• Yes!

36 53.73%
  • No.

31 46.27%
+ Reply to Thread
    so i herd u liek trollin
    BG Level

Quick question for gaming people.

I know this is corny, but I have to ask.

Does anyone else here RAGE when a game you are playing goes to cutscene when you are surrounded by enemies, even though in all reality, if the game let you, you could easily kick all of their asses?

Every time this happens in a game I get so frustrated. Lol.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Not really.

Yesno.

SwaggerlikeKillquick

Quote Originally Posted by Klutz View Post

Does anyone else here RAGE when a game you are playing goes to cutscene when you are surrounded by enemies, even though in all reality, if the game let you, you could easily kick all of their asses?

Fallout 3 getting a grenade thrown at me and then getting knocked out then being dragged to there base stupid... I know it's to move the story and everything but a grenade really....

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Assassin's Creed 2 made me do that near the end of the game.

Spend a good 8min beating the utter shit out of this dude and all of his soldiers, then a CS pops up where you're all wounded and exhausted, and the dude taunts you and runs away with all his new soldier buddies.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I hate when you get in the 'unwinnable battle' but you're actually good enough to win... the game lets you get the dude down to 1HP and then just decides to make you miss miss miss miss miss or keep doing 0 dmg.

That's the only time it really gets to me.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Domon Kasshu View Post
    I hate when you get in the 'unwinnable battle' but you're actually good enough to win... the game lets you get the dude down to 1HP and then just decides to make you miss miss miss miss miss or keep doing 0 dmg.

I hax'd to try and win the first fight in Breath of Fire II intro but the Gonghead has infinite HP. :[

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Domon Kasshu View Post

Shouldn't they make it so the battle is really unbalanced instead? If you shouldn't be able to kill someone or something then make a valid reason for it. Like... in Baldur's gate there are certain NPCs who cannot die. Instead, how about they just give you some sort of death if you do kill them? For example you kill Aran Linvale and the thieves guild suddenly comes out of the shadows and backstabs you for all your health. Make it make sense!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

See: Yuna's Wedding in FFX.

And yes, it does annoy me if only because it reduces the credibility of the game. Yeah yeah, it's only a game, not reality - rules can be changed etc, but if I have to "surrender" for whatever reason, at least make it something I can believe. Not "can kill huge ass dragon guardian and storm wedding, killing scores of soldiers but being stopped by one gun". This was just the most prominent example I could think of from the top of my head.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i don't rage, but it always feels pretty lame

Quote Originally Posted by Klutz View Post

What I wouldn't give for more games to have more loading doors like Resident Evil. You know how many times those loading doors saved my ass?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Why you gotta open old wounds. I'm still pissed about Teepo...

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    What I wouldn't give for more games to have more loading doors like Resident Evil. You know how many times those loading doors saved my ass?
    Last thing we need is a zombie game where the zombies know how to open doors and wander between areas........

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I hate illogical cutscenes in general, like one near the beginning of FFXIII:
    Spoiler: show
    I don't get why Snow was suddenly paralyzed after he missed the grenade launcher, in the scene where Hope's mother dies. So you missed, uh... get back up and grab it or just lay there looking like a moron, tough choice?

I do like how Suikoden usually handles "impossible" battles - if you can actually win them, the game progresses accordingly, usually with the enemy being defeated but still escaping, or having someone back them up at the last moment. Doesn't usually affect the plot a ton, but at least it makes sense, and sometimes there are nice little rewards (finding out the Man in Black's real identity earlier, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I hate illogical cutscenes in general, like one near the beginning of FFXIII:
    Spoiler: show
    I don't get why Snow was suddenly paralyzed after he missed the grenade launcher, in the scene where Hope's mother dies. So you missed, uh... get back up and grab it or just lay there looking like a moron, tough choice?

I do like how Suikoden usually handles "impossible" battles - if you can actually win them, the game progresses accordingly, usually with the enemy being defeated but still escaping, or having someone back them up at the last moment. Doesn't usually affect the plot a ton, but at least it makes sense, and sometimes there are nice little rewards (finding out the Man in Black's real identity earlier, for example).
    Yeah, this makes me actually rage. Standing up going "ALKJDLKFAJSLKDJFLKDJFKLSDJ PICK IT UP :ASDJFL:AKJSDLKFJSDF"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Last thing we need is a zombie game where the zombies know how to open doors and wander between areas........
    The Kamikaze Zombie from RE1 Remake says hi!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In Legend of Dragoon, (it's been awhile so some info may be off but I continue) I believe its in the arena you have to fight a guy and lose to him, my friend had a Game genie or game shark whatever they go by now adays.

He gave himself the cheat for take 0 damage or something, in short he beat the guy, and instead of going to the cutscene that follows the fight, it went to a black screen and it wouldn't continue any farther. So he had to reload and beat it the correct way.