+ Reply to Thread
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

WTB: Arcade Stick PS2/PS3 compatible

Hi BG im looking to purchase an arcade stick to play Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 on PS2 or PS3. If u r selling 1 or know whats a good one I buy let me know. Thanks!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

hit up amazon and look for the PS3 Hori Fighting Stick 3, it's really fun to play on and decently priced

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

that or i recommend finding the madcatz fightstick SE or TE, the old models are cheaper now, at it's an extremely good stick if you get the TE, the SE needs to just get some parts replaced.

I'm also available to do custom builds if you want to go that direction, not cheaper by any stretch, but complete customization.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Darus around how much is a custom stick and will it be compatible with both ps2 and ps3 version of mvc2

If you really just want a stick for PS2/PS3 , your best bet is to simply buy a cheap PS2 stick and get a good PS2->PS3 converter. Can probably find something sub $50.

Custom sticks like that start at $130 and that's just parts, as I said, more about options than cost efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    If you really just want a stick for PS2/PS3 , your best bet is to simply buy a cheap PS2 stick and get a good PS2->PS3 converter. Can probably find something sub $50.
    Unless something's changed in the past few months the best PS2>PS3 converters (aka, the input lag-less ones) aren't exactly easy to come by since the few that have actually been (thoroughly) tested either aren't sold in the US/Yurop or have been discontinued a while ago (Real, Pelican, etc.).

to OP: if you're going that route, go to the shoryuken.com forums and send a PM to "laugh", he used to sell the InPin converters at a reasonable price back in the days (the shipment from S.Korea is gonna take a while though) and AFAIK that's the best adapter your money can buy atm.

Don't look at my custom sticks unless you live in Europe because due to the €>US$ exchange rate and the humongous shipment costs you'd end up spending way too much.

I literally have a PILE of the radioshack PS2->PC adapters. They seem pretty easy to still find for sub $15, many stores still sell them instore apparently.

"Lagless" by converter standards(sub20ms), only downside to them is they can't handle multi-direction input, which is only an issue for rhythm games, since you can't press right+left at same time on a stick.

Course I'm in the crowd that the unusableness of many converters has been greatly exaggerated, and like many issues of "lag" are psychosomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post

"Lagless" by converter standards(sub20ms),
    "sub 20 ms" is a little vague (besides, 20~ ms, on top of the lag induced by shitty connections/netcodes, makes all the difference in the world in certain games if you're a tourneyfag such as myself lol) and I don't see anything about the Radioshack converter on the SRK forums threads (which are comprised of hundreds of pages so I might've just missed it eh), has it ever been actually tested?

Could you please provide a link cause depending on the actual input-lag that'd be quite the nice find.

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=132493
    http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread....oshack+adapter

I haven't browsed looking for actual tests, but when everyone says "lagless" for a converter it generally means sub20ms, cause they ALL lag, but only 1 frame is unnoticeable.