how good Riven is. She's honestly one of the only champions in my eyes that can have a not so good early game but come back and dominate late game. And her skill set of 2 CCs on very low cool downs makes her great in fights.

Also, Karthus is a great carry champion but you have to be a good Karthus. Any mid champion that doesn't rely on a pure burst is great for carrying. LeBlanc and Veigar are great for winning your own lane, and helping out other lanes through silence and stun respectively, but later game they can really only use their skill set to do tons of damage to one person. Veigar aoe stun is still useful, but not worth losing a mid champ that can be useful with damage the entire fight.

As far as carrying with an AD goes, it'll really end up coming down to how good your support is, or how bad the other team is. Runes and masteries will also be a big determining factor. But, from my experience in very low elo 1100-1300 you can run a kill lane bottom, 2 AD carries (one with some for of CC like ashe, or whatever) or you can do what I normally do with a friend to troll/double carry and go AD ranged with a CC bruiser (Renek, Naut) sometimes riven. And you can just roll the other team. Higher elo this doesn't work though because the IQ of players slowly goes up, until you reach 2100+ where no one cares and just trolls anyway.

Roll tide y'all
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rB4d View Post
    Not really sure what all of that is about. I'm not saying support is the best to carry a team with I'm just saying you can carry your teams with support if you know what wins games. Several people have gone 2k+ elo playing only support by the way.
    A lot of those people duo q with either their own AD carry or someone who jungles/mids and roam carries.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rB4d View Post
    Not really sure what all of that is about. I'm not saying support is the best to carry a team with
    Seemed that way since the discussion was basically how to best carry a team. Maybe I misunderstood.

if you know what wins games.
    Covered this in my original reply. It's farm.

Several people have gone 2k+ elo playing only support by the way.
    What Aeowin said.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    Steps to winning solo queue.

1. Pick an all around great hero. Something that scales well, is mobile, has very few counters. Use League wiki and do some math.

2. Last hit. Look at Doublelift. He doesn't always have the best laning phase but he farms like a mother fucking mad man and always closes the gap by mid to late game. So many times I've seen him start at 0-3 and still end up 8-3. Of course, he's Doublelift and is the sole reason for all of Vayne's nerfs but the point still stands! CLG's entire game strategy is all about putting aggression up top so Doublelift can farm the entire friggen game because they know that boy carries them.

3. Learn how to counter and shut down common solo queue heroes such as Ahri, Soraka, whatever. ie: Never playing AD heavy champions such as Cait or Graves against Soraka bottom, use something like Corki, Kogmaw, Tristana, even MF. Actually, Tristana is rape, just play her all the time.

4. Play mid or jungle, as everyone says. Map presence and being able to pick up your team's slack from these positions are crucial.

5. Play every game as if it's only going to last 20 minutes. That means, optimize your builds for the 10-20 minute mark, learn what milestones you should have (gold, items, etc) by each 5-10-15-20 minute mark. The game is very cookie cutter atm, you can reasonably expect your opponent to have a certain amount of CS, dmg, resist, hp by these intervals. Knowing exactly how many actions it will take to kill someone is the difference between wasting a summoner or using it effectively.

6. Wards. Seriously. Ask your team mates to buy wards, if they don't, buy it for them. Also, call your lane, thanks. ^_^. If you see an enemy ward, communicate this to your jungle and know exactly when the ward goes down.

7. Change your play style based on what summoners you have available and what your lane opponent has available. Also, learn how to EFFECTIVELY use your summoners and stop wasting them. Learn to use brush to juke instead of always relying on Flash to get out of a situation. A lot of people in solo queue use their summoners at the meer sight of a gank despite how futile it may be, ABUSE THEM.

8. Learn to play a consistent game. Many things are out of your control, LoL is 5v5 and is chaos theory at it's finest, all you can do is ensure your performance is consistent.
    Couple things I dont agree with here:

1. There is only one champ I can think of who is mobile, scales, and has few counters. Ahri. Maybe Irelia fits that description as well but I dont count her dash as being mobile.

2. While farming is the best way to get ahead. Dont strive for perfect CS. Ill miss some cs to chunk my lane opponent who went for a cs. After a couple one sided engagements you get free farm until they go back to heal.

3. 'Counter' picking is not always the best when you have low skill with the champion that 'counters' it. Just because Teemo counters Udyr top lane; Teemo is still a shitty pick. Just because LB 'counters' Ahri she is still a shitty pick when you're playing against a high hp enemy team. Its better to pick champions that you're comfortable with.

4. Agree completely.

5. If you built for 20 min games all you would ever see built is dorans, haunting guise, and maybe a large rod. Then transition into throwing 2k gold out the window.

6. How could anyone disagree with warding. Only thing: Dont go overboard with warding; buying 2 wards when you only need one is just a waste of gold possibly delaying a great buy. How many times have you been forced to back when you needed like 100 gold >_>.

7. In a competitive environment sure. But if you want to win your lane, the aggressor is the one who will win. Be aggressive 100% of the time and you will win your lane assuming you dont die to ganks every time the jungler comes for you.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    Couple things I dont agree with here:

1. There is only one champ I can think of who is mobile, scales, and has few counters. Ahri. Maybe Irelia fits that description as well but I dont count her dash as being mobile.

2. While farming is the best way to get ahead. Dont strive for perfect CS. Ill miss some cs to chunk my lane opponent who went for a cs. After a couple one sided engagements you get free farm until they go back to heal.

3. 'Counter' picking is not always the best when you have low skill with the champion that 'counters' it. Just because Teemo counters Udyr top lane; Teemo is still a shitty pick. Just because LB 'counters' Ahri she is still a shitty pick when you're playing against a high hp enemy team. Its better to pick champions that you're comfortable with.

4. Agree completely.

5. If you built for 20 min games all you would ever see built is dorans, haunting guise, and maybe a large rod. Then transition into throwing 2k gold out the window.

6. How could anyone disagree with warding. Only thing: Dont go overboard with warding; buying 2 wards when you only need one is just a waste of gold possibly delaying a great buy. How many times have you been forced to back when you needed like 100 gold >_>.

7. In a competitive environment sure. But if you want to win your lane, the aggressor is the one who will win. Be aggressive 100% of the time and you will win your lane assuming you dont die to ganks every time the jungler comes for you.

One thing I've picked up recently playing mid is that you don't need to ward both sides of the river yourself. If you buy one ward and ward either side, while your farming minions stick to the side that's warded(if you ward top river stay close to that brush). This will give you enough information to know when a gank is coming and help prevent it. While it's nice to see both sides, you can be very effective having info on only one side.

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I always buy/try to hold 2 wards while playing mid on and following my first back, and 3-4 as support

I usually hold 3 if I can on a support. When I'm top I put one @ drag and one in tribush. I start off with one in their bush bot though.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Just tried my first ever ARAM match and custom matches in general.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...fLegends33.jpg

You will notice that 2 of our members are severely underleveled. Rumble joined in when we were around level 5, dropped shortly after. Karthus on the other hand, joined in when we were around level 14. He sat back in 1 team fight and shot up to level 4. I started with mana manipulator because I didnt know wtf I wanted to do. Eventually, I realized that Athene's cup is broken in here and proceed to disable and nuke all day.

Needless to say, 3v5 or not, it was pretty fun.

Tonko

Speaking of ARAM

The Beta ARAM map. Looks pretty promising.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If they put a penalty on dropping queues in it then I'll love it but I still think ARAB's environment is better to me =x Has nicer back and forth moments

We'll seeeeeeeeeeee

Still no PFE

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

lol Riot gave 1k RP to people who lost some of their content temporarily (rune pages and such) but not to others XD lots of shitstorming on the forum

I'm kind of on the fence about this considering the long queues people had to deal with and teammates d/cing constantly even losing a bot matches over it. Ranked was disabled for days. Others had it worse than me though because I tried to leave my game running to avoid the queues when possible. The d/cs my teammates had were annoying though :X

oh yea STILL NO PFE /rage

Edit: Seems like after everything is fixed and back to normal they may think of compensating the others (if not including the 1000 rp guys too) according to a red post but we'll see

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think Riot shot themselves in the foot by giving IP boosts on Sunday for what was arguably the least bad thing that happened this week. Now everyone expects "compensation!!!" for everything that happened afterwards.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I actually think the boosts probably exacerbated the problem with more people wanting to get on and use said IP boost.

I've found myself carrying my team as support multiple times, but it also assumes my team-mates are at least mildly competent. Shaco and LeBlanc are notorious for carrying teams early ELO, though don't expect easy success passed 1600 or so.

Also, lol:

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I was watching that waiting for the epic Cass all the fangs first blood and.... sigh.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh my god I just cant seem to win lately. Dropped from 1900 to 1780 in one day lol. Baron bug, constant DCs, and now that school is out all the 11 yr olds are playing in the afternoons. I know I should probably just not play, but this is the only weekend I get in 2 weeks to play. >_>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Can someone explain or link to a guide that explains the pros and cons of using flat armor(or any other flat runes) vs per level ones? I'm confused on which is better and why.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Generally I don't see much use in armor per level runes, if you're in a situation where you need armor at the start you'd generally want to go flat armor, especially as a jungler or AD and most of the time top laner. Exception might be midlane I guess, not sure since I don't lane mid much anymore. But then you have to make sure you are a very annoying to gank champ like Morgana or Ahri post 6 incase the jungler rolls down to gank you.

Magic resist is a different story, if you're playing something like bot lane where you aren't going to be seeing much magic damage normally from your lane opponents it can be worth it to invest in, especially as a tanky support like Alistar or Leona where you try and position yourself in the enemy during teamfights. Generally depends who you lane against though, someone like Corki can put out both types of damage so you'd want a separate page for flat MR against someone like him. Someone like Graves/Vayne dont deal any significant magic damage though so going MR/lvl is a possible choice.