1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Apocalypse
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Shadowmoon

Graphics & Scenery is just awesome, Just what I wanted it to look like : )

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    I'm not trying to be a negative nancy here, and I think the GTX480 is a pretty great card when you're looking at just performance. But why spend money on the GTX480 now, when the refresh coming out in probably 3 months will have all 512 stream processors enabled, run at cooler temps, and higher clocks?

I'd wait man

If you still decide to get the 480, grats on your card
    You sir may have made me wait on my card i will prob just wait till ffxiv release and buy my card a day or two before then!

cheers

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

Taruuuuu~

I'll still be a cat~

Apocalypse
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Shadowmoon

Quote Originally Posted by Eyedea-Seraph View Post
    i will prob just wait till ffxiv release and buy my card a day or two before then!
    I plan on running it on my 9800 GTX first lol, Just to see whats gonna happen.
    & in time we'll just know whats the best setup for FFXIV, You never know some cards have issues on some games but work flawlessly on others, And drivers aren't always helpful.

After everything becomes clear then I'll invest on one or two of these big boys. : )

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    edit: anyone else notice Aratam's spear is worn a little high for a while
    I noticed it too, but it's an alpha build so funky bugs like that will be worked out over time. This is the reason why they don't want everyone in the Alpha going around talking about the Alpha, there's going to be a lot of things wrong with the game that need to be fixed and all these complaints will just be negative publicity.

Still, it's cool they're doing this youtube vid thing, as long as they keep it up it should really help to hype the game.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Please people keep in mind that this is an Alpha Build and things like lighting and textures will be refined more and more over the development of the game.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    Please people keep in mind that this is an Alpha Build and things like lighting and textures will be refined more and more over the development of the game.
    /Truestrike!

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm just saying this because some people will look at that footage and think that is what the game will look like. But that is a sketch of what the game will look like. In fact we'll all probably laugh at that same footage for being primitive looking by the time the game is released.

It does kind of remind me of the feeling I had when I first played FFXI and I made a Hume character in Bastock. I played for about an hour then deleted the character and made an Elvaan in Sandy.

I use Safari on the mac I am sure you can with other Browsers but I was able to play the 720 video and open the activity window and just drag the 39.9MB file to the desktop to download a MP4 of the video. You can get Safari for PC too, it's the easiest way to pulldown HD youtube.

Shit's running at like 5 fps sped up. I had no real desire to get into the alpha but even more so now.

the apple of knowledge
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    damn and i said i wasn't going to be a lalafell this time, looks like i might have to eat my words

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Well now. Looks like I'll be rolling a Lalafell this time around.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

looks great^^

its interesting to look at the mini map in the top right to see what kinda guilds/shops we can expect.

the galka walks in style, but the taru's stiff back and arms seem odd.

Internet Haet Machine
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Eyedea-Seraph View Post
    i on the other hand am upgrading to a gtx480
    Fuck that shit! Get an Ati HD5970 and play at max settings for the rest of your life!

Anyway the game looks so beautiful, I'm so angry none of my 5 application have been choosen for the Alpha.... FUCK! ;_;

Q_Q
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fuck yeah /panic is still in for Tarus

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Anvilmar

Quote Originally Posted by Altanass View Post
    I noticed this too, looks kinda like the glitch you get sometimes in XI where your torso stays stationary and only your legs move...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looks great thus far.
    Very excited.

People should check some old PS2 beta footage of FFXI if they want to see how far a game can come from humble initial stages.

Also, anyone wanting to get a new graphics card will probably do themselves a favor by waiting 3-4 months. Platform refreshes and driver maturity on both ATI and nVidia side will more than likely result in better product and lower prices. Fermi's launch has been disappointingly underwhelming.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Looks awesome, also jealous that im not in the beta D:

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

LMAO

Not so much lalafail anymore.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Altanass View Post
    Looks like an over-exaggerated little kid walk to me, like something you'd see in an anime or something. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see male Lalafell walk completely different from female. Chances are there will actually be a lot more differences between the two Lalafell genders, unlike Taru in XI. Hell, they might even go as far as giving each tribe different animations too, for at least emotes anyway.