BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Whats a good build for kat? I can't make up my mind as to what playstyle I want to use with her.
    AD tends to scale better then AP from what I've seen, I don't play kat but i play with alot of people that do. AD will scale melee, bouncing blades and ult while AP will scale shunpo and ult. Most Kats i play against go AD and get ryali's scepter for slow on death lotus. Most the time you no matter which you play you will want to get scepter and banshee's veil.
    Veil is about the ultimate defensive item on most champions especially ones that initiate.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Note i have 538 games played and have been playing since closed beta this is a pug stomping guide none the less it will not help if you do not get kills early game.

Kat build for pug stomping:
    Mastery's: 0/22/8
    22 In defense
    8 in Utility

Giving her more hit points will allow you a stronger early game which is what she is all about.

Runes:

x3 Health Quints
    x9 Magic Pen Marks
    x9 Dodge Seals
    x9 Cooldown % Glyphs

Magic pen marks for early game ults.

SOLO MID
    I cannot stress how good kat is mid you should be taking it most of the time.

Items:
    Start: Doran's Shield, x2 Health pots

NQ Boots

*farm farm farm*

BF Sword

Sorc Boots

BF Sword, BF Sword

Now there are a few other options that are viable if people are getting away from ult, most of the time i will get a Rylai's Scepter after my 2nd or 2rd BF. Gank when you can. Getting kills on mid early is downright easy when you hit 6 with 1 kill and creep kills you should get a BF sword in 9-10 min after that faceroll.

Any questions ask.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    do any of you guys play blitz?.
    Blitz is a support and cannot by any means carry, there really is a simple way to build him tank/mana which is self explanatory for many reasons.

Build:

Boots of Swiftness
    Trinity Force *Building Sheen first*

After that Frozen heart or GA would be a great choice but if your having problems with a lot of AP users on the opposing team get banshee's.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Nama View Post
    AD tends to scale better then AP from what I've seen, I don't play kat but i play with alot of people that do. AD will scale melee, bouncing blades and ult while AP will scale shunpo and ult. Most Kats i play against go AD and get ryali's scepter for slow on death lotus. Most the time you no matter which you play you will want to get scepter and banshee's veil.
    Veil is about the ultimate defensive item on most champions especially ones that initiate.
    A kat that melees at all is a bad kat.

Ad vs AP is all whatever you prefer, I've seen AP go much further then AD personally.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kazehaya View Post
    Blitz is a support and cannot by any means carry, there really is a simple way to build him tank/mana which is self explanatory for many reasons.

Build:

Boots of Swiftness
    Trinity Force *Building Sheen first*

After that Frozen heart or GA would be a great choice but if your having problems with a lot of AP users on the opposing team get banshee's.
    no offense, but given circumstances any champion can carry. you're stupid if you think otherwise. i've seen soraka carry somehow(in a higher elo match at that.)

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

While we're talking about that, someone explain all this elo stuff to me please! Thanks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    While we're talking about that, someone explain all this elo stuff to me please! Thanks.
    Elo ranking is how matchmaker determines what games your put in and against who. Its the same system they use for ranking chess matches. You gain or lose points for each game you play based on if you win/lost and elo ranking of the opponents you played against.
    Some people have problems with it since it can result in games with mismatched players especially in solo queue when even if you do well your team can screw you and vise versa. Typically the higher ranking you get the less you solo queue and play more premades as enemies become harder and more coordinated.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

fuck yeah, season one starts next week!

Summoners,

As you are probably aware, we have been targeting the beginning of Season One as the beginning of a long future for competitive League of Legends. As the preseason is coming to a close, we wanted to take a moment to share with you the competitive features that you have to look forward to. Hopefully you’ve been spending this time leveling up, accumulating IP, and building relationships with other League of Legends players, because Season One is sure to test your mettle out there on the Fields of Justice. The features marked by the launch of Season One will serve as the cornerstone of our competitive efforts now and into the future.

* Ranked Games - Once Season One begins, summoners of Level 20 or above will be able to indulge in our ranked game system. At launch, ranked players will be able to join one of three queues: 3v3 Premade, 5v5 Premade, or 5v5 Solo. Players will receive an individual rating for each of these queues.

* Ladders - Once Ranked Play begins, players who choose to participate will have their Elo ratings displayed publicly on the League of Legends Ladder. On the ladder, players will be able to see just how they stack up against the rest of their fellow summoners. The ladder will be available on the League of Legends Community Site.

* Draft Mode - Champion selection during ranked play will take on the form of a live draft. In 5v5 premade and 3v3 premade, the first phase of this draft process will provide the inviter of each team with the opportunity to ban the use of two champions. Banned champions cannot be selected for use on either team, so choose wisely!

After bans have been dispensed by both sides, the teams will begin the draft process. During ranked play, draft picks will be exclusive, meaning that a drafted champion will not be available for play by the opposing team. The team who received the second ban will begin the drafting process by drafting a single champion. Following that, the game will follow a 1:2:2:2:2:1 draft format for the 5v5 brackets and a 1:2:2:1 format for the 3v3 bracket.

Through this system, we hope to encourage players to embrace a wider range of champions, allow for teams to effectively counter popular strategies, and develop a familiarity with their opponents and counter accordingly. Initially Draft Mode will be available both in Ranked Play and in practice games. Casual games still utilize blind pick during champion selection.

* Improved Visual Styles - Since our launch back in October of 2009, our UI Team has been hard at work improving the visual components of the PvP.net interface. With the substantial renovations required to support Ranked Games, now seemed like the opportune time to give the game a facelift. We wanted the new look for League of Legends to be brighter, more visually appealing, and easier to use. I could elaborate further, but I think that once you get a look at the accompanying screenshots their work will stand on its own.

While we consider these features to be essential to competitive play, remember that this is only the beginning! Post your questions below, and we’ll follow up with a Q&A next week!
    banning draft!!!!!!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Gonna be fun been waiting for ranked matches awhile and draft will be nice to counter certain teams and overplayed champs.
    On that note anyone here wanna make some teams for ranked play? I don't think ill enjoy ranked matches much solo queue.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is there any sort of tier list for the champions? Just messing around and thanks to this thread won a few 2v3s when someone disconnected on my team by abusing kat. <3

Also random Q on that note, what is AD/AP etc? that was discussed earlier?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    Is there any sort of tier list for the champions? Just messing around and thanks to this thread won a few 2v3s when someone disconnected on my team by abusing kat. <3

Also random Q on that note, what is AD/AP etc? that was discussed earlier?
    http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=50866
    Champion tier list are pretty widely disputed but some champions are constantly high ranked like Ashe, Katarina, Annie, Soraka etc.

AD is attack damage, AP is attack power, AS is attack speed, CDR is cooldown reduction, per5 is health/mana regen per 5 seconds. CC is crowd control debuffs. Those are the most common ones.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Nama View Post
    http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=50866
    Champion tier list are pretty widely disputed but some champions are constantly high ranked like Ashe, Katarina, Annie, Soraka etc.

AD is attack damage, AP is attack power, AS is attack speed, CDR is cooldown reduction, per5 is health/mana regen per 5 seconds. CC is crowd control debuffs. Those are the most common ones.
    Thanks, Last dumb question - where can I find some good builds for champions to get me started?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

http://www.leaguecraft.com/champions/

Pick a champion, click "Guides" tab, find one with the best rating. Follow it.

Fuck Teemo being champion of the week, i'm going to see him in every match now ffs.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

such a good game for free.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

smurf accounts while kat is free are h i l a r i o u s.

i talked a malphite into letting me mid(wtf) and went 22-1 cause i wanted to get an ace and had to tower dive to do it

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

i talked a malphite into letting me mid(wtf) and went 22-1 cause i wanted to get an ace and had to tower dive to do it
    go practice last hitting. jk, ggs, we had some games. invite me more often.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

are you the guy who stole terraflare's name? lol

can't be worse than noob twitches.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

are you the guy who stole terraflare's name? lol
    whos that? i got it from smt: nocturne

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 499 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast